PDA

View Full Version : WTS: Miscellaneous Weaver, Redfield, Browning, Savage

PBSmith
10-23-2018, 11:26 AM
1. Browning Superposed Shotgun Buttplate (plastic, bakelite ??) Some chips in toe and heel. Overall length = 5-1/8”. Hole spacing = 3-1/4”. No screws. Price: $10 shipped in the USA.

2.. Integral scope bases and rings. Each of the two bases has four holes, spaced to fit receiver hole spacing of 1/2”, 5/8”, or 7/8”. These were manufactured for the Savage Model 170 rifle, but look like they should fit a variety of rifles having a slightly rounded or flat-top receiver. Includes screws. Package never opened. Price: $15, shipped in the USA.

3. Bottom half of Redfield International Match receiver sight. Its back side has a 1/4” x 5/16” groove that would mount to a base attached to the rifle's receiver. There are two vertical holes (spaced 7/8”) in the front half of the base that contain fillers. I don't know if these are original or not. I'd guess not. No elevation plate or screws. Price: $8 shipped in the USA.

4. Knurled steel device that looks to me like a false muzzle. There are no pins, however, and the 0.454” center hole is not rifled. If it is a false muzzle, it was made to slip over a barrel whose ID would measure about 0.85” diameter, which is the inside diameter of a ½-inch-deep recess turned into one end. The other end is flat or squared. Outside diameter measures about 1.23”. Price: $10 shipped in the USA.

5. Weaver Model 849982 Classic T-Series Sun Shade. Matt black. I don't believe this shade has the same threads as the El Paso T-scopes. It most likely fits the current or latest T scopes from Weaver. In its original box, as new, 4” long, OD about 2.05”, thread OD about 1.92”. Price: $16 shipped in the US.

6. Weaver Pivot Mount Base #162 for Remington 740, 742, 760. Old stock: does not appear to have been used. Original package. I can probably come up with the screws. Shipped $8.

7. Weaver Top Mount Base #62 for Remington 740, 743, 760. Old stock: does not appear to have been used. Original package with screws. Shipped $8.

Hope my descriptions are comprehensible. Feel free to ask questions.

MOA
10-23-2018, 11:51 AM
PBSmith,
Will the 4" Weaver sun shade fit my 1991 Weaver T-15 scope, its either a T-15 or T-16. But I did order it new in 1991.

PBSmith
10-23-2018, 12:12 PM
PBSmith,
Will the 4" Weaver sun shade fit my 1991 Weaver T-15 scope, its either a T-15 or T-16. But I did order it new in 1991.

Probably not if your scope was made in El Paso. An online article by NRA says Omark took over the original El Paso Weaver in 1988, but in 1991 you might have purchased "new old stock" that was made in El Paso. If not - if the scope was produced by Omark Industries - it may well have the same thread size as my sun shade. If you still have the original packaging for your scope, see if the paper says where the scope was made. We need to do a thread size measurement to confirm this.

MOA
10-23-2018, 04:32 PM
I will look, but thats a tall order to find box now 27 yrs and 7 moves later. I remember i got it from Cabela's along with binok's and a spoting scope for a elk hunt in utah. I know it has the A. O. on the front objective lens housing.

PBSmith
10-23-2018, 08:28 PM
I will look, but thats a tall order to find box now 27 yrs and 7 moves later. I remember i got it from Cabela's along with binok's and a spoting scope for a elk hunt in utah. I know it has the A. O. on the front objective lens housing.

If it's an El Paso, I believe it will be marked "Micro-Trac" at the base of the turret, left side. Also, on the rear of the tube at the top it will probably be marked, "T-15 USA."

But without looking at the old Weaver literature, I have no idea what the diameter of your objective is. You could measure the ID at the threads, being careful not to damage them with your caliper.

Finally, I believe all of the El Paso scopes had steel tubes. If yours is aluminum, I'd guess it's from Omark (or later??).

MOA
10-23-2018, 11:09 PM
I'll get a look at it tomorrow. Will let you know. Thx.

MOA
10-24-2018, 08:46 AM
PB, ok underside of tube on ocular end has 15x42 japan. CJK15 is on the objective end along with micro trac. This scopes finish is a gloss black and I can see NO threads at all on the inside lip of the objective lens housing, so I don't think this will work unless I'm missing something here.

MOA
10-24-2018, 07:00 PM
Got an email from Weaver today, the CKT15 I have never was designed for a sun shade. Hopefully the sun shade will be perfect for another shooter.

PBSmith
10-24-2018, 07:31 PM
Mystery to me. The original packaging on my shade reads, "Weaver Model 849982 T-Series Sun Shade, Matte Black, Made in Japan." I'll drop a line to Weave and see what they say. Sorry to put you to this inconvenience.

Edit: I just looked at Weaver's website. The current T-Series is referred to as "Classic" and comes with a sun shade. Apparently what you've got is a version somewhere between El Paso and the latest.

too many things
10-24-2018, 07:53 PM
the item 4 looks like the stuck case part of a kit

PBSmith
10-24-2018, 08:09 PM
the item 4 looks like the stuck case part of a kit

Could be??

A moderator here thought it might be part of a de-prime punch kit. The center hole is too large for that unless a person is knocking out 45-70 cases.
The thing came from the estate of a serious muzzle shooter, so I am inclined to think it's related to that field in one way or another.

Thanks.

MOA
10-25-2018, 04:27 AM
The reply from Weaver. Huh, just my luck to have the model that no shade is available for. Must have bad luck......... the same reason my lotto ticket didn't have the right numbers to win too. Lol

PBSmith
10-25-2018, 08:13 AM
MOA:
Shooters have fashioned their own sunshade for a scope. One option - take the back of a tablet and cut to fit a wrap around piece, spray paint it flat black, tape to scope. Looks tacky but it works, at least for bench shooting.

After you see the cost of a new Weaver T-number, you might be glad to have purchased when you did!

Shoot on.

MOA
10-25-2018, 10:20 AM
MOA:
Shooters have fashioned their own sunshade for a scope. One option - take the back of a tablet and cut to fit a wrap around piece, spray paint it flat black, tape to scope. Looks tacky but it works, at least for bench shooting.

After you see the cost of a new Weaver T-number, you might be glad to have purchased when you did!

Shoot on.

Ha, ha. Your probably right. I'm sure they are more expensive now.

PBSmith
10-26-2018, 02:29 PM
bump to top

PBSmith
10-31-2018, 10:51 AM
items still available