PDA

View Full Version : WARNING RANT FOLLOWS. Sometimes I Really, Really Hate People

jonp
08-12-2018, 11:57 AM
Wife and I were on our way back from vacation up north (sitting on the deck of my hunting camp every morning and drinking coffee to the sound of silence broken only by loons is priceless). We got stuck in a traffic jamb on I95 south of DC as usual and all of us had to go so I hit a ramp, drove a little then turned down a dead end road to let the dog and us out for a bit.

There on the side near a clump of trees was the skeleton of a large dog and a water bowl. Someone had chained the dog to a tree, put out a water bowl and left him/her there to either starve to death or die of thirst. Of course they had removed the collar so we couldn't find out who it was.

If I could catch that ****** ****** ****** I'd beat that person with a friggen hammer. Made both of us so mad we stewed the next 200 miles. Here it is the next day and I'm still angry. What kind of person does something like that???????

Hamish
08-12-2018, 12:36 PM
Sub-human. Looks normal, usually sounds normal.

Anyone who would mistreat an animal, let alone kill it in that manner needs to die.

Slowly.

DCP
08-12-2018, 12:44 PM
Wow just Wow

Hopefully karma will step in

sparky45
08-12-2018, 12:53 PM
That gives insight into that persons personality; borderline sociopath.

Rick459
08-12-2018, 12:55 PM
those are not people. they are less than doggie dung. yes those that treat animals like that should be treated the same way. they are a waste of oxygen. beating them with a hammer would be merciful compared what i would do to them.man will soon meet his comeupance. but maybe were way overdue.

RED BEAR
08-12-2018, 01:04 PM
As an absolute dog lover and a person who doesn't believe in torture for tortures sale ( I am ok if it serves a purpose info ect) i would just end someone i cought doing something like that. I must admit just reading this has me stewing .

jsizemore
08-12-2018, 01:32 PM

That ain't borderline.

sghart3578
08-12-2018, 01:35 PM
I believe that there is a special place in hell for people that abuse dogs and children.

buckwheatpaul
08-12-2018, 02:08 PM
jonp you are right with your rant.....when I was sheriff I dreamed of catching one of those low life's dropping off dogs in the country.....we had a judge that would have hung 'em high.....karma was with the low life's as I never got a chance to catch and the judge to skin 'em!

Houndog
08-12-2018, 03:56 PM
The sad part is they could have taken that poor dog to the pound at NO COST to them and maybe that dog would have been adopted into a home where it and the new owner would both been happy! SO SAD!!!!

Hickory
08-12-2018, 04:10 PM
That is one of man's inhumanities against man's best friends that is hard to overlook. But, you should not think too hard on something you can't control or undo. Evil is everywhere.

Freightman
08-12-2018, 04:31 PM
Target Holder!

shooter93
08-12-2018, 07:35 PM
Did you take the dog or call someone to get it?. I'm just curious. If it was me I'm sure I would have just acquired another pet.......lol.

Petrol & Powder
08-12-2018, 07:38 PM
Aint no borderline to it!

I've had many dogs over the years and I gave every one of them the very best life I could. A person that mistreats a dog is a sick individual.

rancher1913
08-12-2018, 08:05 PM
these same people have human babies in a store restroom and then throw it in the trash and leave.

OldBearHair
08-12-2018, 08:25 PM
That is terrible at the least. Hard to accept that into your mind without going into an overload of rage. Living at the Boys Ranch, we were bombarded with dropped off dogs at times. A friend owned Catahoula Cur dogs. Only ones around. He left the country, and later I came home from Albuquerque and there was a bunch (9) of Catahoula pups running everywhere. Put them in my yard and began the process of trying to think and all of a sudden, it hit me. When the friend left town, he must have left the old female. Gathered up the pups in the front of my pickup and drove the three miles to the trailer house,and pulled up in the driveway and sure enough, #10 pup came out from under the step.. The new renter, a young red-headed man heard me pull up and stuck his head out the door.. Got out of the truck and told him that I had something that belonged to him and about that same time, all the pups piled out of the truck and ran to greet #10. As I was ranting on him, he was almost sure I was going to call the Sheriff, My last words to him was he had to promise that he would never drop off an animal again and swear to it. My hope is that he never does. Maybe he got cured hearing how much the fine and jail time I told him about.

am44mag
08-12-2018, 09:21 PM
Did you take the dog or call someone to get it?. I'm just curious. If it was me I'm sure I would have just acquired another pet.......lol.

