PDA

View Full Version : Wts: JC Higgins, Wards rifles, all use original FN actions.

Joni Lynn
09-05-2018, 06:16 PM
I found a pair of JC Higgins rifles in good condition and had intended to do custom builds. That never materialized so they are available for adoption now. They are in great shape for their age and are chambered in 270 Winchester and 30-06. JC Higgins model 50 & 51 were built on the outstanding controlled feed commercial FN action by another company for sale at Sears stores sometime around the 1950's. I've used up a fair number of these for builds but never had any this nice. These make superb lighter weight hunting rifles while still being chambered in the great cartridges. The ties visible on the bolt & trigger guard are only there for identification purposes for when I have the bolts out of guns. It doesn't signify anything wrong with the firearm. These are the nicest JCH rifles I've ever owned or seen.
The third rifle is also factory built on a commercial FN action and is a 30-06 Wards. There's one scope that goes with them.
All three are good to use as is or would be excellent for custom builds.
I wish to sell all as a package for $1400 plus whatever my ffl dealer tells me the actual shipping will be.
I'm in sw PA so local is possible also with no shipping.