PDA

View Full Version : The Ninth Circuit has gone absolutley Bananas

762 shooter
07-24-2018, 05:02 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/07/24/liberal-9th-circuit-backs-right-to-carry-firearms-in-public-in-latest-pro-2nd-amendment-ruling.html

I'm at a loss for words.

Smoke4320
07-24-2018, 05:25 PM
Just hope it does not get booted to the full 9 circuit . If so it will get overturned
Heres hoping we just might be turning a corner into the positive

gwpercle
07-24-2018, 05:26 PM
I'm not sure but the article seems to say people in Hawaii have the right to open carry ???

Here in Louisiana it has always been legal to open carry , unlike Texas...no concealed carry permit is required. I can strap on my sixgun and go to anyplace that doesn't prohibit guns .
Have gone into quite a few Walmarts and a local restaurant will even give you a 10% discount for open carrying ...pretty cool place !
Gary

popper
07-24-2018, 06:02 PM
Except the Constitution states the Legislative branch must change laws - not the court. In reality, has NO effect yet. Lots of noise, no action.

nvbirdman
07-24-2018, 06:13 PM
With this decision, Hawaii and California may be forced to become shall issue states.

waksupi
07-24-2018, 07:46 PM
They are seeing the writing on the wall. The way the Supreme Court is shaping up, I don't think they want any firearms case that could be appealed to that level.

aws1963
07-24-2018, 07:52 PM
I suspect it will go En Banc and be overturned as is usually the case with 2A cases in the 9th Circus. Good news is the SCOTUS might be more apt to hear 2A cases now. Especially after Kavanaugh is seated.

Duckiller
07-25-2018, 01:36 AM
This is the second time that Judge Scanlon has said I have the right to carry. Maybe it will stick this time.

abunaitoo
07-25-2018, 04:53 AM
It will be appealed and over turned.
If it does, and if it is pursued, I think the next step would be the supreme court.
The law I want to see discontinued is registration.
It server no purpose except to have a list for disarmament.
cops here say it lets them know, if the call there are going to, may have a firearm.
Common sense is to go in assuming there is a weapon.
cops/state here hate us. They would only be happy if firearms were banned. Except for them of course.
Just like yacking on the cell while driving. They can do it, we can't.

Mr_Sheesh
07-25-2018, 05:04 AM
"shall issue" state here for CPL's; Seems so far, to be a good thing, to me. Guys my size don't get mugged, but women can have a REAL problem, and as I age I won't be considered quite as scary by predators...

Lloyd Smale
07-25-2018, 07:16 AM
If it WAS approved by the supreme court it would make open carry legal everywhere and eliminate permits for ccw. Id bet the liberals are going to really step up there crazy assaults on trumps new nominee now.

shooter93
07-25-2018, 07:20 PM
Start rattling chains if you have a Rino as your Senator and get Kavanaugh seated quickly.