I live in a border state to Midway

Ordered 11/12
email shipped 11/13 no info with supplied tracking #

On 11/14 Tracking # update delivery on 11/20

Yes, 11/20 8 days to ship 250 miles.

Must coming by covered wagon

Land Owner
11-14-2018, 11:35 AM
Do you hold Midway responsible for the shipper? Perhaps Midway is held hostage by them too. Have you called Midway on it? Perhaps they will make you feel less abused by some discount or special they can offer. I don't think that Midway wants to abuse its purchasers.

Ben
11-14-2018, 11:35 AM
I've complained to MidWay about their tracking process ( useless in my opinion ) and long shipping times. Seems that it has fallen on deaf ears. Nothing has changed.

I think that MidWay is shipping the " bare bones " method with the shipper.
They aren't paying much, they aren't getting much either.

Ben

Land Owner
11-14-2018, 11:37 AM
There are alternatives then. Should Midway feel the pinch of lost revenues, perhaps they would mend their ways.

sparky45
11-14-2018, 11:40 AM
I have experienced the same problem. Used to be I could order early one day and remarkably receive the package the next day. Now the package is shipped out of MidwayUSA on time BUT the method used to complete the delivery involves TWO shippers, usually UPS then final delivery by USPS. That's when I contacted customer service and told them I would NOT be ordering from them in the future if they continued to use that method of shipping. MidwayUSA is making money on shipping charges using that method and I don't see that changing. I live in far SE KS and the distance from me to Midway is similar to yours.

DCP
11-14-2018, 11:45 AM
Do you hold Midway responsible for the shipper? Perhaps Midway is held hostage by them too. Have you called Midway on it? Perhaps they will make you feel less abused by some discount or special they can offer. I don't think that Midway wants to abuse its purchasers.

Yes I called Midway there sorry
No discount or special offer I asked. They really dont care

Ben
11-14-2018, 11:45 AM
sparky45

MidwayUSA is making money on shipping charges using that method

EXACTLY ! It is all about $$$$$$
I don't think that MidWay is being held hostage by anyone. I think what MidWay is doing is by their choice.

DCP
11-14-2018, 11:47 AM
I've complained to MidWay about their tracking process ( useless in my opinion ) and long shipping times. Seems that it has fallen on deaf ears. Nothing has changed.

I think that MidWay is shipping the " bare bones " method with the shipper.
They aren't paying much, they aren't getting much either.

Ben

:goodpost:

Grmps
11-14-2018, 11:56 AM
A little know fact, USPS does NOT own any cargo planes. all their air packages ride on UPS/Fedex planes in exchange for USPS delivering X amount of their packages.

They most likely ship by the cheapest method (ground) and just because you get a tracking number doesn't mean the package has left Midway yet.

I've found that most often, Midway is not the cheapest place to buy from. Do a little google searching and you could be pleasantly surprised.

bosterr
11-14-2018, 12:05 PM
There has been so many times that my things are shipped by others beside Midway that the tracking shows shipped and there's no further update in tracking until the items show delivered. A friend of mine put me on Sage Outdoors for a Gator gas check supplier. They shipped my 2000 checks the same day as the order was received and they were in my mailbox 2 days later. He told me that's standard procedure for Sage. They'll be getting all my check business from now on.

RED BEAR
11-14-2018, 12:10 PM
i have always had good service from midway. now you want to try useless try usps tracking. had packages arrive that never moved according to tracking had tracking say delivered never to be seen.

Gray Fox
11-14-2018, 12:27 PM
Buffalo Arms is also making a ton on their shipping fees. GF

ShooterAZ
11-14-2018, 12:49 PM
A lot of Midway's shipments via UPS go on piggyback trailers and ship by rail. I know the ones that come to me do anyway. Then they transfer to USPS at final destination. It's all a jumbled up mess. I once got a notification from UPS that my package was being delayed due to a train derailment.

gnostic
11-14-2018, 12:51 PM
My experience with Midway has been all good. The Post office lost a 35lb. RCBS Green Machine that was never seen again...