Did they take the skeleton of what used to be a dog? I seriously doubt it. That probably wouldn't be the best pet, though it would definitely be low maintenance.

The kind of filth that would do this to an animal deserves a very long and painful death. Maybe chain them to a tree with only a bowl of water and check on them a few weeks later.

glockfan
08-12-2018, 10:44 PM
Wife and I were on our way back from vacation up north (sitting on the deck of my hunting camp every morning and drinking coffee to the sound of silence broken only by loons is priceless). We got stuck in a traffic jamb on I95 south of DC as usual and all of us had to go so I hit a ramp, drove a little then turned down a dead end road to let the dog and us out for a bit.

There on the side near a clump of trees was the skeleton of a large dog and a water bowl. Someone had chained the dog to a tree, put out a water bowl and left him/her there to either starve to death or die of thirst. Of course they had removed the collar so we couldn't find out who it was.

If I could catch that ****** ****** ****** I'd beat that person with a friggen hammer. Made both of us so mad we stewed the next 200 miles. Here it is the next day and I'm still angry. What kind of person does something like that???????

i'd feel exactly like that. funny (well ,not that funny) but 2 days ago i was at wally world in the parking,and a dog barking like a distress kind of bark got my attention.i was a very,very hot afternoon.

the poor little pooch was inside a toyota sienna,all windows closed!!!

the dog had the jaw wide open breathing like crazy to eleminate the heat.

the only way dogs sweats is via their breath ; no pores on the skin like we have , to control their body temp.

took some pics,after 15 minutes of it i called the cops,entered in the store to warn the CS lady about what was happening,gave the infos and asked that they uses their sound system to call the owners of the car.

they eventually showed up,and i gave them my piece of mind ,that i would like to see one of them getting trapp in the car in such scorching weather.

they were looking like unconcerned by the cruel treatement they were providing to the poor pooch....but when i told them i called the police...then,they suddenly waked up and left the place very quickly.

some are irresponsible, and think pets are inanimated objets who don't feel pain,and in this case ,suffocation.

this kind of behavior gets me very,very mad.

redneck1
08-13-2018, 05:12 AM
When I was a kid one of my uncle's had a stroke , somehow managed to call an ambulance and spent the next month or so in the hospital.
An unexpected thing happened while he was in there , turns out while friends family and nieghbors was busy being concerned and visiting him in the hospital no one gave a thought to his pet's and live stock .
A dog , two cats and a parakeet dead in the house. , two cows , four pigs and horse dead in the barn .

The only positive thing of the whole mess was it happened in January and not August

So while the chances are very good this was an intentional act , there is that tiny chance it wasn't .
Might be better to hope it was the latter and save some high blood pressure

smokeywolf
08-13-2018, 06:28 AM
Anyone who would mistreat an animal has less of a right to live than the animal they are victimizing.

Thundarstick
08-13-2018, 07:00 AM
I see a bigger issue here.

I find it amazing the number of people who blatantly express the willingness to KILL A HUMAN over their treatment of an animal! Right or wrong, it's not a death sentence, and it's certainly not for YOU to carry out, or threaten to on a public forum!

There are folks out there who feel the same way about you pulling down on a coyote of deer!

