PDA

View Full Version : Wheelweight find

jack19512
09-14-2008, 01:16 PM
A friend of mine called me yesterday to tell me he located about 50 lbs. of wheelweights at a little tire shop and for me to pick him up this mourning and we would go get them.

I picked him up and went to the tire shop, one that I didn't even know existed, and was only about 15 minutes from me. Got there and there were four five gallon buckets full of weights.

All it cost me was my time and gas to go get them. They had the usual trash mixed in but that's fine with me. This is the first wheelweights I have been able to get in a while.

Leadforbrains
09-14-2008, 02:51 PM
HOOOOO BOY! Great find. Looks like you are set for awhile. If I were you I'd take a couple cases of beer or soda and a couple a dozen doughnuts or something by that place.

Alchemist
09-14-2008, 04:40 PM
Where ya gonna buy your next set of tires??

Gotta love small dealers...they make thier own decisions on how to dispose of the old WWs. Forget Wal-Mart, for trying to buy WWs or tires...they don't want to talk to ya. My small town tire dealer gave me 100# of WWs for the asking, and said "come on back next time ya need some".

xr650
09-14-2008, 06:10 PM
Good score Jack.

jack19512
09-14-2008, 06:44 PM
I spent a lot of today separating the weights from the trash, very big job. I ended up with 1 1/2 bucket of trash and the rest weights. I am smelting some of them now. So far I have only found 2 weights that were not lead.

Bigjohn
09-14-2008, 07:22 PM
When travelling around town, I keep a close eye on the intersections, which are always a good source of dropped Wheelweights.

Just this last week seems to have produced an excellent crop with one intersection producing about a pound of WW's just ripe for the picking up.

Must be the season.

John.