PDA

View Full Version : Got a few wheelweights yesterday

sniper
09-24-2008, 09:54 AM
I needed a new set of tires for my politically-incorrect, gas guzzling environmentally damaging, destroy-the-ozone-layer SUV that I REALLLY like.

I bought a set of Michelins, and explained to the store manager that I cast my own boolits, and asked if I could have my wheelweights. He said o.k., so I casually mentioned I wouldn't be at all unhappy if there were a few more added to the pile. I found a baggie with at least a pound in my car when they finished.

A nice fellow!

Small victory, and I guess it didn't hurt that I had just bought a $700 set of tires, but every little bit counts.

blackthorn
09-24-2008, 10:44 AM
I did the same thing this week. The dealer said they had someone that picks up thier WW but he gave me about 20 pounds anyway, so not too bad I guess.

Namerifrats
09-24-2008, 10:56 AM
I try to buy my tires where I get my weights. If I go to a chain tire store, I know they don't give them away or sell them. But I'll at least leave there with my own.

sniper
09-24-2008, 11:37 AM
.... WW but he gave me about 20 pounds anyway, so not too bad I guess.

WOW! You must have really talked some sweetness in his ear!:drinks: Good on ya! Like I say....small victories.

jack19512
09-24-2008, 02:33 PM
I recently backed my truck into a retaining wall and damaged my rear taillight lens so I went to our local salvage yard to see if they had a used one, they didn't but while I was there I asked the manager if he would allow me to go around and remove the weights off the junk car wheels, he said go ahead.

I must have wanted those weights awful bad because that was a job. :veryconfu It wasn't anything to get excited about but I have more lead now than I did before. I sure have fallen a long way from when I would walk into a tire store and they would gladly give me 1 or 2 buckets of weights. :roll:

jdgabbard
09-24-2008, 03:55 PM
I've had some issues finding lead too. In Oklahoma of all places. However, I just remembered a Tire Store that is in my home town that services car, trucks, and semi's. And I'm good enough friends with them that I think that they will happily sneak me a bucket or two from time to time. I'll have to check with them next time I go home.

EMC45
09-24-2008, 05:43 PM
Just dropped some cheeseburgers off with my guys and scored some.

mtgrs737
09-24-2008, 05:55 PM
I have stopped buying tires from one tire shop and started buying tires from another because they sell me wheel weights! I make sure the owner knows that I appreciate the weights and that I will continue to buy his products and send him more business everytime I can! He loves to sell tires and is greatly apreciative of the business I give him.