PDA

View Full Version : new bullet tech...Can we use it too?

castalott
08-02-2018, 04:02 PM
You might go here to understand what i am referring to...

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2015/10/23/tested-the-polycase-arx-bullet/

I know little of this but it seems to be hollow point results without the hollow point.

Has anyone ever fluted a boolet and tested it? Could a mold be made to cast such a thing- even if it is 2 opposed flutes? maybe even lead would not work as it might be too heavy. I have a lot of questions but no answers....

country gent
08-02-2018, 04:40 PM
If you PC them then a simple mould could be made similar to the old ideal Perfection ( not sure if this is the right name) with the nose in the ejector pins and no grease grooves. you could then have 3 or 4 flutes as needed. In modern 2 piece blocks the flutes may cause a mechanical lock when the mould is filled and cooled. A pin might be able to be done that incorporates the nose and flutes similar to the hollow pint pins now being used also but release may be tricky.

gwpercle
08-02-2018, 04:49 PM
Get out that 3-D printer and print them up !

475AR
08-02-2018, 07:43 PM
Years ago there was someone producing molds that had several different shapes, here is one that is a Phillips screwdriver shape. 224893
I think it would be possible to do it.

glockfan
08-02-2018, 10:02 PM
interesting alternative. while still not on point ; it still won't defeats basic armor plates . i wonder at what temp the melt polymer-resins gets usable for proper molding ,and release from the molds.

as for the civilian market, i also wonder what would be the price asked in bulk .

i can see the base product in the form of a powder,then it probably melt and can be molded like lead or any metal or polymer.