My God people! Stop equating animal life with a human life!

smokeywolf
08-13-2018, 07:17 AM
Why would you compare a person who knowingly or negligently tortures an animal to death, to a person who brings down a predator or food/feeder animal in what is considered to be a humane way?

bedbugbilly
08-13-2018, 07:56 AM
If someone would do that to an animal . . . let's just hope they aren't married with a spouse or that they don't have children. Where we are in AZ, we see stray dogs all the time where someone just "dumps" them. Anyone who mistreats animals deserves a special place when they leave this earth with others just like 'em . . . and the individual or individuals responsible for what the OP found are not only a danger to animals but to others . . . .

brass410
08-13-2018, 08:17 AM
2 yrs ago tomorrow a sob strolled casually into our place of business/home asking about scrap and making small talk. After we closed he returned and coaxed our super friendly English mastiff out from the rear of the shop and fed her a wiener/sausage, we didn't give it a second thought(all of our regulars knew her and frequently fed her) she expired 5hrs later from an application of anaprox. We got the whole thing on video, they then returned a few days later and stole several thousand dollars worth of materials. The cops said this happens a lot and there was little hope of justice, my reply was that we would see about that in the future.

Thundarstick
08-13-2018, 09:10 AM
Why would you compare a person who knowingly or negligently tortures an animal to death, to a person who brings down a predator or food/feeder animal in what is considered to be a humane way?

I've seen plenty on THIS VERY FORUM advocate gut shooting coyotes! Is that a humane way to die? Just who defines what's humane? Dead is dead!

Where I grew up out in the country it was quite common for folks to drop unwanted dogs in the country for someone else to deal with. We raised hogs, sheep, goats, cattle, and other smaller stock that these dropped dogs would find and kill. These dropped domestic dogs where treated the same as coyotes today. They got the 22lr,222,22-250,243 etc etc with out a thought about it! THEY WHERE VARMINTS that needed eradicating! What do you think the shelters do with the viscous ones, or ones that can't be placed? They overdose them with drugs that's what!

It still blows my mind at the number of people that say they would kill you over a dog!

Thundarstick
08-13-2018, 09:14 AM
To me it's an even bigger problem that the law had made it nearly impossible to even put your own dog down if needs be!

Animal abuse is criminalized the law is there for abusers!

Parson
08-13-2018, 09:17 AM
Too bad you could not have checked it for a chip

Biggin
08-13-2018, 09:18 AM
these same people have human babies in a store restroom and then throw it in the trash and leave.

There's a special place in hell for people like that!

Thundarstick
08-13-2018, 10:21 AM
Ya'll really think starving a dog is equivalent to throwing a new born baby in the trash?

GOD HELP US! [smilie=b:

JoeJames
08-13-2018, 10:23 AM
There's a special place in hell for people like that!Dropping a dog, is bad enough, but leaving it chained - that's hellish!

smokeywolf
08-13-2018, 10:42 AM
Ya'll really think starving a dog is equivalent to throwing a new born baby in the trash?

GOD HELP US! [smilie=b:

I don't recall seeing a comparison of how horrific one is, compared to the other. I do remember seeing a post suggesting that a person who does one is also more likely to do the other.

toallmy
08-13-2018, 10:56 AM
Jonp you might want to consider contacting the authorities in that area to report what you discovered , the game warden's office or animal control in the area would more than likely take this serous .

Thundarstick
08-13-2018, 11:24 AM

Equating?

If I could catch that ****** ****** ****** I'd beat that person with a friggen hammer.
Anyone who would mistreat an animal, let alone kill it in that manner needs to die.

Slowly.

those are not people. they are less than doggie dung. yes those that treat animals like that should be treated the same way. they are a waste of oxygen. beating them with a hammer would be merciful compared what i would do to them

Target Holder!

The kind of filth that would do this to an animal deserves a very long and painful death. Maybe chain them to a tree with only a bowl of water and check on them a few weeks later.

Anyone who would mistreat an animal has less of a right to live than the animal they are victimizing.

All these advocate that what happened to this poor dog is worthy of the death sentence! So how's this for taking an animal's life being equal to a human?

