PDA

View Full Version : OLD my Buttocks!

Brokenbear
08-07-2018, 12:38 AM
Just had a lazy night and was going thru some of the forums with in CB that I have to say I have never been in ....
....Namely the VINTAGE areas ...primers...powder cans ...equipment ...manuals ...etc.
Antique/Vintage my buttocks!!!! ...with exception of a few really early pre WWII era powder cans ...they all look normal to me ...lots of the empties (powder mostly kegs/cans) ...heck fire ..some of those "OLD" manuals are my favorite go to guides ...!#$%^&!(*&!

Don't know if what folks are calling old is depressing me or just gives me the "RA"

Bear

FISH4BUGS
08-07-2018, 06:49 AM
I thought the same thing when I looked in the Vintage Powder Cans / Tins section here. I worked in a large gun shop/sporting goods store my senior year in college ('75)and for 5 years after graduation. Most of those "vintage" powder cans were what we sold in those days.
Maybe it is ME that is becoming "vintage".

jsizemore
08-07-2018, 07:46 AM
Maybe it is ME that is becoming "vintage".

I bet that makes you happy.

Tom W.
08-07-2018, 07:58 AM
Some of the stuff IS vintage to some of the members here.... There are members that are a lot younger than most of us and think a 45 rpm record is vintage.

FISH4BUGS
08-07-2018, 08:13 AM
I bet that makes you happy.
Well, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60....those birthday milestones were just another day. I have to admit turning 70 gave me pause to reflect. Can't say good or bad....just reflect.

bedbugbilly
08-07-2018, 08:50 AM
Some of those things they call "vintage . . . . make me look like a rare "antique". :-)

I performed first person living history programs for schools, colleges, etc. for over 30 years - primarily Civil War but also did one on early Michigan lumberjacks. I was doing a program one day for an elementary school and I took in and old oak hand wind Victrola and proceeded to tell the kids about how we'd listen to it and dance on Saturday nights after a long week in the woods. I grabbed a teacher and off across the floor I took her, dancing a most clumsy dance. When we got done, one of the kids raised their hand and asked . . . "what was that round thing you put on that box?" . . .meaning the "record". I knew then that I was definitely "obsolete".

blackthorn
08-07-2018, 11:58 AM
A few months back Gail and I were at the local mall. As we walked across the parking lot I saw a man and his wife also crossing to the mall. I suddenly realized the gentleman was going to collapse so I ran over and got hold of him, supporting him while his wife went back to their car and got his walker. During my weekend telephone chat with my eldest son (57 YO), I began to relate the above incident thusly: Gail and I were crossing this parking lot when I spotted this old guy about to collapse----. At this point my smart--- son (with a chuckle) said "define old---". Hmmm----