PDA

View Full Version : CWP in SC

Jim
09-18-2008, 05:32 AM
A coupla' months back, my wife and I moved from Columbia to Charleston. I got the address changed on my driver's license in the first coupla' weeks, Last week, I remembered "Ohm'gosh!" I forgot to get my address changed on my CWP.

I called Sled, got hold of regulatory and the guy was real nice. $5 and the problem is solved. HOWEVER, he told me that if the address on my license is different from my permit, my permit is temporarily VOID!

I've been carrying illegally!:shock: Don't know about outside SC, but if yer driver's licence address doesn't match yer carry permit address, you might wanna check into that.

HATCH
09-18-2008, 06:53 AM
It really isn't a issue as much as a hassle in SC.
Basically they would issue you a fine, then when you went to court and showed the newly issued CWP with the correct address they would drop the fine.
Most of the time the police would not even hassle you over that issue.
I have asked several that I know with different departments (even some in the CCSD) and they responded with the same.

On another note, since you just moved where were you getting your lead from up here in Columbia so I can start collecting from them now :-)

Jim
09-18-2008, 08:00 PM
Hatch, I'm tryin' to remember the name of the place and can't. It's a custom wheel and tire shop on Broad River Rd. and they're about a mile towards Columbia from the SLED compound. If you're looking toward town, it'll be on the right. I was givin' the guy $20 for a bucket. The buckets kept getting lighter and the wheel weights kept getting fewer and the stick-ons kept getting more.
Sorry, that's all I can remember.

Muddy Creek Sam
09-18-2008, 08:15 PM
Evening Jim.

How is it going?

Sam