PDA

View Full Version : What a year!

nagantguy
10-26-2018, 02:45 PM
So I’m his list just sounds like life and it is just coming at full speed with seemingly little
respite between emergency, disaster and great joy.

In a few minutes we will be heading to my favorite uncles funeral; he was 69. A large man and a good man. More on him in our chapel soon.
Last November my brother contracted that mysterious illness I’ve posted about here; lost about 100 pounds in agonizing pain , doctors completely baffled. We were so afraid we would lose him because his digestive system all but stopped working! No answers no diagnosis; he has been pain free for 33 days and gaining weight and eating/ expelling waste normally!!!!
Grandpa had hip and heart surgery
My dad had both knees replaced
With him and my brother down the family business was squarely on my shoulders and almost a year of 60-70 hour weeks has worn me down some.
But that doesn’t matter because on October 5th our son was born!!!!!
The baby doctors told my wife she’d never have!
My sisters son was born 2 days before ours and my cousins son was born 5 days before that!!!
Stand by for part 2 baby needs attention!��

falmike
10-26-2018, 08:01 PM
Life, YOU are living it!

nagantguy
10-26-2018, 09:52 PM
I got hit by a very old man that ran a stop sign and totaled the truck; so on top of getting a house ready for a baby and turning anoffice into a bedroom and doing a laundry room and bathroom remodel had to buy a new vehicle.
On the first of this month my mother retired after 25 years of working at the same place!
My wife’s closest cousin had her first baby.
My wife and her father made big steps in healing a mile wide rift in there “complicated” relationship.
I’m an election coordinator volunteer for the NRA this year again; lots of extra time this year.
My dear and old friends daughter was murdered this year.

This wasn’t a complaint or bragging thread just a vent/ get it off my chest kinda year end almost sigh of relief!

Handloader109
10-26-2018, 10:03 PM
Some years can be very challenging. Good news hopefully outweighs the bad. My daughter whom we decided would never happen was 27 this year. Enjoy your child

fatelk
10-26-2018, 10:36 PM
Congratulations on the new addition to the family! Babies are so much work, and the sleepless nights and diapers seem never ending, but then all of a sudden that part of your life is past, and they're asking for money or car keys. :)

Sorry to hear about your uncle and other difficulties. That's no fun. Sometimes it's just one thing after another. It sounds like you're the type of guy to buckle down and work through it. It's weird how life is that way. I totally understand the need to vent once in a while.

This year has been a doozy of a disaster for us, one thing after another after another. I'm scared to ask "what next?" because just when things can't get worse, they do. I won't go into details other than to say I know how you feel...

nagantguy
10-27-2018, 06:47 PM
The good out weighs the bad by tons; and I know I’m not unique or special in having life give you both barrels at once. We all stepped up and worked hard and got things done!
Late this winter we will take a long much needed vacation to someplace warm!

WRideout
10-27-2018, 07:00 PM
I have been a member of the disaster of the week club. At one time, it seemed as if everyone I knew was dying. I was away from my family for that year, and facing a lot of financial difficulties. It does get better. God will be with you.

Wayne

clintsfolly
10-28-2018, 09:18 PM
Yes a very strange year this spring my got very sick and we didn’t know for a few day if she was goig to survive. Thankfully she pulled thru and is doing great! My son,DIL and granddaughter moved to 12 hrs away for his dream job that turn into the job from heck. His boss changed him mind about giving over some responsibilities and would change things on him. The guy just below him thought the job should have been his and did everything in his power to disrupt thing. My boss was fired late spring for having to much seniority.( made to much money). He was replaced by 6 corporate people and they had no idea what to do and it took them 6 month to find a replacement. The new boss is very good at being just below average at her job. But the great things that have keep me going are the wife getting better,the son got a better job and the granddaughter is growing like a weed( thank God for the internet so we can see and talk with her and her folks. We got to do a Family vacation to Yellowstone.A Week travel time and a week there! At work we are training the new boss and she is getting with the program.

nagantguy
10-31-2018, 11:49 AM
Yes a very strange year this spring my got very sick and we didn’t know for a few day if she was goig to survive. Thankfully she pulled thru and is doing great! My son,DIL and granddaughter moved to 12 hrs away for his dream job that turn into the job from heck. His boss changed him mind about giving over some responsibilities and would change things on him. The guy just below him thought the job should have been his and did everything in his power to disrupt thing. My boss was fired late spring for having to much seniority.( made to much money). He was replaced by 6 corporate people and they had no idea what to do and it took them 6 month to find a replacement. The new boss is very good at being just below average at her job. But the great things that have keep me going are the wife getting better,the son got a better job and the granddaughter is growing like a weed( thank God for the internet so we can see and talk with her and her folks. We got to do a Family vacation to Yellowstone.A Week travel time and a week there! At work we are training the new boss and she is getting with the program.

Hello old friend! Glad all is well; good hear your son landed on his feet when the dream job wasn’t a dream. Very glad to hear your wife is doing much better!