PDA

View Full Version : Texas Drivers

richhodg66
07-14-2018, 08:48 PM
Had to do a whirlwind trip down to College Station and back. Now, I had a Texas Driver's license for most of the time I was in the Army, have lived in the state off and on, was born there, but it's been a few years since I really drove deep into it (most of my travels for a long time were just to Decatur from here and back).

When did Texas apparently make it a requirement to be a stupid ******* to get a driver's license? It is so prevalent that it must be a systemic thing. Funny because as a group, they tend to be pretty friendly folks in face to face interaction. I never want to have to drive there again, though.

MyFlatline
07-14-2018, 09:04 PM
Now , the wife is a Texan but right now there is as slew of them working in Florida. They drive like the dickens and the cops are writing them as fast as they can,,,so they must be slow also..

MUSTANG
07-14-2018, 09:10 PM
They must be California transplants. In Nevada, Utah, Idaho, and Montana seems the California Plates are on most of the eratic/high risk cars I see on the road.

bayjoe
07-14-2018, 09:14 PM
Most of the Texas drivers are up here in Colorado keeping our blood pressure up

am44mag
07-14-2018, 09:19 PM
Not our fault if you can't keep up with us. :p

If you want to see what bad driving is, go down I10 in Louisiana.

Hossfly
07-14-2018, 09:23 PM
You get those Texas drivers to cross the Red or Sabine River into Louisiana and we’ll show you what real pot holes are like, some you can loose a whole tire in.

GhostHawk
07-14-2018, 09:31 PM
North Dakota Drivers have gotten really bad the last 20 years. We even have our own move named for us.
The "Dakota slide" where people change 2 or 3 lanes with no signal to be seen. Normally cutting someone off in the process.

Had one do it to me 5 years ago, idiot was in far right lane of 3 lane one way road. I'm in far left.
He realized he forgot to get gas and cut across 3 busy lanes of traffic to dive into a gas station.

I saw him coming and was on the brakes or I'd of t-boned him. He missed my right front corner by less than 6 inches.

No consideration, no thinking, no waiting until after that big truck goes by. Just pull out and go slow and expect not to get run over. Devil take the hindmost. I may save 3 seconds.

abunaitoo
07-14-2018, 09:41 PM
It's like a plague.
It started in kakafonicate, and is spreading across the country.
We, in hawaii, are already infected.
Kind of like the show Walking Dead.
They walk around with no brains, no honor, no respect, only care about themselves. .
I keep watching Walking Dead, to find out what the cure is going to be.

nicholst55
07-14-2018, 09:50 PM
I've driven in most of these United States, and a handful of foreign countries. Washington D.C. is tied with New York City for the worst drivers. Dallas rates in the top 10. The rest of the country has it's areas where I would prefer to ride, rather than drive, but the U.S. as whole doesn't hold a candle to Saudi Arabia or Kuwait for bad drivers.

richhodg66
07-14-2018, 09:58 PM
I've driven in most of these United States, and a handful of foreign countries. Washington D.C. is tied with New York City for the worst drivers. Dallas rates in the top 10. The rest of the country has it's areas where I would prefer to ride, rather than drive, but the U.S. as whole doesn't hold a candle to Saudi Arabia or Kuwait for bad drivers.

I'll agree with Saudi and Kuwait. Seemed like they accounted for it by building all the roads with very wide lanes and big medians.

Battis
07-14-2018, 10:27 PM
I live in Massachusetts. In the past few years, we've taken trips in Wyoming, Montana, North and South Dakota, and Utah. Each trip is 1,500 to 1,800 miles of driving over a week or so. I can count on one hand the number of tailgaters or rude drivers we encountered. Maybe it's the wide open roads, or the 80 MPH speed limits, but people on the roads out there seem to be much more polite and reasonable than back East, even in the cities. 4 out of 5 cars that drive by my house have drivers that are texting (probably anti gun messages).
Sorry guys, when it comes to ***** drivers, we got the market cornered.

AZ Pete
07-14-2018, 10:42 PM
I attribute it to no longer having Driver's Ed. taught in school. You know, budget cuts in our education system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Walks
07-14-2018, 11:06 PM
I've been driving in CA for fifty years. I really noticed the " furrin" drivers from other states when I came home from the SERVICE. It seemed that every 3rd or 4th License plate seemed to by from MICHIGAN or new york. That's when driving in CA started to go down the tubes. All them "furrin" drivers brought their bad habits with them. They taught us what is now referred to as the "CALIFORNIA STOP.

