PDA

View Full Version : I live in Illinois...can anyone recommend a good van lines?

Wally
11-06-2018, 11:16 PM
Despite the fact that the Democratic controlled legislature passed a 32% Income Tax hike, along with being in a state with the 2nd highest property taxes, along with one of the highest Sales Tax rate...looks as if all state office holders will be Democrats and my Congressman will now also be a Democrat. Both our Senators are also Democrats. It amazes me that so many who voted in Illinois continue to elect and support Democrats. Our state credit rating is the worst of all the states and our pension debt is astronomical. The Democrats here have been in charge for many decades. Can anyone else who resides in Illinois cheer me up?

Hamish
11-06-2018, 11:21 PM
Illinois is officially in the crapper. Sitting here figuring on moving to Cape Girardeau. If not for my grandkids, we'd already be in Tennessee,,,,,

Too many welfare rats voting.

Omega
11-06-2018, 11:27 PM
Illinois is officially in the crapper. Sitting here figuring on moving to Cape Girardeau. If not for my grandkids, we'd already be in Tennessee,,,,,We have room, and stayed Red in the Senate, even the Governor stayed Red, but we can always use more support.

Walks
11-06-2018, 11:42 PM
I can't say it's "nice" to know there's a state in worse shape then California. But then we're so ****ed up we have 2 democrats running for the same U. S. Senate Seat. And dianne feinstein is one of the candidates.

crowbuster
11-07-2018, 09:25 AM
It saddens me. All the shenanigans they pulled and people still voted for them. They will stop at nothing. What thread of hope I had in people is gone.

Don Purcell
11-07-2018, 10:55 AM
Chicago and the close surrounding area has half of the Illinois' population and added to the democrats who live downstate who just can't see that the democrat party is not the same as their grandfather's party is why this state is toast. When you look at a colored map of Illinois almost all the state is red except for the cities, and they control the state.

Kraschenbirn
11-07-2018, 10:59 AM
Total disaster here. Not only did the Dems take every single constitutional state office, they've now got a super-majority in both houses of the legislature. Locally was, if possible, even worse. We've got the University of Illinois here and student voting was the highest in history...24,000 votes cast in the 'student precincts' of a county with a TOTAL census population of just over 200,000. (Illinois law allows students to register and vote where they're attending school...regardless of where their actual home address might be, even if it's out of state.) Now, we've got a county government that's 99% Dem...that's EVERY elected office except the half-dozen rural County Board seats!! These include a convicted felon...drug dealer...as our County Clerk (his wife is a state rep who sold her soul to the Chicago Machine for a pardon from a lame-duck governor on his last day in office), a former city mayor, run out of city office by her own party, as County Treasurer, and a Sheriff who has skipped from one small department to another, never rising above 'patrol officer'; he was working as a part-time security cop for a junior college when he was elected over the current Chief Deputy; a 29-year veteran with a spotless record.

Realistically, the wife and I are too old to pull up stakes and skedaddle but it's only 32 miles to Indiana and I'm looking at the possibility of buying a place just over the line to establish residence...

Bill

Wally
11-07-2018, 11:52 AM
The Governor elect campaigned on more Gun Control laws....to ban high capacity magazines and AR's...with no restitution for anyone that has one and would turn them in. IMHO this violates two amendments. Perhaps the NRA will start going to the SC to get these many unconstitutional gun laws vacated...it is long overdue.

Plate plinker
11-07-2018, 05:59 PM
Come on over your always welcome here.
Total disaster here. Not only did the Dems take every single constitutional state office, they've now got a super-majority in both houses of the legislature. Locally was, if possible, even worse. We've got the University of Illinois here and student voting was the highest in history...24,000 votes cast in the 'student precincts' of a county with a TOTAL census population of just over 200,000. (Illinois law allows students to register and vote where they're attending school...regardless of where their actual home address might be, even if it's out of state.) Now, we've got a county government that's 99% Dem...that's EVERY elected office except the half-dozen rural County Board seats!! These include a convicted felon...drug dealer...as our County Clerk (his wife is a state rep who sold her soul to the Chicago Machine for a pardon from a lame-duck governor on his last day in office), a former city mayor, run out of city office by her own party, as County Treasurer, and a Sheriff who has skipped from one small department to another, never rising above 'patrol officer'; he was working as a part-time security cop for a junior college when he was elected over the current Chief Deputy; a 29-year veteran with a spotless record.

