PDA

View Full Version : Fedex failed claim

am44mag
05-29-2018, 11:25 PM
A week or two ago I bought a new power supply unit for my computer off of a third party seller on Amazon for $110. It never showed up. It was listed as "delivered" but that's a bunch of baloney since there were four adults watching for it all day. We never left the house. It's not possible that it was stolen either because we live in BFE nowhere at the end of a dead end road where we have known the few neighbors we have for decades. No one is gonna come down that road unless they live down it.

Well, we filed a claim the day it was supposedly delivered. They declined it since "our system shows that it was delivered". That's a bunch of bull. What recourse short of taking them to small claims court do I have? The money part sucks, but really it's the principle of the thing that chaps my behind. They made a mistake and either delivered it to the wrong address, or they lost it somehow. They are not taking responsibility for their screw up, and worse than that they are calling us liars by saying it was delivered.

Any suggestions?

handyman25
05-29-2018, 11:31 PM
I would call Fedex and tell them they are WRONG. If you paid by credit card dispute the charge giving full details and then call the credit card company and tell them do not pay this charge. Also you want to see who signed for the package, name time etc.

TXGunNut
05-29-2018, 11:34 PM
If you haven't already request a tracking number and go to the FedEx site for details. You may be able to get helpful details from the delivery notes. Be persistent, sometimes it pays off.

RED BEAR
05-29-2018, 11:34 PM
I've had the same problem with fedex claimed the package was delivered nowhere to be found a few days later it appeared on porch someone got it and brought it by it wasn't any one on my block so have no idea where it was delivered. fedex is almost as bad as usps.

fast ronnie
05-29-2018, 11:38 PM
Fed Ex delivers here without a signature unless is is requested by sender, but haven't had a problem. I would CALL the supervisor of your local Fed Ex distribution center. Failing that, contact Amazon, then credit card company and dispute. Amazon refunded our money for a shipment for someone who refused to accept a return because we had opened the box. Amazon did this even though it was a third party transaction. They want to keep a good name.

redneck1
05-29-2018, 11:57 PM
It's pretty common in rural areas for fed ex drivers to scan items as delivered and then wait until they are actually in your area to deliver .

It's a fed ex scam that's mostly done with Amazon packages that are guaranteed two day delivery .

Walkingwolf
05-30-2018, 12:53 AM
I went through this with a laptop battery, Amazon made it good. They gave a month for it to show up even though it said delivered, then when it didn't they refunded my account.

If you haven't contacted Amazon, do so. You will have to wait, but you should receive a refund.

waksupi
05-30-2018, 01:36 AM
I've started claims before, and have found out they were delivered by the post office, rather than Fedex. Since I don't go down the mountain often to check the mail, I didn't know it had been sitting in my mailbox. Just another time in my life I have felt like a ****ed fool.

Oily
05-30-2018, 01:43 AM
I have the same problem with USPS. Bought a 2 die set and a single die and my post office received the shipping label from the package but no package. Bought it on fleabay and they contacted USPS and were told it was at PO ready to be picked up. Case closed and my lost claim to USPS is now in the 3rd month and no answer. It seems to be the OKC hub because both packages were sent to them and were lost after that.Do not give up, keep pestering them until the problem is resolved. I send a lost claim to USPS every 2 days on the same 2 items and they will reimburse me or I will keep sending lost claim forms to them for eternity. Sorry for the rant but it ticks me off. Pissed off Oily

Mr_Sheesh
05-30-2018, 04:31 AM
I have a $10 item (laptop power supply), which I ordered off the FleaBay, shipped FedEx and supposed to then be delivered by USPS. My postal mail box is a LOCKED box, it has certainly never been dropped in there, but they marked it as "delivered" and it's not there and hasn't been there. I ordered another one, it arrived cheaper and far fater; the seller on the first one has gotten attitudinal at me on this. So I have to go through the appeal etc. process; FedEx keeps doing this baloney and I am to the point that I won't buy things if Federal Extra Lost is involved in shipping them, now; Enough is enough. At least the one arrived and I can finally USE my darn laptop!

