PDA

View Full Version : Dominant eye twitch?

Silvercreek Farmer
09-07-2018, 04:22 AM
Several years ago I developed a twitch in my right eye. At the time I was shooting 100 benched rounds of 22 per day and working on a computer for much of the day. I googled it and eye fatigue was the likely culprit. I eased back the shooting and it resolved. It recently resurfaced after an 8900 mile road trip and a fair bit of iron sight shooting, maybe 50 carefully aimed shots per day. I backed off the shooting, but the has persisted for a couple of weeks now. Still a little short on sleep, but hopefully that will get better soon. Anyone else experience anything similar? I've also developed more floaters an my right eye than left, doc says it is fairly common, but I wonder if years of hard focusing on front sights has contributed?

Wayne Smith
09-07-2018, 07:30 AM
Twitch is muscle fatigue or, if occurring in other muscle groups, a muscle/nerve disorder. In that case muscle relaxers work. How old are you? After 55-60 or so floaters are almost universal. The only question is how severe are they?

redhawk0
09-07-2018, 08:31 AM
I had flashing and floaters that started when I was 42. (I am severely near sighted). It scared the carp out of me to have the flashing. I went to and Opthomologist to get checked over. He said due to the shape of my eye, the retina was getting tugged on by the changing vitreous as it shrinks. It tugs on the retinal nerves giving false light emission, that issue generally goes away on its own and mine did within 6-9 months....anyway...I drive for work as well and I know my eye will occasionally twitch after a long haul. Its just fatigue. I found excersises for the eyes help.

Focusing close on something...then something far away. back and forth, a few times a minute, a few times a day. See if that helps.

redhawk

mold maker
09-08-2018, 05:32 PM
Your right at the age to start being bothered by new maladies that can only be attributed to the aging process.
At 76, my legs refuse to take me on a hike further than the bath room and the kitchen. My eyes get blurry after only an hr or so reading. I have developed ttttremors in my right arm, and, my hands hurt. I'm not complaining, because many of my friends didn't live long enough to experience these minor problems.
Just try to find work-arounds to accommodate it and continue trying. You'll find you really enjoy what you accomplish even more.

jsizemore
09-08-2018, 06:00 PM
I use this on my rifles that I shoot for extended periods. There is a flip blinder that will clip on your shooting glasses. My eye twitch went away after using these. Eye doctor told me everybody has floaters but most folks don't see them. Once you notice you can't stop.

http://www.eyeblindllc.biz/eyeblind.html

gwpercle
09-10-2018, 01:29 PM
If you start to see tiny black specks floating in there , go get it checked .
I waited too long and the retina detached completely and I lost the sight in that eye.
Don't wait....unlike floaters the black specks do not go away.
Gary