PDA

View Full Version : Hunter Killer movie

rockrat
11-04-2018, 05:42 PM
Saw the movie this week with Gerard Butler being the commander of the USS Arkansas, and his foray into the Barents Sea.

Pretty good movie I thought

Wife went with me just because of GB but she also enjoyed the movie.

Might have to get a copy of it when it comes out.

TheGrimReaper
11-05-2018, 01:40 PM
It really looks good. Been needing a good action flick.

DocSavage
11-05-2018, 03:11 PM
Went to see it last week liked it for what it is good old fashion U.S against rogue Russian general.

edp2k
11-05-2018, 07:58 PM
Good movie. Worth the ticket price.
Can't say that about many movies released in the past few years.

popper
11-06-2018, 12:53 PM
Can't be shown in Russia.

RU shooter
11-06-2018, 04:53 PM
Sorta Like a hunt for Red October 2.0 planning on seeing it this weekend . I've often wondered why there's never any military action movies that has China in the part of the boogieman ? Their communist (like Russia is /was ) have nukes like Russia , huge military like Russia . Seems like the perfect text book enemy ???

Texas by God
11-06-2018, 07:06 PM
Sorta Like a hunt for Red October 2.0 planning on seeing it this weekend . I've often wondered why there's never any military action movies that has China in the part of the boogieman ? Their communist (like Russia is /was ) have nukes like Russia , huge military like Russia . Seems like the perfect text book enemy ???Because China owns our debt?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

RU shooter
11-06-2018, 08:11 PM
Because China owns our debt?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Possibly ? But when has Hollywood ever cared who they offended . Maybe they know something we don't and mocking the "landlord" ain't a smart move ?

sparky45
11-06-2018, 08:17 PM
China doesn't "own" that much of the debt.

edp2k
11-12-2018, 12:13 AM
Follow the money.

Russia's population:144 million
China's population: 1.386 Billion

So china has about 1000x the population, which means potentially1000x the market (sales).
Hollywood is driven by money, 1000x bigger market means 1000x bigger sales.

Char-Gar
11-12-2018, 12:56 PM
Hollywood's favorite enemy now days, are big greedy corporations that are destroying the planet and screwing over the little.

dragon813gt
11-12-2018, 01:59 PM
Because China owns our debt?
No, it’s because China finances movies. Pay attention to the credits before the movie. They tell you who paid for it. A lot of blockbuster films have China tourism ads in them.

MT Gianni
11-12-2018, 06:03 PM
Hollywood's favorite enemy now days, are big greedy corporations that are destroying the planet and screwing over the little.
+1
While Hollywood is a greedy corporation screwing over everybody they can. My favorite was Avitar which touted the evils of mining. Hollywood could neither film nor show in theaters without coal fired electricity, plastic from oil, and metal ores all of which were mined. In the Rockford files, James Garner held out for a share of the profits. He claimed that after the show had ended and 5 years of syndication it had yet to show a profit. Just another case of Hollywood accounting.
I do love the Star Wars series about how small folks with unregulated weapons are able to over throw an evil, selfserving government. The irony of that is full of humor as they are so against that in the real world.