You do realize anti hunters feel the exact same way towards any of you that have taken the life of one animal?

smokeywolf
08-13-2018, 11:44 AM
Thundarstick, apparently I misunderstood your post. I was under the impression that you were gleaning this comparison from a single post, not comparing what one person posted to what another posted.

DCP
08-13-2018, 11:49 AM
:hijack: by Thundarstick

smokeywolf
08-13-2018, 11:55 AM
:hijack: by Thundarstick

While I agree with you nearly all the time and vehemently disagree with Thundarstick on this, in my opinion, he's still on topic.

DCP
08-13-2018, 12:03 PM
While I agree with you nearly all the time and vehemently disagree with Thundarstick on this, in my opinion, he's still on topic.

Thanks, I know what you're saying but just like Thundarstick I am entitled to an opinion on his attitude and points he brings up. Its obvious he never has had the love of dog. To bring up human babys is off topic

DCP
08-13-2018, 12:08 PM
The Link Between Cruelty to Animals and Violence Toward Humans

https://aldf.org/article/animal-cruelty-and-domestic-violence/

Thundarstick
08-13-2018, 12:11 PM
Thanks, I know what you're saying but just like Thundarstick I am entitled to an opinion on his attitude and points he brings up. Its obvious he never has had the love of dog. To bring up human babys is off topic

Yes, you are entitled to your opinion.

I didn't bring human babies into this thread.

I have to dogs at present, I've shed tears over some past companions, BUT I WOULD NOT KILL ANOTHER MAN OVER MY DOG, OR WHAT SOMEONE ELSE DOES TO THEIR DOG, but it seems many on cast boolits would!

I've got my drawers in a wad over ANYONE thinking taking any animals life, in any manner, being worth the death penalty!

fatelk
08-13-2018, 12:25 PM
I grew up on a farm, out of town, and was always amazed at how “town folk” thought about “the country”. They seemed to think it was a good place to stop stuff off.

Got an old couch or lawnmower that doesn’t run? Find a dirt road in the country and toss it in the brush. Nobody will notice. Got a cat or dog you don’t want but are too lazy/cheap to find another home for? Dump it off in the country. Some nice farmer will come along and take care of it, or it will go feral and live free in the wild. Everyone knows that animals are happier living free in the wild, of course; Hollywood movies prove that.

Pure speculation, but based on the fact that they left water for it, I’d be inclined to think that they were naive enough to think some “country person” would come along and find it. It’s still disturbing and heartbreaking, but the perpetrator might have just been a phenomenally ignorant city dweller, and not a deranged psychopath.

DCP
08-13-2018, 12:47 PM
"these same people have human babies in a store restroom and then throw it in the trash and leave."

When you quote someone you use quotes. I know you can use the shift key. LOL

Thundarstick
08-13-2018, 01:58 PM
"these same people have human babies in a store restroom and then throw it in the trash and leave."

When you quote someone you use quotes. I know you can use the shift key. LOL

I'll try to avoid confusing you so in the future.:-?

am44mag
08-13-2018, 02:09 PM
If someone is cruel enough to kill an animal in a very inhumane way such as letting it die of thirst, that tells me they see no value in life. Someone like that doesn't have a lot of value in my eyes. These ARE the types of people who would kill a baby or become a serial killer.

Would I personally ever kill them over killing an animal? No, but then again I'd happily piss on their grave when they finally went to hell.

Mr_Sheesh
08-13-2018, 02:37 PM
Rightly so, glockfan!