Ickisrulz
05-30-2018, 09:06 AM
I'd work through Amazon. They see the bigger picture.

MUSTANG
05-30-2018, 09:20 AM
We had an Amazon package reported as scanned and delivered to the Kalispell house last month. Not there; searched the porch, driveway, Entry Gate (Where UPS,FedEx, and sometimes USPS will hang packages in a plastic bag); and Nothing. Talked to neighbors, and nothing. Tried to start "Claim" with Amazon (No way to initiate a Claim for item reported as delivered as far as we could find on Amazon); and three days later we get a call from a "Neighbor" about 7 miles away on a different Rural Road with the same Number as ours; asking if we ordered XXXX from Amazon; they had our package. Funny, a week later we had a package from Amazon for the same people; mis-delivered again with the correct number and road on address label; but dropped off at correct number but Wrong Road (those same neighbors 7 miles away).

My observation is that we have isolated work responsibility away from the "People" who work at various occupations (Parcel delivery, restaurants, stores, etc..) and replaced it with "Scanner, GPS, Software" responsibility instead. Can't fire the "Scanner, GPS, Software" in today's world.

frkelly74
05-30-2018, 09:22 AM
We got a package once that was addressed to a lady in a neighboring town. It came at the same time when we got delivery of an identical item that we did order. The lady's address was on the package but the delivery scan bar code label had our address on it. Automation at its finest there. I called or maybe I chatted the local office ( it's been a while ) and they said to put it on the porch and someone would pick it up and it would get delivered to the right place. I could have kept it and no one would have known, or cared, except that lady would be looking for her package. All that goes to reiterate that their system is quite flawed and it is possible for packages to go astray for multiple reasons. It is a wonder so many do make it to where they belong.

MaryB
05-30-2018, 09:09 PM
fedex has become a joke where I am. They dump packages anywhere and everywhere BUT the house they belong to...

koehn,jim
05-31-2018, 12:53 PM
You should also file a complaint with The Interstate Commerce Commission they will give them some grief.

Bird
05-31-2018, 01:36 PM
Your recourse is through the seller of the goods. They paid Fed Ex, so they are the party to file the claim for the lost package.
I have been through this a couple of times, and I will no longer have goods shipped to me using FedEx. You as the receiver of the package will have no joy filing the claim.

Soundguy
05-31-2018, 02:14 PM
it was likely delivered, just not to you.

I was setting at home, taking a day off work waiting for a rifle. had the door open watching for the truck. got a text notification that the rifle was delivered. ***? it was delivered all right.. to someone across town.

I was getting static untill I asked for a name and contact info to give to the ATF when I filed my lost firearm report.. and then casually mentioned that I hope the driver didn't give the gun to a minor or felon who then committed a crime as that might be legal trouble for them... dirty pool yes.. but it worked... they somehow figured out the FU and got the gun to me an hour later.

GREENCOUNTYPETE
05-31-2018, 07:28 PM
work through the seller , amazon has the power to move fedex.

Soundguy
05-31-2018, 07:35 PM
Agreed, its not a sealed deal till its in your hands.

am44mag
05-31-2018, 11:37 PM
We are in the process of talking to the original seller (not Amazon). Maybe he can get things going on his side with Fedex. I'll probably give them a peace of my mind too before this is over. I will NEVER use them again unless I have too. I've had minor issues with UPS and USPS before, but nothing even remotely like this.

If all else fails, we'll get into contact with Amazon. Thanks for the advise fellas.

Moonie
06-03-2018, 03:18 PM
I have a camera that points out on my front yard, it in a second floor window. It records every car that pulls into the driveway or any car that drives down our private road, I'm the first house. I see drop offs but more importantly I will see anyone trying to take something off my porch.

HangFireW8
06-03-2018, 05:12 PM
Of course your claim failed. Only the sender can file a claim. You're not the sender you're the recipient. Of course you paid for it, but that doesn't matter. The seller paid FedEx so the seller is the FedEx customer, not you.

Have the seller file a claim, or better just get a refund from them.

