PDA

View Full Version : Site donations

abunaitoo
07-18-2018, 03:53 PM
I've been getting request for donations from some other forums I'm on.
I send a email asking what their stand on the Second Amendment is.
I got one that said they don't take a stand on anything political. They say they are neutral.
I don't go there often.
What do you think????
Donate or not????

salpal48
07-18-2018, 04:54 PM
there are a lot of sites. The prime objective of Most Is Trying to separates you from your Money. Remember this before you donate of Give them correct Info

lefty o
07-18-2018, 05:06 PM
most sites sell advertising, and imo if they do they dont need donations. sadly a lot of sites prey on their members. hate to break it to them, or anybody, but sites with a decent number of members are worth very good money. so unless a site is very small, they will more than recover operating expenses between advertising and ultimately selling it on the back end.

David2011
07-18-2018, 10:30 PM
It might depend on the subject matter of the forum. I participate primarily here and on RCGroups, a radio control forum. They don't have a cow if someone mentions firearms but they don't allow firearms products in the classifieds. The owner says he's all for firearms; there are just better places to sell firearms items than RCGroups. I don't have a problem with that. Not every site needs to promote firearms. I won't support one that's overtly (or covertly) anti-2A, though.