PDA

View Full Version : Cool breezes...

Echo
10-17-2018, 05:17 PM
...are sure playing Hobb with my casting, especially with Lee Al molds. I remember seeing an ad in a modeling magazine several years ago for a ceramic paint to shield your engine or whatever from losing/gaining heat. Nobody I've talked to knows anything about such paint, and I also thought about Ceracoat, wondering if that would work. Who has engaged this problem successfully? As a shrink I know would say, Tell Me More...

tazman
10-17-2018, 08:45 PM
Do a google search for "insulating ceramic paint". You can even get reviews to look at.
Lots of stuff out there apparently. Most I saw was expensive.

Wayne Smith
10-18-2018, 09:59 AM
Tell me more ... especially about your setup. Why not a simple wind block? Partial wall? All depends on what your physical setup is.

CraigOK
10-18-2018, 10:28 AM
Is it possible that an insulation could solve your problem?

Echo
10-19-2018, 06:25 PM
Do a google search for "insulating ceramic paint". You can even get reviews to look at.
Lots of stuff out there apparently. Most I saw was expensive.

Did - expensive, and in large quantities - and I don't think any I saw would suit me. Thanks for the hint...

lightman
10-20-2018, 10:40 AM
I never paid much attention to the temperature when casting but last winter I smelted several thousand pounds of wheel weights and notices slower melt times. It made for a more comfortable day around the lead pot though!