PDA

View Full Version : What are these, Orbs?

Down South
10-14-2018, 02:54 PM
I've had some of this video from one of my security cams stashed on my hard drive for maybe better than a year. I didn't actually know I was catching these weird lights or whatever they are, until I finally saw one of them on a camera recording and started going back through the camera history which doesn't go back that far, maybe 3 months? so I started looking more for them and I'd catch another often. I had many more but got tired of downloading and saving them.

I only catch these when I'm away from home and the house is empty. Since I've moved back home for good, I don't catch them on camera them any more.

Now, The deck this camera is overlooking is 4' off the ground. The road in front of my house is about 100 yds away. This deck is on the rear of my house and there is no possible way a light from the road could hit many of the spots seen in the videos.
No one could stand on the ground by the deck and shine a light on the deck without being on a step ladder without seeing shadows of the railing. The house on that side of me is empty most of the time, camp use only.

Can only load 5 Videos at a time. I'll reply with 5 more after I post this

So, Take your guess, What is it?

https://youtu.be/dShjOcHayuI

https://youtu.be/L0ipY1RM_TM

https://youtu.be/XZc6G55FqnY

https://youtu.be/qwjHrLd8uaE

https://youtu.be/nZzagQny0Ks

Down South
10-14-2018, 02:54 PM
The other five.

https://youtu.be/BaMAkSmQTzo

https://youtu.be/-fUJKdm98tE

https://youtu.be/3ptGQP4cdME

https://youtu.be/C0Fob2IHeFs

https://youtu.be/lEwsyHtXjKE

Omega
10-14-2018, 02:59 PM
Looks like it may be a bug, out of focus. Mine attract wasps like crazy, but they are usually in focus.

Ramson222
10-14-2018, 03:28 PM
Laser pointer maybe.

Hickory
10-14-2018, 03:32 PM
It's the ghost of a democrat voter looking for an undecided host.

Thundarstick
10-14-2018, 04:14 PM
A spider

Down South
10-14-2018, 05:00 PM
A spider

There are a few spider webs being picked up, pesky spiders. Are you watching the full video? Sometimes the light or whatever it is doesn't come up until closer to the end.
It's not a bug or bugs either. I have four cameras outside and I have plenty experience with recorded insects at night.

Whatever this is, is triggering this one camera. I also have a camera on the side of the house looking in the direction a light would be shown from and Zilch.
The videos are over a period of six months or more.

Dusty Bannister
10-14-2018, 05:10 PM
Some of the videos show what might be dust particles blowing past the camera which seems to have IR illumination. Those show up as small white spots which appear to travel very rapidly past the camera. Could be dust, sometimes rain mist, or from a sprinkler system. The slow moving objects appear to be floating on the breeze so it would help to say what time of year those images were recorded. Plant pollen perhaps, just floating by with the breeze. Sorry, nothing spooky about that.

Went2kck
10-14-2018, 05:13 PM
Any dead relatives? Just asking. Looks like they are visiting

Hogtamer
10-14-2018, 05:14 PM
flashlight beams and it's not even April 1 yet!

Down South
10-14-2018, 05:37 PM
Any dead relatives? Just asking. Looks like they are visiting

Well, one died in the house but I doubt it is him.

Some of the videos show what might be dust particles blowing past the camera which seems to have IR illumination. Those show up as small white spots which appear to travel very rapidly past the camera. Could be dust, sometimes rain mist, or from a sprinkler system. The slow moving objects appear to be floating on the breeze so it would help to say what time of year those images were recorded. Plant pollen perhaps, just floating by with the breeze. Sorry, nothing spooky about that.
No dust, no mist, the camera is mounted well out of the weather. Plant pollen, I doubt to form a perfect circle like that. The images were recorded of a period of at least 8 months. As I said in the OP, I had at least twice this many of these but got tired of downloading them.

redhawk0
10-14-2018, 05:40 PM
Is there a body of water near by...maybe a light reflecting off water and into the room?

Full moon for April was the 29th...but I can't explain why it would move that fast per video.

Is it only on this day...or is it a regular occurrence? If its regular...I suggest you actually stay in that room for a period of time and investigate it live.

redhawk

Down South
10-14-2018, 05:44 PM
Is there a body of water near by...maybe a light reflecting off water and into the room?

Full moon for April was the 29th...but I can't explain why it would move that fast per video.