Realistically, the wife and I are too old to pull up stakes and skedaddle but it's only 32 miles to Indiana and I'm looking at the possibility of buying a place just over the line to establish residence...

Bill

DCP
11-07-2018, 06:16 PM
Yes sad day here in IL. Grandson wants us to move to AL near Huntsville.

wgr
11-07-2018, 06:16 PM

Billhop on over and welcome need all the help we can get. I live in southern IN. national forest.

OBCoal
11-07-2018, 06:25 PM
Living in the state where our former governors in (prison) make our license plates we have an up hill battle with the new governor JB and mad Mike. Gun control laws will be coming from all directions. Might have to move to KY.

wgr
11-07-2018, 07:16 PM
So if they can vote there just because they attend school there whats to keep them from voting at home too

Kraschenbirn
11-07-2018, 08:52 PM
So if they can vote there just because they attend school there whats to keep them from voting at home too

Absolutely nothing!! The outgoing County Clerk was asked that very question on a local radio talk show this morning and he made the point that the County Board has repeatedly "declined authorization" for his office to participate in the national 'Cross Check' database to identify multiple registrations. The incoming County Clerk...our 'reformed' felon'...has already stated that he will request the County Attorney to join the Illinois Attorney General's lawsuit to ban use of Cross Check or any similar database to "suppress voter participation". (Btw..for those of you unfamiliar with Illinois politics, our current State Attorney General is the DAUGHTER of Speaker of the Illinois House of Representatives who is also the Chairman of the State Democratic Party and, therefore, controls ALL Illinois State Democratic Party Campaign funds.)

Bill

Moleman-
11-07-2018, 10:20 PM
We took several trips with a 26' Uhaul when we moved from IL. I miss my friends, my old hunting spots and a couple of food joints but that's it. We have a similar sqft house, an out building, about 10x the lot size and only pay about 1/3 of the taxes. The Chicagoland area is ruining the whole state.

ThomR
11-08-2018, 10:50 PM
We are moving to Nevada tomorrow. If you really don't like Illinois anymore you might as well get out and live somewhere you can enjoy.
One of my friends is planning on moving out of this state too.
Where I'm from in Illinois, the jobs are leaving and rent is going up. One of the best paying jobs in the area shut down and moved to Kentucky last year.

Thundarstick
11-09-2018, 08:40 AM
When other members of CB who live in IL explained the way the districts are drawn up there, it's obvious what the election results would be there. Districts all over the country should go back to following county lines and we'd see some of these shananagians end! When you've got votes from Ohio river counties being diluted with votes from Chicago??
The problem for us (South), is having our votes diluted with newcomers who bring the same philosophy here, that put where they are leaving in the **** hole!

Wis Tom
11-09-2018, 10:38 AM
Well you won't be able to look north anymore. Walker got beat by the Super Att. of schools, Evers, and all the public unions are overjoyed. More money for them, repelling Act 10, unlimited funds for schools, and taxes on everything. Sad.

jmort
11-09-2018, 11:11 AM
I fear for the members going out of the frying pan and into the fire. Some of the "new" states mentioned are blue and going to get bright blue in short order.
My only advice for people is to consider the Ozarks.

Grmps
11-09-2018, 12:24 PM
If I lived in Calif or Ill. I'd look into getting signed up with that firearm legal group I heard of. You get arrested/have a legal issue with a firearm and 1 call they are there.

