PDA

View Full Version : What brand mug?

buggybuilder
07-01-2018, 07:57 PM
Starting to think about the fall deer hunt. I need a mug that will keep my coffee warm for 2+ hrs. Suggestions please!
Not a thermos, just a mug.

Hossfly
07-01-2018, 08:01 PM
Yeti keeps coffee warm at least 2 hrs.

AZ Pete
07-01-2018, 08:24 PM
Who takes two hours to drink a cup of coffee?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jake McCracken
07-01-2018, 08:43 PM
Ive been using this at work for years. Cold winters in a steel mill and still hot coffee for hours.

Can be had for $25 at WalMarthttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180702/68ab3b4c01b41228bfa5f23e5ebbb939.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Sweetpea
07-01-2018, 08:46 PM
My yeti keeps mine warm for hours, I work in the mornings, so I don't have time to just sit and drink it.

I most likely will not buy a yeti again, due to their treatment of the NRA.

My mossy oak from Walmart is just as good, and probably made in the same factory in China.

Handloader109
07-01-2018, 09:38 PM
I won't say all are the same, watch for the cheapest brands that have a running seam inside cup, avoid those. Any in rough yeti shape, Ozark trails, rtic, mossy oak, are the same and will keep coffee warm, and ice solid for a long time.

Sent from my KFAUWI using Tapatalk

RayinNH
07-01-2018, 09:45 PM
I received one of these for Christmas from my son. I cut firewood in the winter and on a ten degree day it will keep coffee hot for at least four hours (assuming you don't drink any so the cup stays full). It also works great at keeping cold stuff cold.
https://www.amazon.com/Contigo-SnapSeal-Vacuum-Insulated-Stainless-Travel/dp/B00T7MM39S/ref=sr_1_5/132-7606130-4802117?ie=UTF8&qid=1530495260&sr=8-5&keywords=contigo

bob208
07-01-2018, 09:46 PM
we use sub zero bottles. it takes about two hours for my tea to cool to drink also does just as well for cold.

rl69
07-01-2018, 09:53 PM
Rtic mugs

bedbugbilly
07-01-2018, 09:54 PM
It's been a long time since I hunted deer . . . just curious . . when you take your coffee to the woods to deer hunt, do the deer bring the doughnuts? :-)

When I did hunt, I probably SHOULD have taken coffee to the woods with me. I can remember taking some of my best "naps" sitting leaned back against a tree, my warm wool clothing pulled up around my neck, sitting on a blanket folded up on a cold November day in the Michigan woods! LOL

lefty o
07-01-2018, 10:05 PM
yeti has gone anti gun, id not buy one if it was the only choice.

Tom W.
07-01-2018, 10:27 PM
It's been a long time since I hunted deer . . . just curious . . when you take your coffee to the woods to deer hunt, do the deer bring the doughnuts? :-)

The deer bring raisins.....

Before Yeti pulled their stunt I bought a cup and two handles for my wife. I went to Walmart and got an Ozark trail brand. I did notice that the sticker said not to put the Ozark trail cup in the dishwasher, but the cap was ok . Yeti said theirs was dishwasher safe. Beyond that I have seen no difference.

StolzerandSons
07-01-2018, 10:40 PM
My wife and I both have 20oz RTIC double wall tumblers. If you preheat them with hot water before pouring your coffee in they will keep it from loosing much temp for several hours.

I use mine while I'm working for ice water and last week in 100+ degree heat I still had ice in my cup after 9 hours and several fill-ups with fresh water.

We chose RTIC over Yeti because after reading lots of reviews and comparisons they both seemed to work equally well but the RTIC was much cheaper and now that Yeti has kicked the NRA it's just one more reason to choose RTIC.

Bazoo
07-01-2018, 10:41 PM
I have 2 yetis that work well. Which brand is not anti gun now?

lightman
07-02-2018, 06:30 AM
My Wife and I both have Yeti and they work great. The Ozark Trail and Rtic are cheaper and like another poster said, probably made in the same chinese factory. Some of the plastic Big Gulp cups work well too.

jonp
07-02-2018, 07:12 AM
Walmart brand Ozark. Yes, they work just as well as mugs costing several times more. After Yeti's little spat with The NRA I wouldn't touch that oversized Gucci Brand with a ten ft pole. Your paying for a name much like North Face, Patagonia etc. Why support a company that doesn't like you?

jonp
07-02-2018, 07:14 AM
It's been a long time since I hunted deer . . . just curious . . when you take your coffee to the woods to deer hunt, do the deer bring the doughnuts?

Laugh but my friend uses sugar donuts in a baitpile. I thought he was crazy but he showed me gamecam pictures with the deer eating the heck out of them and having powdered sugar all over their faces.

jonp
07-02-2018, 07:21 AM
I have 2 yetis that work well. Which brand is not anti gun now?

https://gearjunkie.com/rtic-pelican-orca-coolers-yeti-nra

RTIC, Pelican, ORCA Side With NRA

It appears RTIC, ORCA, and Pelican capitalized on YETI’s lag. Whereas its competitors made unwavering statements in support of the Second Amendment, YETI posted a longwinded statement. And followers have been harshly critical.

Frankly, this really doesn't have an effect on me as I wouldn't spend that much on an overpriced cooler but the idea that a company would tell me that they don't want my business much like Gander Outdoors makes it certain I wouldn't buy their product even if I found one second hand.

Fishman
07-02-2018, 08:21 AM
I found a couple black ozark trail mugs at Walmart on clearance for $5. They are 30 oz and work just as well as my rtic and yeti tumblers. Yes I drink almost 30 oz of coffee in the morning but it takes a while and these thermal mugs work great.

mold maker
07-02-2018, 09:13 AM
For the price of those overpriced coolers, I'll have a young lass deliver a fresh cup and a smile to me whenever I want it.
Call me cheap, but that extravagance is ridiculous. It's like paying the enemy to laugh at us.

cwlongshot
07-02-2018, 09:52 AM
Rtic mugs

YES they do a better job of keeping cold than keeping hot. But easily keep fluids very warm most of a day.

