PDA

View Full Version : School bus stop trauma!!!

Remmy4477
10-03-2018, 09:45 AM
Talk about a rat race and race course all wrapped into one.

Took today off to burn up some vacation time.

Thought it would be nice givin my wife a break from running the boy to the school bus stop this morning.

Man I was wrong!

Was well beyond crazy up there! Everyones in a hurry or gots to be first! Cars and vans zig zagging here and there, Stop signs ignored, kids darting out in traffic with no care to the world, fast moving cars making sudden and without warning U-turns in front of you.
Speed limits 15mph, must have been extended to 60mph during bus hours, wow!

And this is a small town!!

Doesn't anyone get up early enough to make it on time without trying to kill someone or themselves in the process??

Noticed it was not so much the kids darting here and there as it was the parents and the way most of them was driving!

Just WOW! Way to fast paced for me!

My wifes getting a raise btw, No wonder she's always saying she wears the pants in the family! School bus stop duty, she can have it!

Reaffirms my belief in turning off the electricity for a year or two nation wide!

RED BEAR
10-03-2018, 09:54 AM
its not just at the bus stop it really scares me to drive across town anymore. people pull in front of you cut you off swerve in and out of traffic and all the while cuss you. all i can do is wave and say have a nice day. some get even mad over this i don't mean it sarcastically i hope they do have a better day it obviously isn't going well so far.

drizler
10-03-2018, 10:16 AM
Everybody’s got too many brands in the fire. Too much go go go and social media helps not a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gwpercle
10-03-2018, 03:47 PM
I've noticed when I see the traffic light down the road turn red....I take my foot off the gas and start slowing down but the car in the next lane speeds up and races towards the light so they can slam on the brakes . Are prizes given out for the first person to get to a red light ?
I don't understand why they charge the light !

Local politician proposed an ordinance that required if you were in a turn only lane , either right turn only or left turn only...you had to put your turn signal on... What...That is just totally unnecessary!
What is needed is a requirement that the person in the turn lane who decides he isn't going to turn but just go straight ahead forcing two cars off the road and causing a wreck as he drives off like he has good sense , signal his freaking intentions ! Shoot up a flare...I'm an idiot driver...look out !

smokeywolf
10-03-2018, 04:06 PM
Right with you there, g.w. That act all by itself is proof that the driver is too stupid to be permitted to vote or to reproduce. Father used to say, "That guy/gal must get their tires, gas and brakes for free."

wv109323
10-03-2018, 04:57 PM
People do not realize how little time they save or make up when in traffic. Driving at a constant pace is far better than cutting someone off and making them hit their brakes.

dragon813gt
10-03-2018, 05:18 PM
People do not realize how little time they save or make up when in traffic. Driving at a constant pace is far better than cutting someone off and making them hit their brakes.

You will never be able to convince most people that it’s quicker to stay in your lane. They don’t understand that they slow everyone down by switching lanes. Just like you can’t get most people zipper merge. Using both lanes to the merge point and then taking turns is the fastest way. Instead you have people blocking one lane a half mile before the merge so “no one can get there before they do”. All this does is slow everything down.

Surprisingly the one place where everyone takes their turn is leaving the toll booths in the NYC area. You can have up to eight lanes converging into one. Maybe it’s because there’s literally no place to go. But people actually take turns.

am44mag
10-03-2018, 05:40 PM
There are two types of people I really wish would go drive off a cliff. The type of person to block the LEFT lane on a highway by going slower than the ones in the right lane (many states are thankfully making that illegal), and the idiots who pull out onto a highway directly in front of you and then basically just sits there barely moving, forcing you to slam on the breaks. One of these days I'm not going to be able to stop and I'm going to hit one of these idiots and their little Chinese fiberglass hybrid is going to be like a bug on the front of my big old American steel pickup. :mad:

There should be an IQ test requirement for getting a license.

reloader28
10-03-2018, 10:23 PM
I'm all for turning off the power and letting the idiots thin themselves out. Even had this conversation with a friend that runs the power company here. Told him I would give him my paychecks for 2 months if he would leave the power off and get rid of some of these libtards moving here

Don Purcell
10-03-2018, 10:33 PM
Speaking of turning off the electricity, if you haven't read it get "One Second After". It's a novel about an E.M.P. attack on our country knocking out the power grid. Several think tanks have studied the effects the damage to our society. Every one of them came to the conclusion that in 12 months there would be a 90% die off. I don't doubt it.

45workhorse
10-03-2018, 10:35 PM
The "fast or hammer" lane has turned into check your text messages, or emails.[smilie=b:

Remmy4477
10-03-2018, 10:55 PM
Speaking of turning off the electricity, if you haven't read it get "One Second After". It's a novel about an E.M.P. attack on our country knocking out the power grid. Several think tanks have studied the effects the damage to our society. Every one of them came to the conclusion that in 12 months there would be a 90% die off. I don't doubt it.