In Korea in about 900AD IIRC one prince (who apparently had serious mental issues) was ordered confined by the king in a rice box (one "didn't" kill royalty, and at the time if they had been accused of treason IIRC their entire family would have had to be killed as well, according to law and tradition there) - He was confined till death. That has to be a bad way to go; It'd do for one chaining that dog like that. Used to live in an area where "people" would drop off unwanted pets, the coyotes hunted them daily. TICKS me off! Another option is the saying "Get a rope." (At least to scare the heck out of the jerk...)

shooter93
08-13-2018, 07:24 PM
I misunderstood the first part of the post, I thought when he said a skeleton of a dog and a bowl for water that the dog was still alive but looked like a skeleton....my mistake. Would I shoot someone who I caught at these kinds of things......you bet. There is a vast difference to doing this to a pet or domestic animal and hunting animals.......a vast difference. It is a HUGE cruelty. The owners could have tried to find it a home, taken it to a shelter or even having the dog put down humanely if absoultely necessary. The way this was done is to me simply unforgivable and I hope they find that place kept for them when they pass.

jonp
08-13-2018, 07:26 PM
I misunderstood the first part of the post, I thought when he said a skeleton of a dog and a bowl for water that the dog was still alive but looked like a skeleton....my mistake. Would I shoot someone who I caught at these kinds of things......you bet. There is a vast difference to doing this to a pet or domestic animal and hunting animals.......a vast difference. It is a HUGE cruelty. The owners could have tried to find it a home, taken it to a shelter or even having the dog put down humanely if absoultely necessary. The way this was done is to me simply unforgivable and I hope they find that place kept for them when they pass.

Now your post makes sense. When I first read it I scratched my head over it

jonp
08-13-2018, 07:27 PM
I'll try to avoid confusing you so in the future.:-?

After your inane post's, side tracks and thread highjacking I will be sure to avoid anything you post in the future. Blocked

fatelk
08-13-2018, 09:33 PM
I love dogs too, and it's heartbreaking to see one abused, but I sincerely hope nobody here ever ends up standing before a jury trying to explain why they murdered someone who was abusing a a dog, because I think we all know it wouldn't end well.

I realize that most of the "I'd shoot them" here is just talk, but you never know.

Thundarstick
08-13-2018, 09:42 PM
Call it hijacking of you will, but anyone who would kill, or maim a man, "human" over an animal of any kind deserve pity for their eternal condemnation. The number of folks who state that death is the proper remedy for what was done to this dog both sadden and anger me at the same time.

Sorry if I stepped on a toes, but I have strong feelings about death threats over dogs, or any other animal for that matter. Hell, we don't even put child murders to death in this country until we've spent 30 million dollars on them, why would you advocate death for an animal abuser/ killer?

rancher1913
08-13-2018, 09:56 PM
see the disclaimer in the op's title, its a rant, it lets you get it off your chest, it does not mean you are really going to murder somebody over animal abuse.

tinsnips
08-13-2018, 10:38 PM
I have a bone headed neighbor that cannot figure out how to take care of a dog, so for at least 5 years the boys an I have been feeding him making sure he has water,a dog house etc. He lives outside in 100 degree temp in the summer to way below zero in the winter. I wish I could do the same to him. Some people should not have pets or kids!

JBinMN
08-13-2018, 11:11 PM
Sometimes... When I read of such things like the OP, I consider that "tar & feathering", or "whipping" with a whip, as was sometimes done in the past is a gentle punishment for the one who deserves so much more...

abunaitoo
08-14-2018, 02:13 AM
That is intentional animal cruelty.
The cops should treat it as a murder.
They should investigate it as if it were a person.
Laws need to be changed.
If you catch the guy,I'll buy the hammer.
And the rope.

KCSO
08-14-2018, 05:17 PM
Are you sure you were not pranked. If a dog was chained to a tree and left the ground around should have been tore to pieces. The chain wrapped around the tree and such. No dog unless it was already dead would just lay there and die. In fact most larger dogs unless it was a real stout chain might have broke free.

The other option is not cruelty but ignorance. I have seen more than one case of an owner putting a dog out on a hot day and finding it dead of heat stroke when they came home. Same a poor dog or even a kid left in the car. Most of them cry like babies that poor muffy is gone and never think for a moment that THEY killed muffy.

jsizemore
08-14-2018, 05:57 PM
I've had the fortune to see a good portion of the world. Sometimes it ain't pretty in places. I pulled down a dead end road on a cliff overlooking the ocean on Guam. I didn't even have a chance to exit the vehicle and admire the view when a truckload of Samoan's pulled up and wanted to know what I was doing down there. Said I was lost and looking for the Naval Station. They gave me detailed directions on how to get there and escorted me to the highway. A truckload of Samoan's is only 6 because they tend to be large.