Is it only on this day...or is it a regular occurrence? If its regular...I suggest you actually stay in that room for a period of time and investigate it live.

redhawk

I live on a lake. But there is no way a light could reflect down on my deck. It's not regular anymore since I moved back home. These only occurred when the wife and I were away at our place in Houston.

wv109323
10-14-2018, 05:58 PM
I think it is some type of insect on the lense. The lense can not focus so it appears as round .Do you leave an outside light on while you are away?

Johnch
10-14-2018, 06:24 PM
You say you live by a lake ...no sure if it happens by you or over your type of lake ( Just a guess )
But I have seen White and sometimes slightly glowing white "Balls" over and close to several ponds and marsh areas

It only can be seen on calm or almost calm nights , it happens in the day time also but can not be seen
What I have seen is methane gas that has been formed by stuff rotting under water and escaping to the surface and it forms balls

The methane "Balls" sort of float along and move in what ever direction a slight wind pushes them

Most of the time they float 3 - 5' off the water or land ... but sometimes 20' off the ground
The "Balls" float along and then sort of break up
Not sure what holds the methane in the balls
Look up "swamp gas" and you should find pictures

I see them as I am night fishing or frog hunting
Never in cold weather , mostly late spring to early fall

John

Daveco
10-14-2018, 06:33 PM
What's strange to me is that it really looks like the areas under the spots are illuminated just like someone is shining a focused flashlight beam on them as the spots move around over the furniture or the floor/ceiling??? Are the other cameras in similar locations as far as being under a roof, or facing in the same direction? What about any commonalities between occurrences like times or durations?

jonp
10-14-2018, 07:36 PM
Laser sight. The larger spot is a reflection on glass or it's being shot partially through glass. You can see the actual laser under the large circle towards the end of the film

Down South
10-14-2018, 07:46 PM
What's strange to me is that it really looks like the areas under the spots are illuminated just like someone is shining a focused flashlight beam on them as the spots move around over the furniture or the floor/ceiling??? Are the other cameras in similar locations as far as being under a roof, or facing in the same direction? What about any commonalities between occurrences like times or durations?
You be correct, Through the spots appears to be illuminated. Yes, I have three other cameras under roof and I don't see any of this on them and they are in close proximity. Not looking the same direction, I wouldn't need that. I have one looking the opposite direction about 10' away.
I have studied these videos time and time and time again. I've probably reviewed every one of them at least 20 times. There is no possible way someone could shine a light like this unless they were on a step ladder just outside my patio.
Plus, there is an evergreen tree right beside the patio on that end 12' tall that they would have to get around to shine a light.

Down South
10-14-2018, 08:16 PM
This is what that end of the patio looks like looking from the opposite direction. Tell me how a light gets to all the places on my deck, ceiling, and wall.

Thundarstick
10-14-2018, 09:00 PM
Ok, I'm still betting critter of some kind crawling across the lenses. This camera picks it up because of some anomaly not present to the other two, just like I have pictures I took of the low evening son reflecting of a million spider webs so that the whole field looks like a silver lake, from a different angle it's just grass. I suspect The same thing is going on with the others, they just don't record it. The one thing I noticed in you pictures is that wind chime under the camera. Does it have any thing stray light can reflect off of, or be refracted through? Can you post some clips from about the same to when you are home vs these?

fatelk
10-14-2018, 09:06 PM
I assume your cameras have infrared LEDs for night vision? It sure looks to me like a reflection of some kind on the lens, IR light reflecting off a tiny bug, gnat, or piece of dust.

That's just what it looks like to me, but I've been known to be wrong.

Otherwise maybe:

xs11jack
10-14-2018, 09:07 PM
While I don't have a answer, I noticed that the large, faint, round balls always come up from the left or center and leave up and to the right. Don't think they would be methane balls with the uniformity of movement. Methane would move with the wind direction as John said, but these don't, they seem to follow the same track. If there were a airport nearby, that might cause aircraft to shine their landing lights in a sort of uniform movement. Thats all I got.
Ole Jack

Traffer
10-14-2018, 09:22 PM
It's hard to tell because the flashlight beam does not stay in one place it keeps moving. Have you tried to hold the flashlight more steady?
:bigsmyl2:

Thundarstick
10-14-2018, 09:24 PM
In a few IT seems to just bebop rite across the FOV, then IT seems to come to the edge of the lenses, think about what direction to go, and then move on.

Down South
10-14-2018, 09:46 PM
The one thing I noticed in you pictures is that wind chime under the camera. Does it have any thing stray light can reflect off of, or be refracted through? Can you post some clips from about the same to when you are home vs these?
Yup, Thought about the wind chime about 6 months ago. Tried to make it reflect light, tried to make it duplicate with lights off and camera on, no luck.

