PDA

View Full Version : Ozark Trail Yeti Clone 26qt coolers on closeout

Elkins45
09-09-2018, 04:35 PM
Some Walmart stores are clearing out their store brand Yeti clone coolers for $49, down from the normal price of $89. You can find out if one is available locally here: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=55703255

osteodoc08
09-09-2018, 04:55 PM
Seeet. Thanks for the heads up. I saw their soft 6 pack size coolers on sale the other day but not these.

sandman228
09-09-2018, 06:24 PM
the Ozark trail yeti clone sold by wal mart is junk , I owned one and took it back . if your looking for an inexpensive roto molded cooler that will hold its own , look into a lifetime cooler also sold by Walmart and others . ive got a yeti 65 and a lifetime 55 , the lifetime will hold its own with the yeti ive kept ice in both for a week . the lifetime is usa made , has a 5 year warranty , and only costs about 100 $.

Elkins45
09-09-2018, 10:19 PM
Seeet. Thanks for the heads up. I saw their soft 6 pack size coolers on sale the other day but not these.

These hadn't been marked. I just knew they were reduced because of the Brickseek website. I had been hoping they would start closing them out as fall approached and they hit when I checked this morning.

the Ozark trail yeti clone sold by wal mart is junk , I owned one and took it back . if your looking for an inexpensive roto molded cooler that will hold its own , look into a lifetime cooler also sold by Walmart and others . ive got a yeti 65 and a lifetime 55 , the lifetime will hold its own with the yeti ive kept ice in both for a week . the lifetime is usa made , has a 5 year warranty , and only costs about 100 $.

A couple of stores not too far from me have the Lifetime 55 cooler for $59 according to Brickseek.

sandman228
09-10-2018, 05:29 AM
These hadn't been marked. I just knew they were reduced because of the Brickseek website. I had been hoping they would start closing them out as fall approached and they hit when I checked this morning.

A couple of stores not too far from me have the Lifetime 55 cooler for $59 according to Brickseek.
at that price I would buy 2 of them

Elkins45
09-10-2018, 12:23 PM
at that price I would buy 2 of them

That’s exactly what I just did. These are very nice coolers. Thanks for the recommendation.

sandman228
09-10-2018, 03:56 PM
That’s exactly what I just did. These are very nice coolers. Thanks for the recommendation.

good deal, glad I could help you out . they work best (any cooler) if you throw a block of ice in them and precool for a while before you wanna use it that's usually what I do , even with my yeti . the only thing ive noticed about my lifetime is it gets a little bit wet around the drain plug theres a plastic nut that can be snugged up if needed ,which I plan to do with mine when its empty . its down in my basement right now and has been for about a week or so because Ive got about 5 gal of iced tea in it lol. when I see it cheap somewhere I load up on it but the wife wont let me overrun our refrigerator with iced tea so I keep it in the basement in coolers on ice .

jonp
09-10-2018, 04:45 PM
I just looked in 2 WalMarts and they were not marked so I didn't buy one. I'll go back and check as the coolers we have are junk and need to be thrown out after many years of use. I could use a smalller one and a bigger one.

As for that plastic nut, do you think you could make a nylon or rubber washer to put behind it and seal? It's what I use on my hand pump.

trooperdan
09-10-2018, 08:07 PM
Anyone have the SKU for the better cooler, the Lifestyle 55 I think it was?

Elkins45
09-10-2018, 08:43 PM
You can check inventory and prices here: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=850043843 That’s for the Lifetime 55 cooler.

Elkins45
09-10-2018, 09:01 PM
I just looked in 2 WalMarts and they were not marked so I didn't buy one. I'll go back and check as the coolers we have are junk and need to be thrown out after many years of use. I could use a smalller one and a bigger one.

As for that plastic nut, do you think you could make a nylon or rubber washer to put behind it and seal? It's what I use on my hand pump.

They weren’t marked but they scanned at the sale price. I never would have known they were on sale except for the Brickseek website.

richbug
09-11-2018, 10:19 PM
The blue and white Ozark Trail 26s were down to $17 here(were, like past tense as I bought the last couple). The tan ones are back to full price.

thanks

Elkins45
09-12-2018, 11:57 AM
The 73 quart ones are $35 in some stores now. That's just crazy pricing!

richbug
09-12-2018, 05:42 PM
Wife works 10 minutes from the only store within 50 miles that shows the 73 in stock(at $35), but none to be found. She did pick up another 26 for $17 though.

Elkins45
09-12-2018, 09:14 PM
Wife works 10 minutes from the only store within 50 miles that shows the 73 in stock(at $35), but none to be found. She did pick up another 26 for $17 though.

I found one on a shelf in the garden and outdoors section. Another was on top of the beer cooler. They stash them all over the store.

sandman228
09-13-2018, 05:23 AM
I found one on a shelf in the garden and outdoors section. Another was on top of the beer cooler. They stash them all over the store.
maybe they put them everywhere the roof leaks ??? lol

1911sw45
09-13-2018, 09:06 AM
sounds about right sandman228

Walkingwolf
09-13-2018, 09:19 AM
No hard coolers at Wally World in NC, or probably SC all scarfed up. Should have bought one in the fall when they were on display. The Ozark trail will keep ice/water for about 5 days but they leak according to reviews. The leak should be able to be sealed though with some food grade silicone. The Coleman extreme 5 day coolers have good reviews but the lids are not sealed, or lockable. Youtube did have a review for one some time back where it kept bottles of water ice cold for 6 days. I had a igloo in my truck about a decade ago that leaked, aquarium silicone sealed the leak permanently.

JonB_in_Glencoe
09-13-2018, 10:51 AM
You can check inventory and prices here: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=850043843 That’s for the Lifetime 55 cooler.

The blue and white Ozark Trail 26s were down to $17 here(were, like past tense as I bought the last couple). The tan ones are back to full price.

thanks

I seen this thread on Tuesday evening (9:30pm)...I clicked on the Brickseek links for both the 27qt and the 55qt. My closest store (hutchinson) had 3 of each and brickseek said they were discounted to $17 and $19 respectively.

While I considered going there that night, I knew I was going there on wednesday, so I figured I'd wait. Right before I left, I refreshed the brickseek links...all were soldout...So I snoozed and I lost :(

Elkins45
09-13-2018, 02:12 PM
$19 for the Lifetime 55 is almost unreal. That’s got to be getting close to production cost.