PDA

View Full Version : Lube ring on .45 230gr. RN.

Fixxah
09-19-2008, 10:30 PM
Evening All,

I am wondering if I am lubing correctly? Some of my Star LS bullets come out of sizer have an incomplete lube ring. Is this acceptable or am I doint something wrong? The sizer has Magma heater and i am using Magma's RED lube stix.

Blammer
09-19-2008, 11:16 PM
probably need more pressure to fill the ring completely.

crabo
09-20-2008, 12:50 AM
Or a little more heat on the lube

HeavyMetal
09-20-2008, 11:05 AM
I will also suggest you check the adjustment on the punch. The Star handle comes down and hits a "stop" this is actually the plunger for the injector for the lube. If the punch is set to long, and you stop, you only fill with pressure. If it's set to long and you push through the full handle stroke your pushing your boolits past the lube hole and only getting partial fill of the lube groove.

You can have a ton of pressure on the lube itself but if your not pushing the handle down that last 1/16 of a stroke and pushing the plunger in to push the lube into the lube groove's you will get incomplete "ring fill" on the boolits.

So check the heat, check the pressure and check the punch length. Somewhere along the line your problem will go away.

Fixxah
09-20-2008, 03:28 PM
Thanks for the help guys. I will check on setup later after I install duct and fan for furnace.