PDA

View Full Version : WTB Thompson contender carbine stock set

jeepyj
11-16-2018, 09:50 PM
Just as suggested in the title, I'm in search to see if anyone is looking to part with a set or at least a rear stock for an original contender. Just picked up a rifle barrel and at first was toying with having it cut and crowned but after some thought I think I will set it up with rifle stocks. Please PM with what you've got and how much $$ your looking to get shipped to 04468
Please and thank you, Tim
P.S.if you've got a scope mount as well that would also be considered.

Jackpine
11-17-2018, 03:05 PM
I have a walnut butt stock for Contender I would sell. I think it is an aftermarket stock, not an actual TC. It is walnut, gloss finish, the same contour as a TC stock, no checkering, but the grip plate does not have a TC logo on it and the butt plate is a White Line. It is in nice shape. I would like $75 plus shipping. I think it would go in a medium flat rate box.

I also have a Redfield base and rings, #51004, JRPS TC Box reads: Complete Mount: Base & Rings Tompson ContenderStd., Bull, Supper 14" Barrels. Hole spacing on all Contender barrels I have ever had was the same, so don't know why it would not work. It is a longer base than other Redfield TC bases I have had. The rings are both the dovetail style. It is dull blue finish and in good shape. I would like $35 plus small flat rate box shipping, if you wanted only it and not the stock.

I can send you pics later tonight when I get back home if you are interested. Send me your email address by PM if you like the pics.

Jackpine

jeepyj
11-17-2018, 05:31 PM
Good afternoon Jackpine, I would like to see a photos please. I'll PM you my email address to send them to.Thank you in advance - Tim (jeepyj)

Ledslnger
11-18-2018, 12:22 AM
I have never checked for Contender stuff as I don't have one. Maybe they don't do Contender stuff I am unsure. But, I like to cruise Boyd's Rapidfire Closeouts. Sometimes they have some great stuff at good prices. Many times they don't have matched sets for the Encore stuff though. But, I will grab a good foreend and bide my time to find a compatible buttstock. Just a thought. Good luck.

jeepyj
11-18-2018, 01:33 PM
Seems as though I've struck a deal with Jackpine. Thanks all - Jeepyj.
I will close thread as soon as transaction is completed.