I grew up in an area of north Florida that was famous for it's homegrown pot. Folks went into production in remote areas and would visit the farm sporadically since they didn't want to be patterned. Other folks took to using dogs to track the growers and raid their fields. In response some growers chained out large dogs along the path to discourage the raiders. Things escalated to land mines and automatic weapons. A raid by authorities would cause a cessation of activity by growers and raiders. Sometimes the critters got left behind.

It wouldn't surprise me that you went down a dead end road that at one time had pot fields or a liquor still and the dog was the alarm.

There are places in the world you aren't meant to go. I'm glad you and the wife and dog made it home.

Crash_Corrigan
08-14-2018, 06:17 PM
I rest easy knowing full well that the person responsible for this horror show will have to answer to a higher power upon his/her demise and the penalty exacted will certainly exceed the fate of the poor dog. There is pure evil in this world and for the Stalin & Hitler types there is the continual fires of h e double hockey sticks. We cannot fathom eternity as humans but just imagine the eternal fires down there and the miserable folks condemned to suffer there for eternity. At 76 I await my expiration date with joy knowing full well what my fate will be in the hereafter. My only concerns are over my wife and my beloved pets which I will leave behind to fend for themselves.

Elkins45
08-14-2018, 08:41 PM
I found a ground stake and a steel cable with a collar attached wrapped around a cedar tree on our farm. It had obviously been there for several years before we bought the place because there were no remains of the dog to be found. It still makes me sad every time I think about it, and that was obviously not intentional. Someone doing that on purpose just fills me with rage. What is wrong with people?

Walks
08-14-2018, 08:58 PM
My DAD, was raised on a Ranch in the 1920-30's. By the time I came along my family lived in the Greater Los Angeles area. We kept two Hunting dogs in their own runs in our back yard. We also had a pair of Dachshunds as pets for us little kids. Every day after school my little brother & I would exercise the Hunting dogs by throwing a red & blue balls across our HUGE backyard. 30minutes every day. One of us would throw the balls, and the other would clean out the 2 30ft dog runs. The Dachshunds would run back and forth with thr big dogs chasing the balls, they never had a chance. But they all had fun.

Even though he was raised on a Ranch and spent his life Hunting & Riding horses, he was adamantly opposed to mistreatment of animals. He taught me the HUNTER'S PRAYER "LORD grant me a clean kill or a clean miss."
All our animals were well treated. Punishment had to be immediate (a pop on the butt with an open hand) or not at all. He said if you punish an animal 2-3+ hours after they poop on the rug, they won't understand why and will only be confused.

We owned horses & boarded them in GRIFFITH Park. Riding on the weekends with DAD, or by ourselves during the week. He had a great love for horses.

Once as we prepared for a ride there was a commotion out behind the stable. When we led our horses outside to mount, there was an English Rider beating his horse in the face with his crop.
It was the only time in my life I ever saw my FATHER become enraged. He threw his horses reins to my Brother and stepped forward and grabbed the man by his shirt collar. He hauled him back and took the crop away from him. He threw it down and spun the man around, then slapped him hard twice. When he let go of the abuser the man feel down.
He sat there stunned for a few moments then got up screaming bloody murder.

Stable staff and other riders came running out. The "man" started screaming that he had been attacked and beaten by my FATHER for no reason.
The Stable MGR asked my FATHER what had happened.

DAD said the "mans" horse had shied as he rode through the stable door. The "man" had fallen of his horse striking his face into the stable door as he fell off.
It was actually against Stable Rules to be mounted inside the stable.
By this time there were about a dozen or so people crowding around.