Maybe another member will remember their name/contact.

DCP
11-09-2018, 12:38 PM
if i lived in calif or ill. I'd look into getting signed up with that firearm legal group i heard of. You get arrested/have a legal issue with a firearm and 1 call they are there.

Maybe another member will remember their name/contact.

uscca

mjwcaster
11-12-2018, 03:42 PM
Tennessee is high on our escape route.
My partner just bought a house outside of Nashville, I am leaning towards Knoxville.
Was planning on possibly staying a few more years, the mother in law still lives here and my folks play snowbird, here during the summer and our daughter still has 5 years left before graduating high school.
Only reason we moved back up north was to be by family after our daughter was born. I grew up 700 miles away from my grandparents and would have loved to spent more time with them. But a few years after we moved back my folks bought a house in Florida.

But after this last election we are thinking of moving up our escape plans.

There is definitely no future here, just a matter of how long before it comes crashing down.
And I don’t want to be the last one left.

There is nobody I talk too that wants to stay in this state. It is sad because we all grew up here but feel like we are forced to move out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kmw1954
11-13-2018, 12:18 PM
Yes Wisconsin is falling! Looking at the election map I see out county of Kenosha which has been purple this election has been deep blue. Last election our county overwhelmingly vote for Scott Walker, this election he lost by 2/3. Kenosha county is the Eastern most county on the Illinois border. Though we were able to retain Paul Ryan's seat.

It just amazes me that they mysteriously keep finding all these uncounted ballots!

kmw1954
11-13-2018, 02:02 PM
Just ran across this for all you fine people living in Illinois. Just take a look at what you New Governor is doing!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/realestate/pritkzers-purchase-dollar121-million-equestrian-estate-in-florida/ar-BBPD2GI?ocid=iehp

Thundarstick
11-13-2018, 06:31 PM
Anyone living in Illinois who wants to see what's coming? Just take a drive down to Cairo and have a look around!

Wally
11-13-2018, 06:51 PM
Anyone living in Illinois who wants to see what's coming? Just take a drive down to Cairo and have a look around!

I've been there....property values are very low, a great area to invest in some prime real estate.

kmw1954
11-13-2018, 08:53 PM
I hear the stories of people fleeing California to places like the North and Texas and Colorado and then I see how those places voted this past election and I just pray they don't come here! We do not have the same values.

snowwolfe
11-14-2018, 07:01 PM
Life is about choices. Moving is not as difficult as it seems. We disliked Colorado so much it encouraged us to find a new home in Tennessee. Not only is it a very gun friendly state but taxes are so low few would believe me.
Love where you live or move to where you will.

shaper
11-17-2018, 09:14 AM
Still more room here in Georgia. As for taxes, we have a 10 acre farm. A big barn to cast in , see deer every day, 3000 sq ft house and tax is $350 per year. I can shoot about any direction and a neighbor will come and join me with his rifle. state and county is Rep.We may may get a dusting of snow about twice a year but it is gone next day. No complaints here
There is a house for sale down the road.

JBinMN
11-17-2018, 09:59 AM
Minnesota is a "failed" state.

Do not even think about it... Look elsewhere is "my" advice...

I would move, but I am pretty much stuck here now.
Bums me out...

G'Luck in escaping Illinois...

Had to edit to remove the accurate description of how MN became a cesspool & getting worse... to avoid "political comment".

woodbutcher
11-17-2018, 05:49 PM
:sad: RE:Chicago.My Father gave up on wanting to live in that town when he had to live there for about 4 months when he was doing chauffer work after the war(WW1 that is)during prohibition.Chi town was nasty and dirty even then,and the politians even worse.He was only about 2 blocks away from the garage where the St.Valentines Day Massacre took place when it happened.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo

BLASTER62
11-18-2018, 10:23 PM
Heard That!!! In Arizona we are getting people from all the s--Holes north & south Now from south of Mexico!!! Don't know how we pay for this stuff.