PDA

View Full Version : Bond Arms Derringer...

44Blam
08-03-2018, 12:16 AM
I saw/held/lusted over a Texas Defender at the gun store today...

Anyone shot a 45 long colt in something that small?
I've shot 410 3 ball buck shot in a gun that similar in size and it was manageable - wouldn't want to shoot too many shots...

Anyway, I would love to have two colt 45 rounds ready to go in my pocket...

Chad5005
08-03-2018, 12:32 AM
I have really wanted to see one in person,it looks very well built,i too would like a 45lc

44Blam
08-03-2018, 12:38 AM
I have really wanted to see one in person,it looks very well built,i too would like a 45lc

It's nice! Good and heavy the mechanics are smooth.

The next gun related purchases are already locked in... But I like it.

35 shooter
08-03-2018, 12:44 AM
I have a 3 1/2” bbl. bond arms that’s very comfortable shooting standard 45 colt loads in. Haven’t shot a bbl. shorter than that though.
I would love to have the defender to go with my 2 snake slayers....yeah, I like my derringers lol.

Tom_in_AZ
08-03-2018, 12:51 AM
I wanted one. Until my friend dry fired his and the cheap MIM hammer broke in half. No thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coloraydo
08-03-2018, 12:52 AM
Buddy of mine has one, factory loads (don't know the weight), seemed to me the 45 was a good push, the .410 had a sharper recoil.

The trigger was stout, but manageable for a belly gun. It was fun.

Chad5005
08-03-2018, 01:02 AM
ive owned a lot of derringers over the years from 22 shorts to 41 mag and the bond just looks much heavier and better built

Lloyd Smale
08-03-2018, 05:30 AM
Buddy handed me his one day when we were shooting at his house. He had a 45colt. I shot it and it felt like a stick of dynamite went off in my hand. He had it loaded with a 300 grain lfn and 22 grains of 110. He laughed when I tried handing it back to him and said "its got two barrels!!" He said it looked like my face was twisted in a knot when I shot the second one. First shot hit dead center on a 10 yard bullseye. 2nd shot missed the target all together. Kind of a recoil junky but that one was above my confort zone. He said there brute strong and hes shot his with 24 grains of 110 and a 320. Would make a good last ditch bear protection gun but I guess personaly id just as soon have the bear bite my hand as that thing!

popper
08-03-2018, 10:29 AM
The old ones were pot metal frames. New ones look much better but I don't know what kind of safety trick they use now. They do come in many calibers. I'm looking at the NAA 22 mag. They were junk too but are much better now.

sigep1764
08-03-2018, 01:34 PM
My NAA Mini 22lr goes to the range with me every week for a little bit of fun. It prolly has at least a couple thousand rounds through it. All stainless with a lifetime warranty. It's a keeper.

Tom_in_AZ
08-03-2018, 06:12 PM
The old ones were pot metal frames. New ones look much better but I don't know what kind of safety trick they use now. They do come in many calibers. I'm looking at the NAA 22 mag. They were junk too but are much better now.

They have the notches in between chambers for a safety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

44MAG#1
08-03-2018, 08:33 PM
I bought one one time and used it some. Still to this day cant figure why. Wasn't on any mind altering substances etc.. To me they are an answer to a question that hasn't been asked yet. If the question has been asked it must be a doozy.

Again I mean no harm, hurt, anguish or any malice to anyone reading my answer. I am not baiting, trolling or calling out anyone in any way. Just making a statement based on my knowledge is all.

WheelgunConvert
08-03-2018, 09:42 PM
I have one and have put probably 10-12 45LC through it in 4 years. It works and isa little more tolerable with the extended grip, but I stick with #4 bird as my carry load. It’ll bust a snake at 10-12’ comfortably. It would make a bad day for the 2 legged vermin species as well.
Do look into the bianchi strips to carry 2 or 3 backup pairs. I carry 4 x #4 shells and 2 x 45 LC in my back pocket on the strip

sigep1764
08-04-2018, 01:43 AM
I bought my Mini because it fits in my jeans knife pocket when I am mowing weed eating and cutting down dead trees at the lake. Lots of snakes down there and I hate the little buggers. Quite a few copperhead bites every year. It was cheap and fits the bill.

WheelgunConvert
08-04-2018, 05:53 AM
I bought my Mini because it fits in my jeans knife pocket when I am mowing weed eating and cutting down dead trees at the lake. Lots of snakes down there and I hate the little buggers. Quite a few copperhead bites every year. It was cheap and fits the bill...

What’s a Mini?

sigep1764
08-04-2018, 09:09 AM
North American Arms Mini 22lr. Its very small 5 shot single action derringer/revolver.

popper
08-04-2018, 11:08 AM
Years ago the Gov. hit Bond, NAA, (Heritage ?) & a bunch of other 'Saturday nite' special makers with a law suit, due to materials used. IIRC NAA owner sold to another to continue the product. NAA has notches (the original didn't), don't know what the Bond has. It reminds me of the A.F. survival 45 derringer more than the *** we dropped over Europe.
The NAA mini had a place where you could snap it onto a cowboy belt buckle - worn by a lot of gals in bars/dance halls.