PDA

View Full Version : PMC Primers

dromia
09-17-2008, 03:43 PM
Just bought a 5k box of PMC LP primers. The outer packaging says they are made in Russia, but there is no reference to it on the individual 1K packs contained within. Just the usual Eldorado Cartridge Corp, Boulder NV.

Not that I have a problem with them being Russian as I've been using Russian KVB-1 large rifle primers and find them very consistent.

Just a bit odd being in the UK buying US branded primers made in Russia, the wonders of globalism no doubt. :confused:

dromia
09-17-2008, 03:45 PM
Just found it does say "Made in Russia" on the 1K boxes hidden under one of the packaging flaps.

Lloyd Smale
09-17-2008, 07:29 PM
A WOLF in sheeps clothing

Johnch
09-18-2008, 12:24 AM
2 years back I bought 20K of PMC large rifle primers from a gunshop going out of busness
So far I have run 8+ K of them through several bolt guns

Never had any problems

But they were a touch harder to seat
As they were about a .001 or so larger than most large rifle primers

John

Buckshot
09-18-2008, 01:38 AM
..................Probably made by the same people who made Wolf as Lloyd Smale alluded to. Graff & Son had the PMC brand on closeout a couple years back. Just looked and I'd dated the sleeves 12-05. They were $56/5K and no shipping so I bought 7 sleeves. I questioned the guy at Graff's and he said they were really high quality primers, and a couple high power shooters he knows said that they and several others at Quantico loved their consistancy.

The reason I was given that they were being closed out was that the importer was getting greedy? So read whatever you'd like into that.

There is a label on the sleeve with information. Besides gross and net weights, case number and etc, it has: Consignee: Industrial Technology Development Enterprises, Inc. Phoenix, Arizona, U.S.A. Consignor: Federal State Unitary Enterprise "Murom Apparatus Producing Plant. Made in Russia.

I opened a sleeve when I got them and IIRC they were brass unplated primers. I tried a couple in some 30-06 (R-P) cases and they were a tad snug seating. I haven't used any yet as I'm still shooting Win LRP's I bought in 1999 :-)

................Buckshot