PDA

View Full Version : Well not a Bullet , But did Cast them

Johnch
08-04-2018, 09:44 PM
I am about to head out to HUNT Large Mouth Bass , Yes it is 9:15 PM and the sun is down
But it was 90 degrees + today and the bass bit better after dark when the day was hot

I only keep channel catfish and let the Bass go

I am going to use 3/8 oz chunks of lead , I cast onto spinner baits
Tonight I will try Black first , but if that isn't working
I will switch to Chartreuse as I have had good catches at night with it

I add a trailer hook and a 3" twister tail to the trailer hook

Some of my spinner baits have willow leaf blades
But I find at night a pair of over sized ( larger than normal ) Colorado , a #4 and a #7 seem to send out more vibrations
IMO the Vibrations are what the bass go after

I will first try a pair of Private ( at a hunt club that I am a member of ) 5 - 6 acre ponds that have a good number of 2-3 Lb bass and some 6+ Lb bass , no one ever seems to catch the larger ones in the daylight
Also about 10 years back I stocked Channel Catfish in them , lots of fun and darn good eating

Then if I have not donated to much blood to the Skeeters
I will fish a shallow state wildlife pond , 40 acers that gets hit hard in the summer and most people only catch a few bass
LOL They don't try after dark or they would

Interesting to have the police and game warden called on you , just because no one thinks I be up to anything good after dark

Monday night a police officer just laughed when he saw my stringer of 4 catfish
He is a member of the Hunt Club , but only hunts with a camera most of the time

Now almost 9:45 PM , time to go fishing

John

Beagle333
08-04-2018, 09:47 PM
Good luck! I used to do very well after dark, but now that I'm older it doesn't hold the allure that it once did, I'm afraid.
Catch a big mess of them!

skeettx
08-04-2018, 10:32 PM
AND when you fish at night do you use a mask and a cape??
Good luck on those good eating catfish, YUM!
Mike

Beau Cassidy
08-12-2018, 09:33 PM
When I had my Ranger Z-21 it was decked out with black lights. We used fluorescent line and fished at night most of the time. The jet skies would sink you otherwise. It was fairly productive, too. I never went by myself and always wore an inflatable PFD. Good electronics were paramount to not messing up.

DerekP Houston
08-13-2018, 10:37 AM
man I'm considering night fishing these days, might need to rig some lights on my boat. Just too darn hot after work and it doesn't start cooling off til sundown. hope you caught some biguns!

quilbilly
08-17-2018, 07:25 PM
I love the evening bite for bass in the lakes around here. I also cast my own spinner baits and jigs. Recently I went old school and started tying bucktails on the spinner baits rather than rubber or silicone skirts. The bass, both smallmouth and largemouth, seem to like them a lot better especially the dark brown with a whist of chartreuse.

Johnch
08-18-2018, 08:35 PM
I love the evening bite for bass in the lakes around here. I also cast my own spinner baits and jigs. Recently I went old school and started tying bucktails on the spinner baits rather than rubber or silicone skirts. The bass, both smallmouth and largemouth, seem to like them a lot better especially the dark brown with a whist of chartreuse.

I have never tied Bucktail on spinner baits
But I do on jigs , as I find both the small mouth and Large mouth bass love a brown / orange bucktail jig slowly fished along the bottom

John

ichthyo
08-18-2018, 09:08 PM
Got a short explanation on how you tie the tail on?