PDA

View Full Version : PID help needed

waksupi
08-31-2018, 01:58 PM
My PID stopped working correctly. I assumed it was the thermocouple, so replaced that. Put things back together, and the temp reads around 350 degrees, plus or minus. The pot doesn't start to heat at all apparently. I turned it on and left it for five minutes, pot was still cold.

So, I'm pretty sure it wasn't the thermocouple.

Could the PID itself be bad?

mattw
08-31-2018, 02:18 PM
Could be the SSR or relay depending upon build. Might check to see if there is a fuse in it as well.

Hannibal
08-31-2018, 03:25 PM
If the temperature reads 350 degrees all the time, you'll need to get that sorted out first, I should think.

Was this a problem before you replaced the thermocouple?

If not, it likely needs to be calibrated. If so, you're going to need to determine if your initial settings are off.

What brand and model of PID is this?

Mike W1
08-31-2018, 08:38 PM
Shoot me your email and I'll send you a couple text files on how to check the PID and the SSR.

waksupi
09-01-2018, 10:49 AM
If the temperature reads 350 degrees all the time, you'll need to get that sorted out first, I should think.

Was this a problem before you replaced the thermocouple?

If not, it likely needs to be calibrated. If so, you're going to need to determine if your initial settings are off.

What brand and model of PID is this?

It's a Mypin T series.

waksupi
09-01-2018, 10:50 AM
Shoot me your email and I'll send you a couple text files on how to check the PID and the SSR.

Message sent, thanks!