Tatume
11-14-2018, 12:56 PM
Midway uses an economy shipper that is usually very reasonably priced, and delivers promptly in my experience. If you want faster shipping, Midway offers other shipping options. You just have to be willing to pay for them.

That said, I usually contrast the final cost on identical orders at Midway and Graf and Sons before I place the order. Sometimes Graf comes in substantially lower. Other times I can't get everything I need from Graf, and would have to place a partial order with Midway. This is not an economical solution, so I place the entire order with Midway.

Shop around, get the best price. Sometimes it's Midway, sometimes it not.

sundog
11-14-2018, 12:58 PM
Yessir, same here. Ordered 11/7, shipped 11/8, scheduled delivery NLT 11/13.

It is now 11/14, STILL WAITING!

I'm sure folks at the mail order houses all watch the web and especially these firearm forums. If I were customer service, I would be listening to this sort of stuff. Of course, listening is only that...

DCP
11-14-2018, 01:03 PM
Midway uses an economy shipper that is usually very reasonably priced, and delivers promptly in my experience. If you want faster shipping, Midway offers other shipping options. You just have to be willing to pay for them.

That said, I usually contrast the final cost on identical orders at Midway and Graf and Sons before I place the order. Sometimes Graf comes in substantially lower. Other times I can't get everything I need from Graf, and would have to place a partial order with Midway. This is not an economical solution, so I place the entire order with Midway.

Shop around, get the best price. Sometimes it's Midway, sometimes it not.

WELL, I qualified for free shipping that said it would be delivered on the 16th with an email confirming the 16th and no option to update.
Now it says the 20th

colt38sp
11-14-2018, 01:53 PM
I was wondering if it was just me that everything I order from Midway has been very slow to arrive in the past couple months. What I really hate is their "Nitro Express" shipping which really means you only have about 10 minutes to cancel an order if you forgot to order something. I had this happen not too long ago and called them and said they were sorry but it was already processing and that nothing could be done. They gave me instructions on how to return an item if needed. Little to say when I finally received the order a week later, I sent all of the items back since I had ordered from Midsouth Shooters Supply and received it before Midway's. Btw Midsouth's only took 2 days and they are of equal distance from me as Midway is. Midsouth or others get all of my business now. I guess it is the fact that they don't care anymore that makes me the angriest.

Tackleberry41
11-14-2018, 01:54 PM
I do not blame Midway, once out of their hands, not much they can do. Plenty of shipping options, most of us take the cheapest. That means UPS/USPS sure post. Once the post office gets ahold of it, yea your looking at covered wagons. Sure post takes 2 days tops to get within 30 mi of my house, then another 2 days with the post office.

I pay the little extra, I can usually have a package at my door in 2 days.

lefty o
11-14-2018, 02:00 PM
they choose the cheapest slowest shipping option they can. them, brownells, and a few others have fallen into the boat of making money from shipping, and not caring if it takes days to leave their property. neither used to be like that, but with them it has become the new normal.

white eagle
11-14-2018, 02:06 PM
I live in a border state to Midway

Ordered 11/12
email shipped 11/13 no info with supplied tracking #

On 11/14 Tracking # update delivery on 11/20

Yes, 11/20 8 days to ship 250 miles.

Must coming by covered wagon

Pony express is more like it
yes I hold midway accountable for their choice of shipping
and it is their choice no one forces them to ship a certain
way or with a particular carrier
I ordered something last Friday the 9th they tell me it
won't be here until Monday the 19th
may want to get in touch with Amazon they know how to ship
I limit what I order from Midway because of their shipping and
use them as a last resort

ThomR
11-14-2018, 02:17 PM
Up until last week I lived four hours away from Columbia, Missouri. Midway was pretty fast about getting the items shipped. The problem came when it was shipped via UPS/USPS or FedEx/USPS.

Beagle333
11-14-2018, 03:21 PM
I ordered a 3- pack of Ruger base pin springs on the 4th and they are just now supposed to be delivered today. (the 14th)

I'm not saying that is too long, because I wasn't in a rush for them. But it does seem to be a fairly long wait compared to other places I shop online.

reddog81
11-14-2018, 03:51 PM
Midway uses whatever shipping option you choose. The last order I placed was Saturday 10/20 and it was delivered Wednesday 10/24 and I selected the cheapest option.

