PDA

View Full Version : Turkey day

Goatwhiskers
11-22-2018, 09:08 AM
When it comes to my culinary abilities I have been asked to bring the paper towels to all family gatherings. GW

lightman
11-22-2018, 09:51 AM
Thats about my skill level too! Happy Thanksgiving!

RED BEAR
11-22-2018, 11:09 AM
i actually like to cook but due to health wife is doing it this year.

bedbugbilly
11-22-2018, 11:21 AM
Goatwhiskers . . . thanks for a good chuckle to start the day! :-) I'm sure it's probably not really that bad!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone . . . not about all the food but gathering with friends and family if you've got 'em. Please remember the men and women, and their families today in your prayers who are serving in our military for the rest of us.

Have a happy and safe holiday!

ericandelaine1975
11-22-2018, 11:21 AM
I smoked the turkey breast.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181122/fb9cad9c3486bdf1f26ef7cbccba1c56.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Wag
11-22-2018, 11:42 AM
Occasionally, I'll do the turkey on the smoker. Nothing better there, friends. The drippings make the best dang gravy you'll ever have. Maybe I'll smoke one for Christmas this year......... Or another prime rib roast. Holy smoke. Literally......

One year, I deep fried the turkey in peanut oil. THAT was dang good, too.

Have a great T-day, everyone!

--Wag--

GhostHawk
11-22-2018, 11:54 AM
My Wife and I are still "chilling" 16 miles NW of Hot Springs Ar.

Plans are for a pair of cornish game hens, mashed taters and gravy, 2 kinds of canned cranberry sauce, and 2 mini pumpkin pies. Low key, no fuss, no worry's.

First week of dec we intend to put the trailer in storage and head home to ND for Christmas with the Grand Kids. Mom is missing her couch, internet and the kids.

I'm missing couch, internet, and my shower, but not enough to give up this peace until I have to.

Going above freezing at home today with that crappy white stuff on the ground.
Going to be almost 60 here today, blue skys, perfect for afternoon walks and lazy mornings drinking coffee watching the leaves fall.

Man I love this country.

We have a rubbermaid tub full of wrapped quartz crystals to take home and play with.
Yeah I like this retired RV thing.

375supermag
11-22-2018, 12:01 PM
Hi...
Wife is doing the cooking...big old turkey in the oven. She has been baking cookies and cinnamon buns since yesterday afternoon.
I don't know who is going to eat all this stuff but it sure smells great.

As per our tradition, last evening we had a seafood feast. Crab cakes, steamed shrimp with potato skins.

Looking forward to a long peaceful day of turkey and football after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade...my wife loves to watch the parade every year.

Beagle333
11-22-2018, 12:22 PM
I always say, if the host tells you "We have everything else, can you just bring the ice?"...... they are really saying you can't cook. At all. [smilie=l:

beagle
11-23-2018, 09:07 AM
House full of people. Turkey and ham and all the trimmings. Women fixed it and me and the boys popped some 9mm, .357 Mag and .44 Mag off the back patio. Good food and it's nice to live in the country. Happy Thanksgiving to all./beagle