I remember driving across country in 1975. From Bethesda,MD to Long Beach, CA. Stuck to the Interstates mostly. People drove fast and hard. Get off the Interstate East of West Texas you took your life in your hands.

LynC2
07-15-2018, 12:21 AM
If you think the drivers are bad in Texas, you should see the crazies in New Mexico.

azrednek
07-15-2018, 05:28 AM
They must be California transplants. In Nevada, Utah, Idaho, and Montana seems the California Plates are on most of the eratic/high risk cars I see on the road.

One good thing I discovered about California drivers. Traveling on freeways at 65+ bumper to bumper. Put on a turn signal to change lanes. The California drivers immediately open a gap giving one room to move over. My state of Arizona and others I've driven. Many drivers will move up taking up any room making a lane change nearly impossible. Just to many drivers believe the road in front belongs to them.

RED BEAR
07-15-2018, 06:47 AM
texas has no corner on them they are everywhere. i can't believe the way people drive. i have been cursed at for stopping at a stop sign slowing to let someone merge doing the speed limit ( always stay in slow ane when on the inters ). had one fellow run a stop sign and cuss me saying i should get out of his way . i just wave and say hellow. this makes some people cuss me even more go figure.

FISH4BUGS
07-15-2018, 06:55 AM
When did Texas apparently make it a requirement to be a stupid ******* to get a driver's license? It is so prevalent that it must be a systemic thing.

Clearly you have never been in Massachusetts. They STARTED the whole moron driver thing.

FISH4BUGS
07-15-2018, 06:57 AM
i live in massachusetts. Sorry guys, when it comes to ***** drivers, we got the market cornered.

never a truer word was spoken!

NyFirefighter357
07-15-2018, 07:29 AM
I drive between 125-200 miles a day in NY, these are my observations. City people can't drive, they never get over 25 miles an hour in a city, once above 40mph they don't know what to do and they don't normally travel outside the city. They are basically lost once they leave there area. They also are used to driving with street lights and traffic signals, take them away and they can't see at night & don't know what to do at an intercession. Many of the worst drivers are foreign born and bring there bad habit driving "skills" here. Next are the "pacemakers" They decide they will set cruise control at 5-8mph over speed limit and stay in left lane driving. The middle lane is the slow lane drive at speed limit or less but don't want to be interrupted in the right lane with merging traffic. The right lane is jammed up with people who want to move over but no one will allow them in. Turning your signal on tells the person next to you that you want to get in front of them (cut them off) they won't allow it! I find also the more expensive the car the more aggressive the driver. I often see two or three fancy cars racing against each other through commuter traffic. Then you have the toy cars that the "kids" like to drive, stay away from them! Here these kids drive the Honda's and Subaru's with the rear wheels cambered so far positive that only half the tire is touching the road. All in all you can tell a drivers skills by the looks of the car, lots of stickers/heap of junk stay away, they drive slow and erratic. Watch for the shiny fancy cars/suv's in the rear view they will be blowing by you and changing lanes with little clearance and may be racing. One other to avoid, the SUV with the stick figure family on the rear window, she's speeding, talking or texting while holding her phone. Oh and when it's snowing stay away from them all as they don't have snow tires and they are all driving white knuckled and scared or without regard to weather conditions as they have 4WD!

NyFirefighter357
07-15-2018, 07:31 AM
I live in Massachusetts. Sorry guys, when it comes to ***** drivers, we got the market cornered.

They call them Mass-holes for a reason!

DocSavage
07-15-2018, 07:44 AM
Lately I've run into people that are in a rush to go nowhere. Yesterday I had to bring my car in for service,I have to take an exit off of our Route 1 to get there. Now this is a single lane that splits at one point for traffic going North or South. I'm taking the exit for North bound at 30 mph fellow in an SUV blows by me on my right side startled me for a sec and gained maybe 2 car lengths Forgot to add the exit speed is 30 mph and it's a long curve may be a tenth of a mile but a hard 180 curve the type if you're going to fast you could easily fly off the road.

buckwheatpaul
07-15-2018, 07:48 AM
Had to do a whirlwind trip down to College Station and back. Now, I had a Texas Driver's license for most of the time I was in the Army, have lived in the state off and on, was born there, but it's been a few years since I really drove deep into it (most of my travels for a long time were just to Decatur from here and back).

