PDA

View Full Version : WTB 1891 Argentine stock

ronniet
11-13-2018, 08:22 PM
Looking for a 1891 Mauser/argentine stock, Wood, walnut , maple etc... Sporter/hunter type.
Used is good if good, semi inlet is good.
Looking to finish an old project PM or email me.

Der Gebirgsjager
11-13-2018, 09:20 PM
I think that I might have a couple of new/old Bishop stocks. I'll check tomorrow if you're still interested. They're 90% inletted, if I have them.

ronniet
11-13-2018, 10:07 PM
Sounds like what I need, let me know when you find out.
Ron

Der Gebirgsjager
11-14-2018, 07:28 PM
Click to enlarge.

I've got a lot of brand new stocks remaining from my gunsmithing days, and thought I had seen several marked 91. Unfortunately 5 of the 6 I found are for the '91 Russian, and only one for the '91 Argentine. That's the one in the picture. It's a Mannlicher-type stock which could be worked up into a very fine rifle using the full length barrel. It could also :sad: be cut down to sporter length for a rifle on which the barrel has been chopped. It is heavy, dense, straight grained walnut with a Bishop butt plate. There are no cracks, chips, a couple of small storage dings (about 23 years!) about 43 inches in length, classic comb and cheek rest. I have more photos, but am always very short on photo storage room on the forum's computer, so if you're interested and want to PM me your regular e-mail address I can send them along for you to look at.

ronniet
11-14-2018, 08:01 PM
PM sent