PDA

View Full Version : Free Lee Pot upgrade.

Freightman
08-22-2018, 02:11 PM
I went to order the parts to fix my Lee 4-20 pot and they came up free just paid shipping. so now I have two upgraded pots :-D

redhawk0
08-22-2018, 02:19 PM
Same thing with me but mine is the 10# bottom pour...I'm currently emptying my pot out to do the rebuild. The only thing extra I bought is some 1/2" thick ceramic insulating blanket, I plan to do this only once....my next step would be a new pot. (I've had this one for 20+ years). And it will likely be a Lee 4-20 like what you're working on.

redhawk

ranger391xt
08-22-2018, 02:48 PM
What do you mean by "upgraded"? Has there been a change to some of the parts? I have a 30 yr old 10 lb pot and 20 lb that is only a couple yrs old.

Lee has been offering "free" parts for awhile. There is a page somewhere on their site which explains that you are actually getting them at their cost, which is figured into the shipping. And it's only the first one, so if you order more than one of something, you pay full price for all others after the first one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

toallmy
08-22-2018, 02:49 PM
I picked up a older lee 4/20 pot from a member here that had the old style adjustment screw off to the side of the valve for adjustment / when replaced with the new stile valve that is threaded , cleaned it up a little now runs like a champ . I just wish I had a little more electric power in my casting area ( well that is a winter project ) .

redhawk0
08-22-2018, 04:29 PM
I just finished my "upgrade" on the 10# pot. YES....the pot is different in the spout area. The old one was a stamped piece that formed a straight pour nipple on the base. The new one has a slight offset to it and is bolted in. The stamped one sat right on the bottom. The new one is raised slightly off the bottom so any dirt that settles isn't automatically dumped into the spout. (and the plunger length is slightly shorter from the old one too...this accommodates the slightly raised bottom spout) Its a much better design. Other than that....the rest of the hardware was the same. The only thing I did differently was to add ceramic wool around my pot as an insulator...its not necessary...but it holds its temperature better. I just finished it...it took about 90 minutes to rebuild.

Freightman....I hope yours turns out as well as mine did...I'm happy.

redhawk

jcourson
08-23-2018, 02:19 PM
Where do you get the upgraded parts? I didn't see them on the leeprecision.com site.

redhawk0
08-23-2018, 02:31 PM
Where do you get the upgraded parts? I didn't see them on the leeprecision.com site.

https://leeprecision.com/electric-melters-or-furnaces/auto-prime-xr-parts/modern-reloading-book/

Don't let the links deceive you...I copied and pasted directly...not sure why it has auto-prim...blah blah blah in the link.

redhawk

Grmps
08-23-2018, 03:46 PM

https://leeprecision.com/parts/

Or look up what you need parts for and there will be a link for parts.

most of the lee replacement parts are free, you pay shipping AND handling.

They have a $ amount on them but when they get to the cart they are free.

HINT often it is cheaper to send in the bad part because then they will pay to ship them back to you.