When did Texas apparently make it a requirement to be a stupid ******* to get a driver's license? It is so prevalent that it must be a systemic thing. Funny because as a group, they tend to be pretty friendly folks in face to face interaction. I never want to have to drive there again, though.

We have over 1,000 people moving here a day.....I think that what you are talking about are mostly, not completely, the transplants......

Thin Man
07-15-2018, 07:50 AM
Texas must have learned something from the Twin Cities (Minneapolis - St. Paul). The interstates up there are certified combat zones. Every time I passed by a lane for driver to enter the interstate I had to hold a foot over the brake pedal. All of the cars coming onto the interstate simply ignored all the other traffic already on the interstate and entered their lane of choice, didn't matter how many or how close other cars were already occupying those lanes. I occasionally have flashbacks of my 5 months there, wondering how we escaped without injury.

Petrol & Powder
07-15-2018, 07:59 AM
I don't think there's a place on this earth free of idiots.

Newboy
07-15-2018, 08:02 AM
Rural Texas is the only place I have ever driven where the cars on a two lane road will pull over on the shoulder to let you pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sparkyv
07-15-2018, 08:03 AM
My observation: It's because of the overwhelming influx of foreigners. They drive like they were back home in Pakistan or Hong Kong, and the native Texans have had to learn to do the same just to keep up! Used to have road signs that said "Drive Friendly". Don't see them much anymore.

MUSTANG
07-15-2018, 02:09 PM
I attribute it to no longer having Driver's Ed. taught in school. You know, budget cuts in our education system.

Budget cuts? Decades ago in Texas took Drivers Education at age 16 and had to pay for it (Summer with School Teachers "Double Dipping" at another job).

Of course; the ludicrous part was that I had been driving Grain Trucks and Pulling Cotton Wagons to the Cotton Gin since I was 8. Back then come harvest time everyone pitched in to get the "Cash Crops In". Of course; myself and the scores and score of cousins had no drivers licenses, but then again the Sheriff's Deputies and Highway Patrol were helping their families get the Harvest in unless a "Call" came in, then they would go "Police". Times have changed.

Hickok
07-15-2018, 02:36 PM
We get a lot of tourists here, and I do look out for certain brands of cars. (Hope none of you take offense if you own this brand), but the most arrogant, obnoxious, self-important drivers seem to always drive a BMW.

dbmjr1
07-15-2018, 02:48 PM
My experience driving in Texas is: If you're not doing at least 75mph on a two lane blacktop, they'll run you right over.

Duckiller
07-15-2018, 03:31 PM
Must agree with Fish4Bugs and Battis. When I was in the service in the late 60s and stationed in New Hampshire we knew to avoid cars with Mass plates. They lived in a very corrupt state and had nothing to live for and drove like it. Texans have no hope . They have the worlds weirdest off ramps on their freeways. I assume LBJ got them an exception from the national standards. Biggest problem Calif has is recent emigrants in Mercedes Benz. They know that taxi cabs don't cost $100,000. so they think they have bought part of the road and drive like they own all of it.

WILCO
07-15-2018, 03:41 PM

***** drivers are universal.
When the government lowers the standards that society operates under, everyone loses.
Now that legalized pot has been added to the mix, it will get interesting................

WILCO
07-15-2018, 03:42 PM
Rural Texas is the only place I have ever driven where the cars on a two lane road will pull over on the shoulder to let you pass.

I do that from time to time. Let the idiots go by.

ghh3rd
07-15-2018, 04:20 PM
I live in Florida… we get them all.

Biggin
07-15-2018, 08:05 PM
I've driven a bucket truck in a lot of different states. I used to think Miami Florida was the worst I'd seen until last winter. We did 3600 miles up to the northeast for the snow storms. I did most of the driving. Driving through new York city was a new experience!! Speed limits said 55 our trucks are governed at 65 and everyone else was running 85. Then everything would stop with no warning. I thought my pole buddy was gonna stomp a hole in the floor looking for the brakes and i was the one driving!!!

dg31872
07-15-2018, 08:23 PM
I drive in College Station all the time. It's a lot better when the Aggies are gone for the summer.
But Houston is where the crazies live. We go there about once or twice a month and if you are not doing 80 you better have a ramp built over your truck so they go over you.