Geezer in NH
06-03-2018, 05:30 PM
FedEx, UPS only the shipper can submit a claim.

Seller who submits WILL be denied.

Have your seller/shipper submit if bought through Amazon place a claim to Amazon who cares about the actual supplier, not me.

am44mag
06-12-2018, 01:14 PM
We had the seller file a claim. Not sure how that went, but we got our money back.

I will avoid FedEx whenever possible for now on.

Soundguy
06-12-2018, 02:19 PM
My biggest issue with FedEx is they have no local depot for will call/hold/pickup. Meaning I can't order anything adult signature, if it is shipped FedEx , unless I want to take a couple days off work to set him and hope it gets delivered to the correct address.

am44mag
06-13-2018, 09:17 PM
THOSE INCOMPETENT IDIOTS DID IT AGAIN! :mad:

Sent in a rebate to Hornady on some free bullets (well, I had to pay shipping, but free enough), and guess who they decided to use to mail $70 worth of 6.5mm bullets? You guessed it, FailEx. Caught their screw up pretty quick this time, called their customer service reps, and gave them an earful about this driver. They're going to contact his hub and him tonight and call us back. They're gonna learn by God.

snuffy
06-14-2018, 05:55 PM
What most don't know about fail-ex is they don't actually have company paid drivers like UPS does. Or any kind of union. They use contractors that buy their own trucks, then train the drivers. They work just for the contractor, not FedEx.

My great nephew works for such a contractor. He likes the fast paced work, is well paid ,(well not like a UPS driver).

There's a big mall ,(well big as far as Appleton Wi goes), that has pickup and delivery on the same day. The one nephew got his brother a job with the same contractor, his job was that entire mall. Just a couple days of training, then here ya go get er done! A couple of screw ups of not picking up one stores outgoing packages, you're fired!

The turn over is high because of the high intensity, fast paced work and almost no training.

Soundguy
06-14-2018, 07:23 PM
But look at how much $ they are saving! :/

Traffer
06-14-2018, 07:34 PM
It is correct that it is that senders obligation to file a claim. According to the law as I understand it (working with eBay for nearly 20 years) The seller is responsible for the item until it is in your hands. So, although it is not the sellers fault here, they are still legally at fault. They must pressure FedEx to find the package and get it to you. You simply get your money back from the seller and let them handle the whole thing. According to my understanding THAT IS HOW IT WORKS. If it turns out that you have to get your money back, you can get probably get a much better deal for your power supply on eBay. Just sayin...(I have been building computers since 1996 and am A+ certified)

am44mag
06-14-2018, 10:13 PM
It is correct that it is that senders obligation to file a claim. According to the law as I understand it (working with eBay for nearly 20 years) The seller is responsible for the item until it is in your hands. So, although it is not the sellers fault here, they are still legally at fault. They must pressure FedEx to find the package and get it to you. You simply get your money back from the seller and let them handle the whole thing. According to my understanding THAT IS HOW IT WORKS. If it turns out that you have to get your money back, you can get probably get a much better deal for your power supply on eBay. Just sayin...(I have been building computers since 1996 and am A+ certified)

Believe it or not, that WAS a good deal. That was a $140-$150 PSU that was on sale.

Legally that's how things work, but in practice it's a matter of how much of a headache you cause them. Two separate Facebook posts (one on FedEx's page) that blew up, and a call every day seems to be putting pressure on them. They are making a note that we are having habitual problems with this driver, and they are going to make him retrace his steps and find that package. I'd rather not have to deal with Hornady over this as they don't have the same kind of zero effort customer service issue system that Amazon does. I have no doubt they'd make things right though. We're supposed to call them tomorrow for an update.

OS OK
06-14-2018, 11:50 PM
Doesn't FedX track their vehicles real time?
What time was the package delivered?
Where was the truck at that time?

There's your answer to where it got dropped.

