PDA

View Full Version : Capitol One Hack- New Cabela's card

edler7
10-17-2018, 08:46 PM
I finally got around to updating my Cabela's club stuff since they are going from Visa to Capitol One. I did the Capitol One registration, and found a charge for over $500 to a bed and breakfast in California on the new Cabela's card I don't even have yet. I immediately disputed it and called Capitol One.

They informed me they have had a large hack on cardholder information. I haven't seen anything about it on the news, but apparently it has happened.

They were very helpful in removing the charge, and informed me that there had been another 2 attempts in the same city on my card for over $700, but those had been declined.

If you have a Capitol One card of any kind, or a Cabela's Club Visa...keep a sharp eye on recent charges.

tctender
10-17-2018, 09:26 PM
i have one and it has been attempted at least three times that i have had to change my number. It is the regular card not cabelas.

LUBEDUDE
10-18-2018, 03:56 AM
About 1.5 - 2 yrs ago my Capital One card info was used for purchases by someone else. Cap 1 was very responsive and understanding. They immediately dropped the charges and had me a new card within a few days.

Riverpigusmc
10-18-2018, 06:56 AM
I set my Capitol One card to send me an email on any purchase over 1 dollar

edler7
10-18-2018, 12:22 PM
I set my Capitol One card to send me an email on any purchase over 1 dollar

I set mine to notify me on any purchase.

abunaitoo
10-20-2018, 03:34 PM
From what I've read on the net, capitol one is as antigun as citi.
Kind of wonder why cabelas went with them.

jonp
10-20-2018, 04:03 PM
Wife has tried to switch and is still waiting for a new card. Thanks for the info, she is going to check the account now and most likely will just cancel the whole card after getting the $50 in points off of it

edler7
10-21-2018, 06:17 PM
The wife got a card the same time I did, hers was untouched. I hope she continues to check it frequently.

chambers
11-06-2018, 10:13 PM
Well today new Cabelas cards showed up and immediately the fraud alert notified us after calling in to activate card about an hour later, California with charges of $ 500.00. Called them and said this never happens but they canceled the cards, took charges off, now have to wait 3 days for new cards