472x1B/A
07-15-2018, 08:33 PM
Now wait just a minute. In 35 post not once did I see the state of Illinois mentioned. Going out on a limb here ok, but we have everybody beat for horrible automobile operators, point blank! The worst of the worst. ( This Not a thread hijack by the way OP.) Thank you all for the heads up everyone.

fatelk
07-16-2018, 02:04 AM
I hear people complain about the drivers here in the Pacific Northwest all the time. We had a couple engineers from the east coast at work a while back, and one of them was complaining about how slow everyone drives here; he was aghast that so many people drive the speed limit! He loudly proclaimed, several times, that where he's from, he never drives slower than 80 mph! Congrats to you buddy, I was thinking; here's to a long and healthy life.

What's so wrong about slowing down a bit and following the rules of the road? Why does everyone have to be in such a dang hurry all the time, so uptight and aggressive? I hate aggressive drivers, can't stand them. Yes, I know some of them just grew up that way and don't know any better, but I try my best to stay as far away from them as possible on the road.

My theory is that the denser the population, the more aggressive and inconsiderate the drivers tend to be. In rural Oregon where I grew up, I don't remember it being like that at all. In big, crowded cities you have to learn to be an aggressive jerk or you'll get run over.

A friend of mine lived in the Portland area for a while. There is a large Russian immigrant population there. He once told me that if you see someone driving like the proverbial bat-out-of-hell with complete reckless abandon and disregard for rules and safety, you can bet it's a Russian. He said he had Russian friends and they all drove that way. That's how they all drove in Russia so that's how they drive here.

Another friend went to Italy on vacation and came back talking about Rome. He said absolutely nothing in America comes close for scary bad driving.

fatelk
07-16-2018, 02:08 AM
Once last little anecdote about Texas drivers: my wife has a friend who moved here from Texas, Dallas I think, Texas born and raised. She's a very nice person, but the absolute worst driver I've ever seen. She got so many tickets here that they pulled her license. She really couldn't understand what the problem was; she never had that much trouble in Texas.

Walks
07-16-2018, 02:23 AM
In CALIFORNIA, we have asian female drivers in their 40's-50's that were never behind the wheel of a car until they came here. I have no idea how they pass A DRIVER'S TEST. Unfortunately our CA DMV will give written tests in over 20 Languages. And they allow an Interpreter in the back seat for the actual PHYSICAL DRIVERS TEST. Usually the woman's husband.

GhostHawk,
That "Dakota slide" is actually a "VALLEY LANE CHANGE". It was "invented" in the SAN FERNANDO VALLEY in Los Angeles, CA back in the mid 1960's.

It consists of "flooring it" at the bottom of the on ramp, upon reaching the top of the ramp, you make a 90 degree left turn until you reach the #1/ inside lane. Then you make a right turn to straighten out into the lane.

You don't see it too much anymore. Too much traffic these days.

Col4570
07-16-2018, 02:49 AM
I must say the Police in VA are most courteous,1974 on I 95 Driving a Chevrolet Pickup it was pouring down with Rain and the wipers had stopped working so I pulled into the hard shoulder trying to find the Fuse Box (Englishman Driving a American Car)I had the Bonnet Lifted (Hood)searching when I was aware of a cruiser pulling in,a trooper abot 7 ft tall approaching undoing the pressstud on his holster.He asked me what was the problem then told me I was looking in the wrong place and that U S A cars where sophisticated and had the Fuse box in the Cab.Anyway to make along story short he found there where no spare fuses so he supplied some (no Charge) and got me on my way.Just a minor event during my 6 month working stay in your great country but it sticks in my mind to this day.

sutherpride59
07-16-2018, 07:37 AM
It's like a plague.
It started in kakafonicate, and is spreading across the country.
We, in hawaii, are already infected.
Kind of like the show Walking Dead.
They walk around with no brains, no honor, no respect, only care about themselves. .
I keep watching Walking Dead, to find out what the cure is going to be.

We’re not the problem lol. Y’all are the problem lol, it’s not our fault none of you fools ever learned how to drive!

glockfan
07-16-2018, 08:10 AM
If you think the drivers are bad in Texas, you should see the crazies in New Mexico.

that is so true. visited a relative in albuquerque in january 3 year ago . one morning there was some little snow on the highway ,lasted couple hours at best,but cars were crashed everywhere ......had to roll around the city to see things.....pffft,i was wondering if we were in florida . tailgating,fishtailing.....anything goes. was the worst driving experience i've ever had LOL.

woodbutcher
07-16-2018, 12:44 PM
:( Some of the worst drivers in my area are the LEOs.In the last three months,I have almost been T-boned three times by them when they ran red lights with a cell phone stuck in their ear.NO emergency lights OR sirens going.Of course,we have an abundance of pill head/meth heads too.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo

GOPHER SLAYER
07-16-2018, 04:03 PM
I will not comment on which state has the worst drivers but I will give you a warning about which state is the best at handing out tickets for speeding or whatever and that is New Mexico. RTE IO & RTE 40 are the state's biggest source of income.

popper
07-16-2018, 04:07 PM
+1 ^
Actually it's a population density thing. With DFW building apartments at the present rate, like NYC. Can't build the roads wide or fast enough.