I have a couple, they easily keep coffee soup HOT for all morning in my deer stands at below freezing temps.''

Best part is thee are NOT overpriced for how well they work. NO WHERE NEAR YETI prices!!

CW

https://www.rticcoolers.com/shop/drinkware/tumblers/RTIC-Tumbler-30-oz

obssd1958
07-02-2018, 10:28 AM
Since Handloader109 won't beat his own drum, let me do it for him - He supplies just the type of mug that you're looking for, but with the added feature of having the Cast Boolits logo and you're handle, laser engraved on the side. There are other choices of engraving if you don't want the Cast Boolits logo (but who wouldn't?). His vendor sponsor page, with ordering info, is here:
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?327294-Laser-Engraved-Cast-Boolits-Logo-items
and a thread with plenty of glowing reviews:
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?327292-VS-Stainless-Steel-Cups-CastBoolits-Logo

Hope this helps!!!

Don

RU shooter
07-02-2018, 12:38 PM
I'm a confirmed coffee addict and I've had the same huge 52 oz Bubba brand mug/jug for going on 10 years mine is called the Bubba keg ! They make smaller also. I fill it up at 6am just about a whole pot of coffee and I'm still sipping on it at quitting time at 3 it's still warm too not hot but warm enough . Lid seals up good in case of tip overs .

redhawk0
07-02-2018, 01:38 PM
I use an old Stainless Steel Thermos (1 liter). That thing is also vacuum sealed and keeps my coffee hot for 7 hours and its still warm at 10 hours....my only problem is....my hunting stand pee jar is only 1/2 Liter (one of those aluminum screw cap fuel bottles)...hmmmm....input always equals output....if you know what I mean. (Someday I'll get a bigger pee jar) Eventually, you have to take a walk and empty the pee jar ...but that's not necessarily a bad thing either after your butt or foot falls asleep sitting in the stand. Haha

redhawk

GhostHawk
07-03-2018, 08:56 AM
My wife bought me a Contigo coffee mug for christmas. Stainless steel, double wall, has a plastic screw on lid with a rubber ball on a lever so it can be almost 100% spillproof. Holds 20 ounces of coffee.
Keeps my coffee hot for 2 hours, warm for another 4-5. But my coffee is not terribly hot going in.
So bringing the temp closer to boiling point would probably add several hours of time.

She bought the first at Walmart. Second, third and fourth at thrift store.
One is plastic, smaller, just right for summer where I don't need as much.

https://www.gocontigo.com/20-oz-snapseal-byron-stainless-travel-mug.html

13$ for a 20 oz, 11$ for 16, 15$ for 24.

Pretty reasonable, very durable product. Watch that you don't lose the little ball seal.

Mytmousemalibu
07-03-2018, 10:10 AM
RTIC....

I have a bunch of Rtic gear and love the heck out of it! Its just as nice if not better than "YUKI" brand junk and costs significantly less. Plus Rtic and others are siding with the 2A community. They have some great stuff and its cheap enough you don't feel like you had to trade your soul for it. They have sales going all the time, (this would be a great time to check) and they actually update their products and make new items. I have a big tumbler that I take to shooting matches, sits out in the sun and heat yet will hold ice for a couple days easy. In the house, more like 3-1/2 days. Its a $30 item that is a $90+ item from the scumbag uppity brand.

Can't beat it.

Driver33
07-03-2018, 02:43 PM
I use Stanley products an have very good results there 16oz bottle works great . I had to buy a second one cause my girlfriend laid claim to the first on

Grmps
07-03-2018, 03:59 PM
https://i.imgur.com/wqPGGE5.jpg

DDriller
07-03-2018, 04:52 PM
I use Thermos brand cups. Spill proof lids and keeps coffee better than my Yetis. If you can find the Thermos with the lever opening drink slot it works better then the push slide.

RED BEAR
07-03-2018, 10:42 PM
not sure of brand wife bought from wallmart are brushed stainless will keep coffee hot half a day and warm all day . works great for cold drinks to. left half one of ice water in garage half one day and all night went out next morning bout 10 and was still cold. paid 8 dollars for a two pack. these are the best i have ever seen. would never have believed they could work so good but seeing is believing. wish i knew the brand for you.

EMC45
07-04-2018, 12:30 PM
Ozark Trails at Wal Mart. The 20 oz tumbler is around 7 bucks each, but on WM.com they are running a deal 2 for 10. Can't beat them! They are made in the SAME factory as the other higher dollar mugs (even all the lids all fit the same on the mugs - interchangeable). So for 7 bucks or 30 you get the SAME mug! Yeti showed their hand with their little bit of virtual signaling recently.

They will keep coffee hot for a looonnng time too. It never goes "warm" before I get a chance to finish it. Stays hot to the end. Also keeps ice water cold for a long time too.

David2011
07-05-2018, 12:31 AM
I'm an Ozark Trails fan as well. We have about a half dozen of them; not for show but because they keep our drinks cold for a really long time in the New Mexico heat. The 30 ounce model is under $10. They'll keep coffee hot for several hours. The one unsatisfactory brand I've encountered is Corkcicle. My parents gave us some Corkcicle stainless mugs as a gift a few years ago. They get much hotter or colder on the outside than any other brand I've used and don't keep ice more well. They're really no better than cheap plastic double walled tumblers.

I got a 30 ounce Ozark Trails with the camo finish for my patio tumbler. Caution: Remember where you set it down. Camo works. Took me 2 weeks to find it.