PDA

View Full Version : A bus ride they will never forget

DCP
09-23-2018, 11:54 AM
I wonder if the driver was ever told to not let children drive. LOL

https://wgntv.com/2018/09/21/school-bus-driver-arrested-accused-of-allowing-children-to-drive-bus/

drizler
09-23-2018, 12:12 PM
I wonder if the driver was ever told to not let children drive. LOL

https://wgntv.com/2018/09/21/school-bus-driver-arrested-accused-of-allowing-children-to-drive-bus/

Not the brightest bulb on the tree you can imagine. I rather doubt they will go with a felony in the end though . It just wouldn’t serve anyone’s interests. Besides in this day and age she would have Sharpton, the NAACP and every other outfit making a media circus of it all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mr_Sheesh
09-24-2018, 03:20 AM
IDK how that's Felony Neglect of a Child. I'd go for Felony Stupidity, maybe that is the closest law they could find.

Wayne Smith
09-24-2018, 07:54 AM
I can't imagine how she thought an 11 year old would keep quiet. Boasting to friends is normal at that age.

Felony neglect of a child goes to all the other children on the bus, not just that one.

Mr_Sheesh
09-24-2018, 11:33 AM
Good points. I'm still liking "Felony Stupidity" though!

Johnch
09-24-2018, 02:28 PM
IMO Really not smart

I was a farm kid and drove the farm truck about 11
But those were not kids driving Dad's truck , with no one else with them

I agree with Felony Stupid , would be the right charge

John

mold maker
09-24-2018, 07:24 PM
When I was in HS all the buss drivers were students. I drove my junior and senior years. I also drove the activity buss for field trips and such. Now it's a requirement for teachers assistants.
I realize the driving conditions have changed, but we had a better safety record,and certainly wouldn't have pulled such a stunt.

Echo
09-25-2018, 01:04 AM
What the He}}? On a country road? Letting the kids drive? Great Zot - I would hire her in a heartbeat, for anything she thought she could do. Good for her, and Bad for the Bosses...

Flailguy
09-25-2018, 01:52 AM
Fine by me, as long as she is ready to take over, kids need experiences.

Wayne Smith
09-25-2018, 07:40 AM
Fortunately there is no "Felony Stupid" law. If there were we would all be guilty at one time or another!

Thundarstick
09-25-2018, 09:15 AM
I remember our bus driver taking us on a brand new 4 lane highway. He asked, "how would you all like to be the first bus load of kids down this new road?". Cheers erupted, he zig zagged around the barricades, and I was indeed on the first bus load of kids on that new highway! Nowadays he'd probably have been looking for a job after it got posted a hundred times on the net! Heck, the cops would have probably been waiting at the exit to arrest him!

Mal Paso
09-25-2018, 10:04 AM
Probably the only 3 kids to get Drivers Ed In The State!