I just looked in my Midway cart and for the items selected there are 5 delivery options ranging 11/15 to 11/27. If you select the cheapest and slowest option don't be surprised if it takes a little while, and I'm not sure how someone can blame Midway for the shipper taking their sweet time.

This can happen with any company. Last year I ordered some items from Brownells and they went from Montezuma Iowa(an hour east of me) to Chicago, St. Louis, Kansas City, Olathe KS, Osseo, MN and then to Des Moines. That Fedex package traveled over 1,500 miles over the course of a week. On the trip from Olathe Ks to Osseo, MN it would have been a couple of miles from my house in Des Moines.

bob208
11-14-2018, 03:51 PM
I have been buying from midway for 25 years never a problem. in fact I was buying from them before I had a computer would call the order in. never a problem. now you have your choice of the way you want it shipped. we are just a month away from Christmas the busiest shipping time of the year.

one other thing listening to some here I am glad I am retired and don't have to deal with the public.

white eagle
11-14-2018, 03:57 PM
amazon ships free
with certain subscriptions
free is better than cheap and faster to
most Amazon stuff is delivered by the usps
and its even delivered on Sunday
so blaming a certain carrier don't get them off the hook

Chad5005
11-14-2018, 04:03 PM
I order a lot from midway and over the last few months they have been very slow 3 times,all other orders were here within 3 days and I feel that the problem was between them printing the label and it actually leaving midway

Tatume
11-14-2018, 05:01 PM
No retail company ships for free. They simply include the shipping cost in the price. It may work out that some people pay more and others less, but somebody paid for the shipping.

pworley1
11-14-2018, 07:18 PM
I almost never use Midway anymore. I still try to use them, but after I load all the items I intend to buy into the cart and add the shipping cost Midway almost never comes out the cheapest. When I do buy from them, my package is sent by UPS to the post office and then delivered by the USPS. By doing this my package passes my house on the UPS truck one day, delivered to the USPS the next day, then to me the next day. It spends two days two miles from me before it is delivered.

dragon813gt
11-14-2018, 08:51 PM
When I do buy from them, my package is sent by UPS to the post office and then delivered by the USPS. By doing this my package passes my house on the UPS truck one day, delivered to the USPS the next day, then to me the next day. It spends two days two miles from me before it is delivered.
Don’t choose this shipping option. USPS final delivery is cheaper. Pay more for UPS delivery and you won’t have this problem.

I don’t buy from Midway. Anything I would order from them can be bought on Amazon. Cheaper price and I have it in two days. I’m a Prime member for their streaming service. So the shipping is an added bonus. W/ the volume I order I’m one of the people that pays less, a lot less for shipping. I take full advantage of the service they offer.

marlin39a
11-14-2018, 09:03 PM
I go with a Midway order when they offer free shipping. I expect it o take a week. I like Midway.

Petrol & Powder
11-14-2018, 09:07 PM
Have we, the consumer, become a bit spoiled in this world of jet powered air freight, computer controlled shipping, bar code readers, computer tracking right down to the final delivery driver, distribution hubs, 7 day a week delivery options, UPS, FedEx, USPS and a few other shippers ?

I'm not that old and I can remember looking through a paper catalog (that arrived in the mail), filing out a paper order form, getting a money order and mailing off my payment and order form. Then you waited.

Things have changed for the better but sometimes I think we've become the little obnoxious girl from Willy Wonka that said "I want it and I want it NOW" !

DCP
11-14-2018, 09:08 PM
I will try this again if you qualify for free shipping they don't give you an option to change it. Its Butterfield Overland Mail.

No, I don't want it now. 8 days for 250 miles is nuts and don't lie to me and be off by 4days.

Tatume
11-15-2018, 12:51 AM
The beauty of a capitalist society is we can buy from whom we wish, or not as pleases us.