Soundguy
06-15-2018, 04:45 PM
FedEx must have some tracking capability. One of their drivers gave a rifle I ordered to someone. Took a little browbeating but when I asked who ATF could use as a contact person for the missing rifle, they managed to find it and retrieve it and get it delivered pretty quick. So it -Is- possible.

dragon813gt
06-15-2018, 05:29 PM
FedEx must have some tracking capability. One of their drivers gave a rifle I ordered to someone. Took a little browbeating but when I asked who ATF could use as a contact person for the missing rifle, they managed to find it and retrieve it and get it delivered pretty quick. So it -Is- possible.

They found it because the driver knew where he delivered it to. They routinely deliver my packages to a house up the street from me that’s on the South side w/ the same house number. The people that live there have tried to keep the packages. And the FedEx driver has asked me if I would go up there and ask for my packages. The last time this happened was w/ a $5k set of custom wheels for one of my cars. A call to the branch manager had the wheels in my possession that afternoon. The driver knew he delivered them to the wrong house but was unwilling to go get them. I gladly pay more for UPS delivery.

Soundguy
06-15-2018, 05:47 PM
Same here, UPS has a local hub and I have an account. I can hold it, etc as soon as a lable is generated. Text,email updates, etc. I much prefer UPS.

am44mag
06-15-2018, 06:30 PM
They're still browbeating around. We've gotten into contact with the hub the driver works out of and gave them hell. They called him and he was "too busy to talk right now".

tomme boy
06-17-2018, 02:04 AM
Their scanner has GPS built in. They know exactly where each item is dropped off. USPS even sets off a alarm if they drop off at the wrong location according to my mailman. He can not even stand out at the street he has to get close to my house so the alarm does not set off as the wrong address.

MUSTANG
06-17-2018, 08:46 AM
Their scanner has GPS built in. They know exactly where each item is dropped off. USPS even sets off a alarm if they drop off at the wrong location according to my mailman. He can not even stand out at the street he has to get close to my house so the alarm does not set off as the wrong address.

GPS can be either direct broadcast feed from the satellite constellation (The type of GPS one finds in Garmin products for hunting/fishing/etc.), or a GPS feed linked from the Cell Tower systems of your cellular phone, in which case the Cell towers are a "Known Location", and through triangulation and signal timing the specific location can be determined (This works for GPS Tracking systems for vehicles also). In the Cellular based GPS systems, if there is no Cell Signal, there is no granular/specific location GPS Tracking (Other than "Last Known Location"). So for rural areas with poor, or no Cell Signals; or for "Dead Areas" due to micro geographic conditions (Signal shading from a ridge, ravine, etc...) the specific location can be degraded or translated to a "Last Known Location". Technology is great; but not perfect in all conditions. At our Moapa Nevada, and Kalispell Montana homes - there is no Cellular Signals; so GPS tracking is either offline or degraded; even though the UPS/FeDEx/USPS/etc.. drivers scan the packages when picked up or dropped off.

Tenbender
06-17-2018, 09:56 AM
Amazon has done that to me but on there end. I returned a item and they said they never recd. back. I used the shipping label Amazon provided so I could not track it or file a claim from my end. Anyway, I payed my bill and stopped buying from Amazon ? Amazon prices are not all that great anyway. We all should stop buying on line.

am44mag
06-17-2018, 11:28 AM
Amazon has done that to me but on there end. I returned a item and they said they never recd. back. I used the shipping label Amazon provided so I could not track it or file a claim from my end. Anyway, I payed my bill and stopped buying from Amazon ? Amazon prices are not all that great anyway. We all should stop buying on line.

The shipping labels usually have a tracking number on them. The ones I've used before did. As for buying online, I don't like driving 3-4 hours to get some of the stuff I need...

Well, we caused enough of a pain in FedEx's you know what that the driver called us at 9pm on Friday and promised to go find the package and deliver it on Monday. We'll see how that goes.

am44mag
06-18-2018, 01:29 PM
Finally got this mess resolved! I got my order of bullets today AND the PSU that had been originally lost. Don't know where they were, but no one had opened anything. It was all still sealed.

We had already been reimbursed for the PSU by Amazon, not sure how that went for the seller though. They had to file a claim after ours was turned down. We'll check in on that and see how it went. We might end us sending that PSU back to them. We already got a replacement so I don't need it anymore.