The "man" started screaming to call the Police.
Burbank PD showed up. The "man" told the Officer that my FATHER had punched him for no reason. The Officer asked my FATHER what had happened. My Dad repeated the same story, my Older Brother backed him up. He then looked at me, I was still holding the "mans" trembling horse, stroking his neck, trying to calm him down. He was a fine big Bay gelding with a BEAUTIFULLY Made English Saddle. He had 4 or 5 welts on his face, one of his eyes was half swollen shut.
I said I was behind my FATHER & Brothers horses and by the time I got outside, the only thing I saw the man sitting on the ground in a pile of horse****. That got a laugh all around. The Officer checked my FATHER'S hands, no marks.

Well make a long story short, the Officer said it was the "mans" word against my FATHER & Brother's.
The "man" stormed off, leaving me holding his horse. The Stable MGR came over and took the gelding from me, saying he would call the Vet.

DAD said mount up, and rode off. We followed the regular fenced trail for a couple of miles. Then we went off marked trail to a small clearing we often lunched at. DAD swung down and sat on a old stump.
We dismounted too.

HE started to talk, " boy's I know you are trying to figure out what just happened. I appreciate your backing me up. I am not a liar, but sometimes?..??... it has to serve a purpose.
You know how I feel about beating an animal, I just lost my temper for a moment. I'd like to tell you how sorry I am that you had to see any of that. I think you can realize that brutality is never pretty and you should avoid those situations whenever you can. But sometimes things just rise up and smack you in the face, and you just react. I should have not lost my temper as I did. Remember this & learn to control your reactions in bad situations.
We will never speak of this again, TO ANYONE.

We rode for a couple of more hours and then back to the stable. As we were rubbing down our horses, the Stable Mgr came to talk to my DAD. He said the VET had told him that he thought the gelding's eye would likely heal without much loss of sight. But the welts might very well leave scars.

The next visit to the Stable we learned the "man" had sent a Horse transport Co. to collect the gelding.

Nobody ever heard another word about that poor animal.

This is the first time I have spoken of it since that day over 50yrs ago.
But DAD and ALAN are both gone now.

Boy Howdy, did I get long winded on this one. Sorry guys

Mr_Sheesh
08-15-2018, 12:41 AM
Viciousness or Stupidity should HURT, your dad made sure it DID, that day. I feel sorry for the horse, I have seen cases where someone took someone else's dog when the dog was being abused. I took one kitten at age 7 weeks from a family where they almost killed her and did kill a sibling of hers; I came in and heard a kitten screaming for help, the energy was WEIRD but somehow no one was looking to see why the kitten was in distress. Felt WRONG. I tracked the kitten down and she was in the washing machine, she'd been washed and the machine stopped, when it went out of balance. I took her out and took her to my place, after she fed on her mother, cleaning her up and holding her that night. No way was I NOT going to take her out of there, I couldn't prove that they did that intentionally but I made sure she was safe after that.

fatelk
08-15-2018, 02:29 PM
Boy Howdy, did I get long winded on this one. Sorry guys

Don’t be sorry at all; that was a great story and a good read. Thank you for sharing that.

Walks
08-16-2018, 12:28 AM
You can't kill a man over abusing an animal. But you can sure make him feel some pain.

Mr_Sheesh
08-17-2018, 12:53 AM
Well, not legally anyways.

ThomR
08-17-2018, 01:43 AM
That's a pretty sad story about the dog. I think it might be possible that the owner was arrested or something happened to the owner and nobody knew about the dog. Maybe I'm just being naive.

mold maker
08-17-2018, 02:25 PM
Makes you wonder about those that "yell Kill the pigs", at protests.

Blanket
08-17-2018, 10:22 PM
I have seen worse things done to humans, and yeah I hate people too

TXGunNut
08-17-2018, 11:43 PM
No, we can't kill cowards who do cruel things to helpless animals or even children. Just because someone deserves killing doesn't mean we should do it. Restraint is a price we pay for living in a civilized society even though it sometimes makes no sense at all. Just remember that karma can be a cruel ......