PDA

View Full Version : Man has all limbs amputated after dog’s lick leads to infection

DCP
08-14-2018, 06:23 PM
I find this hard to believe. I will be talking to my vet!

https://nypost.com/2018/07/31/man-has-all-limbs-amputated-after-dogs-lick-leads-to-infection/

osteodoc08
08-14-2018, 06:39 PM
Sounds like he was septic from infection, ended up on pressors like Levophed and developed ischemic/septic limbs as a consequence leading to amputation. Not directly linked to the infection but a secondary consequence. See it all the time with toes and fingertips.

Grmps
08-14-2018, 06:52 PM
Now I got it ↑↑↑ Bone Doctor↑↑↑ :)

Osteoporosis is a bone disease that occurs when the body loses too much bone, makes too little bone, or both. As a result, bones become weak and may break from a fall or, in serious cases, from sneezing or minor bumps. Osteoporosis means “porous bone.”

osteodoc08
08-15-2018, 06:46 PM
Now I got it ↑↑↑ Bone Doctor↑↑↑ :)

Osteoporosis is a bone disease that occurs when the body loses too much bone, makes too little bone, or both. As a result, bones become weak and may break from a fall or, in serious cases, from sneezing or minor bumps. Osteoporosis means “porous bone.”

Close. Look up Osteopathic vs Allopathic medicine. In practice there is no difference now.

Grmps
08-15-2018, 07:48 PM
Osteopathic medicine is a distinct form of medical practice in the United States.
Osteopathic medicine provides all of the benefits of modern medicine including prescription drugs, surgery, and the use of technology to diagnose disease and evaluate injury. It also offers the added benefit of hands-on diagnosis and treatment through a system of treatment known as osteopathic manipulative medicine. Osteopathic medicine emphasizes helping each person achieve a high level of wellness by focusing on health promotion and disease prevention.

Your part chiropractor/ part herbalist part physician IE you practice holistic medicine.

OK, Osteo could have gone several different ways:)

WILCO
08-16-2018, 01:17 PM
I find this hard to believe. I will be talking to my vet!

https://nypost.com/2018/07/31/man-has-all-limbs-amputated-after-dogs-lick-leads-to-infection/

If a dog can give a child Roto virus, I don't doubt the report.

DCP
08-18-2018, 09:23 AM
It was my understanding that a Dog virus crossed over to human and all dogs carry that virus.

DCP
08-19-2018, 05:26 PM
Capnocytophaga canimorsus, a type of bacteria found in the saliva of dogs and cats. It can in very rare cases, enter the bloodstream through their licks, bites or other close contact.