PDA

View Full Version : More bad news

abunaitoo
10-29-2018, 05:59 AM
It never stops.
Just found out today, that another friend is in the hospital.
He has diabetes.
His small toe got infected, and they had to cut it off.
Now he's fighting more infection in the ICU.

tazman
10-29-2018, 06:57 AM
Life continues to go on regardless of our wishes. Every year there are fewer of my old friends and acquaintances still around and more of them getting injured or infirm.
I am heading in that direction myself and am not looking forward to the experience. I do what I can to slow the process but there is only so much you can do.

Hossfly
10-29-2018, 08:41 AM
Sad to see old friends suffer, that’s the way life is tho. I’ve been healthy so far and so has my wife, into retirement so far, just hope and pray it continues. Eat healthy and continue to pray for good health.

Freightman
10-30-2018, 01:58 PM
Me and another driver who started and worked with us some 25+ and we were shocked him and I are the only ones still above the ground.It is sad when you know more at the cemetery than anywhere , but life happens.

tinsnips
10-30-2018, 02:50 PM
In last 2 months I have had 3 friends have heart attacks [including my best friend ]. On of them did not make it sure makes you think about life.

abunaitoo
10-30-2018, 11:32 PM
His cousin went to visit him.
Had to put on a clean suit and a mask.
He said he's doing OK. In good spirits.
Said to say thanks to everyone.
No telling how much longer he'll be there.
I'm thinking until he heals.

lefty o
10-30-2018, 11:39 PM
could come out good, could be a short battle. diabetes especially when not taken seriously tends to win quickly. had a friend die this march form it, after several years of getting toes, etc cut off, and numerous other problems. he'd be pretty good for months, then the next major battle.

EDG
10-31-2018, 12:37 AM
If all us old guy drag every story of grief and misfortune in here there would be nothing but sad stories about total strangers. I only seek to share the good parts of life when I can.

abunaitoo
11-02-2018, 08:07 PM
Older I get, the more bad things seem to happen.
Maybe it's just that I know more people now.
Haven't had any good news lately.
Wish I did.
Good thing is, I'm still able to hear the bad news.