David2011
07-16-2018, 08:38 PM

I attribute it to the general lack of manners in society today.

Sent from a real computer using my fingers. :grin:

fast ronnie
07-16-2018, 11:02 PM
One good thing I discovered about California drivers. Traveling on freeways at 65+ bumper to bumper. Put on a turn signal to change lanes. The California drivers immediately open a gap giving one room to move over. My state of Arizona and others I've driven. Many drivers will move up taking up any room making a lane change nearly impossible. Just to many drivers believe the road in front belongs to them.

Got news for you. They mostly WON"T let you in. Many speed up. And talk about lane change --- fast lane to exit (3 lanes) --- in a couple hundred feet, and that's in bumper to bumper. The rural road that I have to travel to go anywhere is two lane with a speed limit of 55. Many drive 75 or more. I have been passed on double yellow as many as five times in ten miles. Neighbor was killed in a head-on by a law enforcement officer late for work. That was on a double yellow on a blind hill. Their being five minutes late is more important than your life.

3AXBAT
07-17-2018, 12:37 AM
Well, Bexar county has 1 in 6 drivers uninsured. Feeling lucky?

Walks
07-17-2018, 01:16 AM
I've driven CALIFORNIA Freeways for almost 50yrs.
We have so many **** prius's that can't get out of their own way that That's gotta slow down overall speed by five miles an hour.
I drove as a passenger in my neighbor's prius last month. TOTAL GUTLESS ***. NO ACCELERATION.

And those **** "furrin" drivers from new york & boston who don't understand how to drive on Dry Pavement in Bright Sunlight.

LynC2
07-17-2018, 07:47 AM
that is so true. visited a relative in albuquerque in january 3 year ago . one morning there was some little snow on the highway ,lasted couple hours at best,but cars were crashed everywhere ......had to roll around the city to see things.....pffft,i was wondering if we were in florida . tailgating,fishtailing.....anything goes. was the worst driving experience i've ever had LOL.

Very true, I thought the drivers in El Paso were bad until I moved here. While stopping for a red light I've seen 3 drivers run it on the red, one after the other. Then we have many out there driving with multiple (8 or 10) DUI convictions and it seems the judges let them off with a slap on the wrist at most until they kill someone. :( I avoid driving here at night because of it.

fatelk
07-17-2018, 11:13 AM
I have a very good job opportunity in Albuquerque; you all aren’t giving me a good feeling about moving there!

Actually I’ve already turned it down, for other reasons. It is still open though, and I’ve mulled it over many times whether I should revisit the idea.

Char-Gar
07-18-2018, 10:12 AM
There are good drivers and bad drivers everywhere you go in the US. In urban areas they are a bigger problem because of number of cars on the roads. I just buy into any of this regional stuff.

richhodg66
07-18-2018, 10:29 AM
It was prevalent enough that it was regional. Crossed the border back into Oklahoma and only saw one driver acting like that and, you guessed it, Texas plates. Wasn't just in Fort Worth either, out on the open interstate. Just something about the culture there.

Mytmousemalibu
07-18-2018, 12:08 PM
My hometown, Wichita is ranked the 25th worst city and pretty much all the cities rated worse are much larger metropolises. I know for fact we have ranked worse in the past, it bounces around. So per capita, it's atrocious.

I have come to believe our DMV's have been replaced by a bank of gumball machines that dispense drivers licenses. We're up to our necks with window licking retards here.

In short, its a good thing murder illegal.

Geezer in NH
07-18-2018, 01:48 PM
I live in Massachusetts. In the past few years, we've taken trips in Wyoming, Montana, North and South Dakota, and Utah. Each trip is 1,500 to 1,800 miles of driving over a week or so. I can count on one hand the number of tailgaters or rude drivers we encountered. Maybe it's the wide open roads, or the 80 MPH speed limits, but people on the roads out there seem to be much more polite and reasonable than back East, even in the cities. 4 out of 5 cars that drive by my house have drivers that are texting (probably anti gun messages).
Sorry guys, when it comes to ***** drivers, we got the market cornered.

