PDA

View Full Version : How to search archives

rockydoc
08-05-2018, 03:46 PM
Is there a Sticky or a location here on the forum that explains how to use the search function?

How do I search for a specific whole phrase, in which, if it doesn’t have the whole phrase, don’t show it. Whenever I search now I get every instance of every single word, resulting in way too many posts that have nothing to do with my search.

Thanks,
Rocky

ShooterAZ
08-05-2018, 03:58 PM
There is two different search functions here. They are located in the tool bar at the top right of the screen just under your profile name and post count. The Google search is the one I usually use, although there is an "advanced search" as well. As far as finding a specific phrase, you may have to do a play on words to find it. May I ask, what is the phrase you are looking for? Maybe I can help.

Camper64
08-05-2018, 04:43 PM
You can try and put multiple words together within quotes (") ie: "380 brass".

Mr_Sheesh
08-05-2018, 08:37 PM
you could also do a Google search with the search phrase in quotes and the added keyword afterwards, site:castboolits.gunloads.com which tells Google to only look at this site. (Most other search engines can do the same.)

JBinMN
08-06-2018, 04:44 AM
you could also do a Google search with the search phrase in quotes and the added keyword afterwards, site:castboolits.gunloads.com which tells Google to only look at this site. (Most other search engines can do the same.)

+1 for that comment. ^That^ is close to how I do it anyway & it works well. Only difference is I put the keyword(s) first & then the site address I am looking to find using the exact type of "specific reference parameter" shown above in the bold.

G'Luck!
:)

Mr_Sheesh
08-06-2018, 06:29 AM
Either way works! I'm not one to insist that "my" way is the only way, I just want the results to be GOOD :)