Down South
10-14-2018, 09:49 PM
While I don't have a answer, I noticed that the large, faint, round balls always come up from the left or center and leave up and to the right. Don't think they would be methane balls with the uniformity of movement. Methane would move with the wind direction as John said, but these don't, they seem to follow the same track. If there were a airport nearby, that might cause aircraft to shine their landing lights in a sort of uniform movement. Thats all I got.
Ole Jack

No airport within a hundred miles or so.

Down South
10-14-2018, 09:51 PM
It's hard to tell because the flashlight beam does not stay in one place it keeps moving. Have you tried to hold the flashlight more steady?
:bigsmyl2:
LOL, it's not me. The only time I catch these lights or whatever they are is when we are gone from home several days.

nvbirdman
10-14-2018, 11:35 PM
Try switching cameras around to make sure it's not a glitch in the camera.

Mr_Sheesh
10-15-2018, 02:50 AM
Could it be a multiple reflection / refraction inside the camera's optics maybe?

abunaitoo
10-15-2018, 04:14 AM
Sometimes......
It's better just not knowing.
There are a lots of things that, to this day, have no explanation.
There are also things we should not want to know.
No matter what they say, science cannot explain everything.

Down South
10-15-2018, 07:48 AM
Well, it seems that many of you have came up with the same ideas that I had plus several other ideas. None of which I can say, yes, that must be it...
Whatever it is, it doesn't bother me or scare me. I just wish that I could ID something. As I've said, since I've moved back home, whatever it is seems to be gone.

Mr_Sheesh
10-15-2018, 01:36 PM
When Down South is away, the Orbs will play?

OldBearHair
10-15-2018, 02:27 PM
You might call some of those people that have all that night equipment that go out in search of Bigfoot. They could probably give a hundred and fourteen reasons for those lights floating across your porch.

Walks
10-15-2018, 03:04 PM
It's either the evil SPIRIT of your mother-in-law's ghost.
Or swamp gas.

Or if she's still with us, just her evil SPIRIT hanging around.
Or swamp gas.

Then again it could be somebody taking AMBIEN, out for a stroll with a flashlight.
Or swamp gas.

lancem
10-15-2018, 07:52 PM
Very first video, look at the chairs at the 2-3 second mark, a circle of light crosses them seeming to follow the movement of the orb.

Down South
10-15-2018, 08:04 PM
When Down South is away, the Orbs will play?

I have enjoyed that comment. I got a good chuckle out of it.

redhawk0
10-16-2018, 06:30 AM
I think its from someone night fishing. Boats coming by with lights that are reflecting on the porch area. The majority of the orbs seem to go from left bottom to right top in the camera shot. A light from a boat coming along the lake might reflect off the water and cause the phenomenon you're seeing.

My guess is because of the first picture you of the porch you sent. It looks like you can see the lake off the corner of the porch in the distance.

redhawk

mattw
10-16-2018, 09:28 AM
Looks like a ghost... get your 15 minutes of fame on Ghost Hunters!!! :)

lightman
10-16-2018, 09:39 AM
We have mysterious things on game cameras sometimes that we can't explain. I also just recently changed the security system at my house and added a few cameras. I have the ability to access the cameras with my phone. One of them gets lots more bugs than the other one. It would be interesting to know the answers to all of this but it may never happen.

gwpercle
10-16-2018, 04:35 PM
Stay home , sit in a chair , and be very quite until they show up....
If they don't show up , then you know it's ALIENS !

jsizemore
10-16-2018, 04:57 PM
Blue Ghost Firefly. You can see them up close in post 2 in the first couple videos. The light from them gets funky when they get farther from the camera and invisible at distance. To your naked eye they are more visible. If this is in La. then you are at the western fringe of their range. They like warm moist climates.

Or it could be a neighbor messin' with you when ya'll are away or looking for the cat or kids smokin' cigarettes or........an alien invasion.

KenH
10-16-2018, 05:19 PM
artifacts - I've had them on my cameras, especially outside cameras under IR conditions. Artifacts are caused by "magical applications'. Never could explain them, but they just float across the FOV from time to time, and there have been times when I can see them on camera, but nothing I could see outside.

Traffer
10-16-2018, 07:42 PM
I would suggest NOT shooting them with a shotgun. Looks like you MAY have some problems with too deep of penetration.

Idaho45guy
10-16-2018, 11:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiRr5IH8NyU

Seems to be the sort of thing paranormal researchers attribute to spirits of some sort. Ones in the video look a bit like what you captured.