PDA

View Full Version : Google Scam ?????

knifemaker
07-04-2018, 02:44 PM
I received a email from Google that someone logged into my Google account with a "Apple ipod device" and Google wanted to know if it was me.
Then I received a second email that my Google password has been changed and if it was not me to click on to their web browser address , Google accounts, to recover my password. Is this a scam ?:(

Omega
07-04-2018, 02:49 PM
I received a email from Google that someone logged into my Google account with a "Apple ipod device" and Google wanted to know if it was me.
Then I received a second email that my Google password has been changed and if it was not me to click on to their web browser address , Google accounts, to recover my password. Is this a scam ?:(

Possibly, go to our Google account directly, not the email link and check it.

JSnover
07-04-2018, 03:49 PM
Move your cursor onto the link in the email without clicking it. Usually this will show you the actual web address of the link after a second or two. You could also copy and paste the link into your browser (don't click it) and it will do the same thing.
Or do what Omega said and just login to your account, see what's going on.

knifemaker
07-04-2018, 10:56 PM
Omega thank you and JSnover for your reply. I did what Omega suggested and it was not a scam. It was from my Google gmail account and I changed password. Again thanks for the information.

Omega
07-04-2018, 11:52 PM
Omega thank you and JSnover for your reply. I did what Omega suggested and it was not a scam. It was from my Google gmail account and I changed password. Again thanks for the information.I set my security settings to send me a code by text which I need to enter into any new computer, phone or tablet I log in from. This keeps anyone from "guessing" your password and accessing your account.

Moonie
07-06-2018, 09:43 PM
This was not google, do not use any link in any e-mail to log into anything that you are not 100% positive you initiated. Go to your google account directly, not following any links, and change the password just to make sure there is no issue.

Handloader109
07-07-2018, 07:19 PM
A lot of services, Google, yahoo, Apple, and others now offer text to confirm logins and two step verification. Just know when you do something like this and expect a text....

Sent from my KFAUWI using Tapatalk

Rcmaveric
07-08-2018, 12:04 AM
Don't click the email links. Go straight to your account and log in and change your email. They got my wife and hacked her account and used her Google Pay to scam her out of 500 bucks.

jonp
07-08-2018, 07:59 AM
Good Advice is whenever getting an email from Google, Facebook, banks, credit card companies etc requesting you change your password, information on you or your accounts do not click on any link. Go directly to that companies website and do what you have to do. Never click on links.