Yea we loose power around here about twice a month, last time it was about 6 hrs.
Towards the end of it a lot of people were walking around asking if anyone had power, kind of in a panic mode.
Been telling a friend of mine for years, hunker down and flip the switch.

samari46
10-03-2018, 10:55 PM
Having spent over 50 years living,working and driving in NYC and then moving to Louisiana U have come to the following conclusions.
Turn signals are optional and you play a guessing game figuring out where they intend to go.
They expect you to stop while they suddenly pull out of a parking lot and block two lanes on the road
Stop signs are roadside decorations and meant for other people
Tail gating is a prime time sport with no hope of stopping in time
Pulling up on the left hand side of a two lane then swerving into the right cutting you off
Radio blasting so loud you can feel the vibrations in your house good 125 feet from the road
Would go on but you get the idea. Frank

NyFirefighter357
10-03-2018, 11:36 PM
Having spent over 50 years living,working and driving in NYC and then moving to Louisiana U have come to the following conclusions.
Turn signals are optional and you play a guessing game figuring out where they intend to go.
They expect you to stop while they suddenly pull out of a parking lot and block two lanes on the road
Stop signs are roadside decorations and meant for other people
Tail gating is a prime time sport with no hope of stopping in time
Pulling up on the left hand side of a two lane then swerving into the right cutting you off
Radio blasting so loud you can feel the vibrations in your house good 125 feet from the road
Would go on but you get the idea. Frank

I'd like to add to this....
If you use your turn signal they speed up to prevent you from getting in front of them.
If you stop at a right turn signal you may get rear ended, you may slow down but stopping isn't an option.
Horns start honking before the light turns green.
If your not going at least 20 miles over the speed limit during rush hour your blocking traffic and may get run off the road.
Stopping at red lights is optional.
The right lanes of a city streets are for standing, unloading or delivery, the no parking, no standing or blocking flow of traffic doesn't matter.
Moving to the right for emergency vehicles is optional, stopping on the right never happens.
When it snows all bets are off!

bob208
10-04-2018, 02:56 PM
when my father was teaching me to drive to not trust turn signals or the people that turn them on. I believe 80% of the drivers today could not pass a written test. they would be too busy looking up the answers on their phone.

RED BEAR
10-04-2018, 03:17 PM
now i am probably one of the ones people cuss about. when i get on highway i will get up to speed limit right away and i do stay in slow lane for the most part. but i refuse to go more than 5 mph over the speed limit. i have seen a lot of people go past cussing or what looks like it. i am willing to do 5 over but that is it . if 75 in slow lane ain't fast enough then tough. use one of the other 3.

Don Purcell
10-04-2018, 04:25 PM
RED BEAR, I'm with you. If the limit is 55 I set the cruise on 59, 65 set at 69 and so on. I have better things to spend my money on than a stupid speeding ticket.

JoeJames
10-04-2018, 04:58 PM
I've noticed when I see the traffic light down the road turn red....I take my foot off the gas and start slowing down but the car in the next lane speeds up and races towards the light so they can slam on the brakes . Are prizes given out for the first person to get to a red light ?
I don't understand why they charge the light !

Local politician proposed an ordinance that required if you were in a turn only lane , either right turn only or left turn only...you had to put your turn signal on... What...That is just totally unnecessary!
What is needed is a requirement that the person in the turn lane who decides he isn't going to turn but just go straight ahead forcing two cars off the road and causing a wreck as he drives off like he has good sense , signal his freaking intentions ! Shoot up a flare...I'm an idiot driver...look out !"Racing for the red light". I have thought to myself, "who do they think they are, London cabbies?" And who does pay for their brakes and tires?

gwpercle
10-04-2018, 05:09 PM
In 2003 when the North East had this massive power outage guess what skyrocketed 9 months later...
the birth of babies....turning the lights off just might just make the idiot population increase.

Down South
10-04-2018, 11:24 PM
LOL, try driving in Houston like I did for over 8 yrs. My nerves were shot by the time I got to work each morning. I'm so happy to be back in my rural farm community when I retired last Friday.

samari46
10-04-2018, 11:41 PM
NyFirefighter357,been tailgated once here in louisiana. She was checking her paycheck and rear ended me. Told me she was on her way to forklift school. I told her if she drives like that she won't be driving forklifts very long. Had to see a lawyer to get her to pay for damages. Down here it's a steep fine for blocking the lanes when fire trucks,ambulances pass. You are supposed to pull off the road when they come. Yeah right. darn near got broadsided cause some fool didn't pull over and he figured I was just making room for him. NYC was bad,especially when it snowed. I used the grand central pkwy and LIE and used to wonder at the IQ of some drivers. Called it driving in snow 101. I worked rotating shifts 24/7/365 and seen some horrible accidents all because some idiot didn't stop or think what he or she was doing. Frank

mold maker
10-05-2018, 12:20 PM
Most of those rocket jockeys think there "portant people". Along with loud mufflers, they are making sure you look to see who they are.
The ones that make my day are the little old blue-haired ladies that are looking through the steering wheel at half the speed limit. I realize they are likely driving because they have no choice. Young folks may survive long enough to get to the same position in life if they outlive the stupid actions of inexperience.
Funny how you know that no matter how big a hurry you're in, the first thing your gonna have to do is wait in line with all the rest that drove at break neck speed to get ther ahead of you.

redhawk0
10-05-2018, 12:40 PM
I live in New England...I've always been taught that using a turn signal is like giving ammo to the enemy....If you turn it on...you WILL be cut off by someone wanting to get around you for the same turn faster than you're going.

So yes....I'm a bit inconsistent in my use of them...I have to admit.

redhawk

KMac
10-05-2018, 01:21 PM
If you stop at a right turn signal you may get rear ended, you may slow down but stopping isn't an option.
Stopping at red lights is optional.

My wife slowed to a crawl and was still pulling up to a red light to make a right turn and a Jeep rear ended her going 50 mph.
This was a couple of weeks ago. Totaled her Audi and it was just by Gods grace that neither her nor my 16 year old son were injured or even killed.
He was on his phone we believe and never saw her slow down. My wife is feisty to put it mildly and gave him a earful when he came to check her.
Glad she was mad at someone other than me for a change.