PDA

View Full Version : Cold dreary rainy UGH

mold maker
11-14-2018, 02:15 PM
2 Dr appointments on a cold rainy morning. I can't think of anything to look forward too with less zeal. Usually, these don't bother me, but today is somehow different.
OH WELL !! The rain should end tomorrow and sunshine makes everything look better.
Thank GOD for tomorrows.

3leggedturtle
11-14-2018, 02:33 PM
Look on the bright side, we had 2 days of rain, was 45 and then temps dropped till it started snowing and then went to teens at night. Snow on top of frozen rain. Yep only good thing is have plenty of time by the stove to cast and reload... Todd/3leg

Walks
11-14-2018, 02:36 PM
Wish GOD would send us that rain.

Kids in school up in Oxnard are wearing masks to go to class. Smoke everywhere.

jsizemore
11-14-2018, 02:51 PM
Yeah, dreary today but the rain starts again this evening and lasts through till tomorrow evening. Forecast calls for a couple inches in the triangle. We had 4.5" the past couple days.

Geezer in NH
11-14-2018, 05:17 PM
Got 5 inches of snow yesterday morning, then around 1 inch or more of rain, temp dropped last night every thing is FROZEN solid. Yes rain is a problem NOT. Yep your lucky be happy!

When you think it's bad sometimes it's not. We could have had 24 inches first as it has happened before.

Houndog
11-14-2018, 05:58 PM
We've had a nice easy rain for the last 3 days with temps in the high 40's and low 50's during the day and lows above freezing at night. I got to watch a mama Bear and a cub for more than an hour today. SO RELAXING!!!!

I feel for our left coast folks with their fires, no rain and wind. "These are the times that try men's souls" to quote a passage I remember from long ago. I pray GOD will show mercy on them soon.

DougGuy
11-14-2018, 06:46 PM
This is New Orleans Style Red Beans & Rice weather!!

pworley1
11-14-2018, 06:47 PM
Amen!

jsizemore
11-14-2018, 09:10 PM
Sorry Doug. I made Navy beans with diced smoked pork chops and rice. Warmed French bread buttered to get up the gravy. Let it rain!!!!

country gent
11-14-2018, 09:23 PM
I usually go out to eat after a Drs appointment if possible. A nice set down meal ( I don't have to fix) seems to help some.

Grmps
11-14-2018, 09:34 PM
Did you have to "bend over and cough :)?

Rice sounds good ... I'm thinking sesame or cashew chicken.

mold maker
11-15-2018, 03:29 AM
Ha Ha. No bending over. That comes next month. I was just having less than a great day, compounded with the inconvenient weather.
The Dr appointments were hers and mine but I have to handle the wheelchair in and out of the back of the van in the weather, and it is getting to be more of a chore.
We too usually go out to eat afterwards, but that too requires lifting the
wheelchair and yesterday was a raw rainy day when old arthur makes its self known..
As we advance the path of life, things we once gave no thought to, become of primary importance. The wife and I have learned to accommodate the necessities of life by sharing responsibilities according to an ever changing ability. That's the formula for the 54 years we've shared. We have agreed to care for each other, at home, where my parents did the same for 63 years and passed holding our hands.
Both our children live next door in order for all to care for each other. That took lots of prayers and some financial help.
Not meant for a pity party, but the warm sunny days of summer have given way to the harsh weather that's coming, and I aint ready for it.

RKJ
11-15-2018, 08:20 AM
This is New Orleans Style Red Beans & Rice weather!! Mmm, That sounds good!!!

jsizemore
11-15-2018, 08:57 AM
Ha Ha. No bending over. That comes next month. I was just having less than a great day, compounded with the inconvenient weather.
The Dr appointments were hers and mine but I have to handle the wheelchair in and out of the back of the van in the weather, and it is getting to be more of a chore.
We too usually go out to eat afterwards, but that too requires lifting the
wheelchair and yesterday was a raw rainy day when old arthur makes its self known..
As we advance the path of life, things we once gave no thought to, become of primary importance. The wife and I have learned to accommodate the necessities of life by sharing responsibilities according to an ever changing ability. That's the formula for the 54 years we've shared. We have agreed to care for each other, at home, where my parents did the same for 63 years and passed holding our hands.
Both our children live next door in order for all to care for each other. That took lots of prayers and some financial help.
Not meant for a pity party, but the warm sunny days of summer have given way to the harsh weather that's coming, and I aint ready for it.

As long as momma has her rain bonnet, everything will be OK.

Land Owner
11-15-2018, 09:39 AM
Rain makes us appreciate the clear cool weather that follows.

Venison chili for me in front of a warm fireplace when it rains.

MrWolf
11-15-2018, 09:59 AM
Sleet before and now snow. Staying put today. Make a fire. You don't mess with the roads around here in that condition if you can help it.

bob208
11-15-2018, 10:10 AM
that show is hitting here now. just help unload new windows for the house. they start putting them in tomorrow.

Down South
11-15-2018, 05:30 PM
It's been the same here in central La. I had to run to my shop yesterday about 30 miles from here and there were snow flurries all morning. Just today the sun came out and it's pretty outside. It's supposed to get up to 64 tomorrow and 67 Saturday. I'll probably go motorcycle riding.

mold maker
11-16-2018, 08:16 AM
Well, Today dawned with bright sunshine and birds at the feeder. No appointments and no demands today. Even arthur is leaving me alone.
I'll probably make it to the bench for a while.
Life is good.

bob208
11-16-2018, 09:42 AM
well they called for 1 inch we got 6+.

lightman
11-18-2018, 11:30 AM
Its been cold and rainy here too. At least until yesterday when it warmed up to the 60's. I spent most of the last 7 days sitting on a deer stand. The woods and trails are wet and sloppy. I guess everything is wet and sloppy? When I'm not hunting it it I either build a fire in the fireplace at home of spend some time in the loading room. I have a window that faces my back yard and the farm fields that start at my property line.

David2011
11-20-2018, 06:47 PM
We’re moving bits and pieces slowly to the house we bought near Houston from the one in SE New Mexico. The Houston weather man says winter is returning tomorrow. Highs will be in the 50s. NM is cold enough for me. It was below freezing when we left Sunday morning.