PDA

View Full Version : Specialized 458 Molds

Ironduke
09-03-2018, 01:30 PM
Good morning, folks. I am looking for molds to cast the two big 458 boolits pictured here. One is a 550 gr that shoots great in my 1895 guide gun. The other is a 720 gr that I shoot in my 458 Lott. These were purchased from ranger Rick's several years ago, but he is no longer in business as far as I can tell. I have precious few of these bullets left, so before I shoot them, I was to have some molds made that will produce these same boolits.

I know Mountain molds can make the 550 gr one, and they have a similar product in their "Proven Designs" list. Worst case I can just order that one. But their design system only goes up to 620 gr, so they apparently can't do the 720 gr I want because their FAQs says they can make any custom bullet that can be designed on their software. Ideas on who can make these bullets?

Edit to add: that's a 255 gr Hornady .452 cowboy bullet in the middle for reference.

475AR
09-03-2018, 06:00 PM
Look at Matt's bullets he bought most of the molds from Ranger Rick's from what I understand (and has a 730gr bullet that looks like the one you want http://www.mattsbullets.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=84&products_id=319&zenid=ga1o2rmmujunk398ojegheged7 you might also contact Tom @ accurate molds as he might be able to cut the mold you want from a couple of bullets?