PDA

View Full Version : phone scams

lefty o
06-25-2018, 03:50 PM
hate the relentless phone calls, but i always back dial the number just to see. well , i got one. to have some revenge try 1-888-653-6219 haji's using american names, and they answer windows refund center. harass the heck out of 'em. ive had them swearing, and just going nutz. good entertainment if your bored.

Omega
06-25-2018, 04:11 PM
hate the relentless phone calls, but i always back dial the number just to see. well , i got one. to have some revenge try 1-800653-6219 haji's using american names, and they answer windows refund center. harass the heck out of 'em. ive had them swearing, and just going nutz. good entertainment if your bored.Ha, I should transfer my line to that number and have them harass the heck out of each other.

Tom W.
06-25-2018, 05:01 PM
I just won $850,000 from PCH.... Just send my name, address, phone number and God knows what else to an address I've never seen before........

lightman
06-25-2018, 09:04 PM
Yeah, got another one the other day telling me about all of the warrants out on me.

DocSavage
06-25-2018, 09:29 PM
Been contacted twice by the "IRS" on my non payment of income taxes

bangerjim
06-25-2018, 09:36 PM
I’ve won the Irish Sweepstakes, the Euro-Lotto, inherited $200M from the king of Keisterland, and so much more. The money just keeps flying at me.

All they need is my name, address, SS, and bank routing number to deposit to!!!!!

I saw on TV where US citizens have lost BILLIONS of $$ in the last year to these scams.

And how about the emails that tell you your bank account (in a bank you don’t even use!) has been frozen and you need to log in and update your data. And the email is addressed to dear sir or hello......and the domain of the emails are always .eu or .ru or .de or someother s-hole country!

AAAARRRRRRR......gotta keep a weather eye out for them, matey!!!!!!!

mold maker
06-26-2018, 03:01 PM
If it weren't profitable, they wouldn't continue. There are suckers everywhere, and crooks to take advantage.

Wheelguns 1961
06-26-2018, 07:11 PM
I have been getting bogus emails saying I bought something with paypal. Last time it was $300.00 per oz perfume. They then say if you did not make this purchase, or want to cancel it log onto this link. That is when they get you. They all are from New Zealand.

mold maker
06-27-2018, 09:39 AM
It should be the responsibility of the email provider to weed out the scammers.
They're the ones being paid for the service.

Texas by God
06-27-2018, 02:03 PM
Yeah, got another one the other day telling me about all of the warrants out on me.This has happened to me too. I told them to come get me. 3 hots and a cot!
When I get a call from a strange #, I just pick it up but don't speak. This weeds out the VOX. It's humorous when a human is on the line- they meekly say......hello?.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

FISH4BUGS
06-27-2018, 04:05 PM
I got an email from a manufacturer in Taiwan (allegedly) looking for a law firm to help them collect a debt on a defaulted contract.
I decided to have some fun, and answered with the closing Maurice Fine, Esq. Dewey Cheatem and Howe. After many emails back and forth I received a check for some $485,000 drawn on a Chinese bank, and made out to (you guessed it) Dewey Cheatem and Howe.
They asked me to deposit it and let them know when it was deposited. I let them know that it had been deposited (sure it was) and about a week later they asked me to wire them $400,000 and I could keep the rest for my troubles because the debtor had paid the money direct to them.
The original check was bogus and would have taken more than two weeks to clear.
Jeez....how stupid do they think we are? Pretty stupid apparently.
I took the check to the bank and they got a huge laugh out of it. The manager made a copy of the check and framed it and put it on her wall.

bob208
06-30-2018, 12:40 PM
I got one yesterday my windows license was expired. wanted my c,c number to renew.