PDA

View Full Version : I havent been actively on in years

beex215
08-08-2018, 04:28 AM
i wasnt doing any shooting or reloading in 3 years it seems. my reloading setup was dormant and guns were collecting dust. i had an itch. i just bought me a 9mm ar. i always wanted one for years. i just found out that my local shooting range changed there policy about not being able to shoot bare lead bullets anymore. thats all i ever made in the past. 9mm fmj are practically near factory ammo price when you factor in all the rest of the components.

whats new?

Shopdog
08-08-2018, 04:47 AM
What's new?

Beats me,I'm a computer idjit.... haven't figured out how to download the castpics thing at top.And that's "okay",Haha. Would rather be out hunting than alllllmost anything else.Heck,wife threatened divorce,after 35 years? if I didn't get a cell phone...... haha,jokes on her,there ain't any service most places we hunt.The only way you get found is hunting dogs..... NEXT year.

lightman
08-08-2018, 06:33 AM
Not much has changed in the shooting/reloading world. Maybe a few newer powders and a few more companies are making ammunition and brass. Everything you have should still work ok.

jcren
08-08-2018, 08:14 AM
Would your range allow powdercoated bullets?

beex215
08-08-2018, 02:57 PM
you know. powder coating isnt that much more to add to the reloading cost. im gonna have to check with them on that one. technicality its not bare lead.

JSnover
08-08-2018, 04:06 PM
Did they explain the policy? Some indoor ranges won't allow uncoated lead because of airborne lead levels.

Geezer in NH
08-09-2018, 08:48 PM
I would myself would find another range. But that is me.