PDA

View Full Version : thompson BLUE ANGEL lube review please

mike in co
09-24-2008, 12:33 AM
in all the stuff i got last week is a rcbs lubersizer with blue angel in it and 5 more sticks unused.

i read the reviews on midways' sales site, but does anyone here have any experience with this lube.

yes the sizer has a heater..

thinking rifle loads 30 cal, 22, 8mm.......

thanks
mike

HeavyMetal
09-24-2008, 01:05 AM
I bought a bunch, 12 sticks, of Blue Angel years ago. It was my go to lube for everything but it is very hard!

Currently have some sticks left and got a wild hair to see how everyones lube stacked up against one another. I have also bought a bunch of Lars carnuba red and I'd say it and Blue angel are tops.

That lube comparo project has been waylaid a bit but Blue angel is a very good lube and should work well with rifle ammo provided you match the alloy to the pressure / velocity your loading for.

Most of my work has been with pistol ammo 44 mag and 30-30 in a contender so full on rifle is an area I have not been in yet.

But if you can get a price that equal Lar's don't be afraid of it.

Lloyd Smale
09-24-2008, 07:18 AM
i dont like it. Its to hard to be a decent lube. I was giving about 40 sticks of it and i use it when i make felix lube. I mix about 1/4 blue angle in with the felix and it comes out about the same consistancy as lbt blue soft. even looks like lbt.

Shuz
09-24-2008, 09:45 AM
In my experience, Lars carnauba red, WFFL,and the old NRA 50/50 formula all outshine Thompson's Blue Angel in the .44 mag. It's just too hard, and yes I used a heater with it and still do with the Lars red.--Shuz

mike in co
09-24-2008, 12:57 PM
In my experience, Lars carnauba red, WFFL,and the old NRA 50/50 formula all outshine Thompson's Blue Angel in the .44 mag. It's just too hard, and yes I used a heater with it and still do with the Lars red.--Shuz

i use the world famous lube by felix for my 44's......but want to use up the blue if it works..

sounds like it is ok.

thanks
mike in co

Shuz
09-24-2008, 06:53 PM
Mike--I used up the TBA I had, but I'd never buy it again.--Shuz