PDA

View Full Version : MedicareAdvantage????

BigboreShooter
08-22-2018, 06:35 PM
I've been looking around Medicare supplement. Anybody have MedicareAdvantage through Humana????
BigboreShooter

shooter93
08-22-2018, 06:51 PM
Mine isn't through Humana but if you look around your area you may find someone like I did who will look over virtually hundreds of options and find which is best for you. It is a free service and I found much much easier than wading through all of it myself. 130 bucks a month for a supplement and I have never recieved a bill for any services and I'm sure they have spent over a million bucks on me in the last few years. Worth a look.

popper
08-22-2018, 07:50 PM
Yes, monthly cost is minimal ($14 IIRC) but deductible is higher. They do have a mail service with low to no cost. Had squamish removed from my hand, $70 in copays for the doc. The Derm did cost ~$100 though. Monthly cost is has been going up last few years. My cardio visits are just copay.

DocSavage
08-23-2018, 06:37 AM
Here in Ma we have only 2 options for coverage bare bones or everything.
I have Harvard Pilgram been very pleased with them.

high standard 40
08-23-2018, 08:04 AM
Plans change from state to state, and sometimes even change in different areas of a state. Here in Louisiana the Humana plans are different based on your address. I live in south Louisiana and I have "Humana Gold Plus" which is not available in rural north Louisiana. But my HGP plan is awesome. I pay nothing extra above what the basic Medicare cost is. All of my prescriptions are free, deductibles are low, and there is even a small no charge OTC allowance and some basic dental coverage. I'm very pleased with the Humana plans here.

Kraschenbirn
08-23-2018, 08:02 PM
Wife and I have a 'mid-range' Health Alliance plan. $114 a month: no deductible, $30 in-system copays, and free prescriptions. I had some (fairly) major back surgery last year; total damages, including post-op physical therapy, were a bit over $50K...my out-of-pocket was $382.

MaryB
08-23-2018, 11:30 PM
I use Medica for my advantage plan, has saved me a bundle with all the joint issues I have been fighting

Walla2
08-24-2018, 01:28 PM
I have Humana Choice. Very happy with it.

hanleyfan
08-24-2018, 02:16 PM
I have been on Humana advantage plan since the first of the year and so far am happy with it, saves me a bunch of money so far, if you use their pharmacy and 90 day supply I pay nothing for the level 1 and level 2 drugs.

phonejack
08-25-2018, 08:39 AM
I also have Humana Advantage, no problems, happy

Brokenbear
08-25-2018, 09:56 PM
Don't have an advantage plan nor Humana but do have United Health Care which my hospital administrator son in law says is the biggest bear in the woods and negotiates the lowest prices given by most medical providers ...but I am not pushing a brand ...I am saying to be sure to ask the right questions that fit YOUR LIFE STYLE ..like *can you choose your own Dr. or only ones listed ....*if you travel (like I have grandkids in Va,Fl,Tx and live in Mo ...so getting sick far from home with an advantage plan might/maybe be very costly ...I don't know for sure but just saying ASK. Wife and I pay $160/mo and have gone thru cancer,surgeries,cataracts,heart attacks etc and in 15 years no out of pocket other than the first of year deductable which is about $300/ea ...but I think all have some varying degrees of deductibles ....long story short ..make your own shopping list of what you need your insurance to do ...then find the plan to make it happen ...I encourage you to NOT make price the first criteria if at all possible as I have learned some insurance is nothing but catastrophic coverage leaving you with serious yearly health care cost ...others a very good if you stay in place (home) and can stay in their "on plan providers" ...others cover you on the go any where any time ..so get that shopping list going (which I am sure you are already working from)

Bear