I have to agree with him. MA has the worst drivers in the NE. I worked there and the only good drivers were the ones commuting to and from work what they do after that is the most rude jerks known to man Northern New England has a name for them that all the local comics use as it is so common. Can't say it here.

gwpercle
07-18-2018, 05:08 PM
It isn't just Texas.....don't get me started on idiotic drivers. National epidemic with no cure in sight.

When I was a young driver motorcycle cops were behind every other bush...run a stop sign , speed , have a loud muffler, peel out (screech your tires) and you got a ticket.....Today drivers violate every rule, law and ordinance and nobody get a ticket... I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a cop giving a driver a ticket . A law without consequences is merely a suggestion .

lefty o
07-18-2018, 05:16 PM
:( Some of the worst drivers in my area are the LEOs.In the last three months,I have almost been T-boned three times by them when they ran red lights with a cell phone stuck in their ear.NO emergency lights OR sirens going.Of course,we have an abundance of pill head/meth heads too.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo

you got it, some cops drive so badly they should not have licenses. lots of good ones, but way out of proportion to drivers who cant give you a ticket for bad driving!

David2011
07-18-2018, 06:41 PM

We've made several trips from New Mexico to Houston in the past year. We've gone to driving rural roads until we intercept I-10 east of San Antonio. Traffic is light, people on rural roads tend to have manners unless driving very expensive cars and yes, they will pull over to let you pass if they're going slow.

My experience driving in Texas is: If you're not doing at least 75mph on a two lane blacktop, they'll run you right over.

The speed limit on many 2 lane blacktops in Texas is 75.

Agreed that Albuquerque and I-40, especially west of Albuquerque is scary. The traffic even 30 years ago was bumper to bumper, mostly heavy trucks. Last time I drove it the entrance ramps were very short and there is no chance of a trucker lifting their foot off of the pedal to let you in. A Prius or Tercel entering I-40 would be life threatening. I don't think bad driving is regional. It seems to be that the closer I get to a large metro area the more aggressive the driving becomes. Even in smaller towns like where I currently live there is no shortage of people that will blast past, cut in front, slam on the brakes and turn into a business or side street with a half mile of empty road behind me.

Boaz
07-18-2018, 07:13 PM
Drivers everywhere are ill mannered . The big cities are pathetic . There is no mercy on the highway anymore. I remember when Texas had the ..'DRIVE FRIENDLY !' signs on all the highways but no more .

I live bout 120 miles west of Dallas , I have been making trips to a doctor there and feel like I have cheated death every time I go . Was stuck on the George Bush Expressway for ...THREE AND A HALF HOURS ! People were getting out of their vehicles acting nuts , been taking a pee jug and a few bottles of water since then . Was 109 degrees today ….poor time to get stuck on top of an overpass for who knows how long .

As a rule I go around the big cities now days , might take an extra hour to go around but it's more scenic and I'm in no hurry anyway .

popper
07-18-2018, 07:26 PM
Now this is a problem. Local bank got held up today, by a 36yr old gal who poured gas & lighter fluid on the floor. resisted LE and ran to car, using small child as a shield. LE grabbed the kid and took the gal in custody. Brainless.

lefty o
07-18-2018, 09:28 PM
Now this is a problem. Local bank got held up today, by a 36yr old gal who poured gas & lighter fluid on the floor. resisted LE and ran to car, using small child as a shield. LE grabbed the kid and took the gal in custody. Brainless.

but how was her driving? LOL

popper
07-19-2018, 01:17 PM
after mace & taser, she ran to the car. so I guess it would have been kinda wild.

jdb3
07-19-2018, 02:13 PM
I don't know what you are talking about, I drove from Norman, OK to Dallas, TX in 1970. About the worst trip I've ever driven, especially in Dallas. Texas has this idea that making an overpass that stops (goes no where) to trap the uninitiated is fun. If you get in the wrong lane no one will let you back in, they just drive by, point and laugh. I guess it just makes them feel superior. What we Alaskans tell them is watch out, we will cut Alaska in half and make Texas the third largest State in the US! Jim

arlon
07-19-2018, 10:42 PM
I think it's largely endemic to the younger drivers. I do a lot of road trips around the country and see it everywhere. The number of unlicensed/undocumented drivers doesn't help anything in Texas.