PDA

View Full Version : more fed-ex shipping info

porthos
09-13-2018, 12:14 PM
after all of the responses about my trying to ship 2 boxes of ammo thru fed-ex; i called them. 45 minutes on the phone. a non liscensed (FFL) person CANNOT ship ammunition thru fed-ex. so, be aware of this the next time you try to do it. don't belive it? call fed-ex.

Tatume
09-13-2018, 12:35 PM
Several times I have called Fed-Ex and UPS and asked the same question of more than one person, and have gotten different answers each time. The person you talked to may know what he or she was talking about, the may not. When asked about anything related to guns or ammo, their knee-jerk reaction is "no." Sometimes it is necessary to dig deeper and educate them as to their own regulations.

Tatume
09-13-2018, 12:39 PM
Here is the FedEx regulation on shipping ammunition:

G. FedEx Express will transport ammunition when packed and labeled in compliance
with local, state and federal law, and the Dangerous Goods section of this Service
Guide. Ammunition is an explosive and must be shipped separately as dangerous goods.
You agree not to ship loaded firearms or firearms with ammunition in the same package.

Here is the entire FedEx shipping regulation, in PDF format:
https://www.fedex.com/content/dam/fedex/us-united-states/services/Service_Guide_2018.pdf

Open the PDF, enter <CONTROL>+F, type "ammunition" (without the quotes), and press enter.

FedEx will not ship ammunition to Canada, but that is because of Canada.

porthos
09-13-2018, 01:14 PM
after 45 minutes on the phone i don't want to do it again; at least for a while. anyone else want to try; here's the number you want to call. dangerous goods line is 1-901-434-3200 option #4. let us know what was said

Reddirt62
09-13-2018, 01:47 PM
There are three different and distinct FedEx companies, Express (the original), Ground (to compete with UPS), and Freight (which is a LTL shipper) With Express (airplanes) to ship ammo you must be a certified dangerous goods shipper...period. To ship Ground, I only have a little info on them as I spent the last 20 years at Express, you cannot drop it off, it must be picked up by them from your home or business. The rules are a combination of FedEx attempting to reduce liability in the current world situation and the FAA.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sam Casey
09-13-2018, 02:00 PM
I rely on a UPS shipping center for shipping firearms and ammunition. FedEx is closer, but they just don't seem to want the business. Last time I inquired they did not the items brought to their facility. Rather required an arrangement where their truck would pick up as Red suggests above.

porthos
09-13-2018, 07:01 PM
ok; does UPS ship small quantities of ammo from a non FFL person to another person??

Sam Casey
09-13-2018, 07:16 PM
Mine does. Have to declare exact contents and mark box with proper ORMD stickers. Misrepresent and go to jail.

RED BEAR
09-13-2018, 07:25 PM
i have waited a lot longer to talk to some customer rep who had no idea what they were talking about. it doesn't matter the company if you ask something that is not on there list there is no telling what they might makeup.