PDA

View Full Version : Green Mountain barrel parts for Thompson Center Renegade needed

Buzzard II
11-06-2018, 12:14 PM
I bought a Green Mountain .58 caliber barrel for a Thompson Center Renegade on line. It only came with breech plug installed. I need all the other parts for it, under rib, under wedge, under rib screws, thimbles, thimble screws, clean out plug, size of nipple, sights and ram rod. Green Mountain couldn't help. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Bob

arcticap
11-06-2018, 02:02 PM
For some of these parts, you can probably use generic replacements available from some of the major parts suppliers like Track of the Wolf, Log Cabin Shop or Cain's Outdoor.

Gunbroker may have some parts for sale too. You need to keep searching and/or make phone calls to suppliers for help & see what generic or TC stock they might have that will work.
Machine screws may be able to be matched up at a hardware store for the clean out screw, or do a specific search for one on eBay, or try a vendor.

I only did a generic search for Renegade Barrel Parts and for Thompson Center Thimbles. There's more specific parts searches that can be done.

Are the thimbles attached by the under rib screws? How many thimbles do you need?

Bob Hoyt makes drop in barrels for TC guns. He just made a .58 for someone on another forum.
Maybe he gets generic parts from somewhere. Perhaps a friendly phone call to him would help.

BTW, Hoyt's .58 barrel shoots really great.

Buzzard II
11-07-2018, 10:21 AM
Arcticap,
Great sources and suggestions. I like the .58 and will stay on the search for parts. Thanks very much!
Bob

Geezer in NH
11-07-2018, 06:27 PM
Check your PM's

Buzzard II
11-08-2018, 09:11 PM
Thanks Geezer in NH !!!!!!!
Bob