PDA

View Full Version : Lock and Lube grease gun coupler

jsizemore
05-28-2018, 02:15 PM
Anybody tried one of these. Are they worth the money? I can get lube in the control arm bushings if I remove the wheel but who wants to do that.

rl69
05-28-2018, 03:34 PM
I like them, I have over tweety fans I grease every quarter and all the other every day tasks.It has held up well.

15meter
05-28-2018, 05:23 PM

This is what we used on the farm with good success for years. Still use it on the suspension of my pickup.

Never used one that locked on any more than the standard spring loaded end.

Hardcast416taylor
05-29-2018, 02:01 PM

This is what we used on the farm with good success for years. Still use it on the suspension of my pickup.

Never used one that locked on any more than the standard spring loaded end.

I had one of these and it finally came apart on the swivel lock last year after about 25 yrs. service.Robert

Mytmousemalibu
05-29-2018, 03:16 PM
Univerco model 3102!

Best thing since sliced bread when It comes to greasing things. Worth every penny for the quality kit it is.

Cowpoke
05-29-2018, 04:27 PM
Been using the lock n lube for about a year now around the farm. It works great.

Hardcast416taylor
05-30-2018, 04:10 PM
Last year I was in my local TSC farm store buying regular grease gun fittings. On the back of the blister pack card was written: Caution, the state of California has determined that this object causes cancer!Robert

jsizemore
05-30-2018, 05:36 PM
I've got mine on order and should be here next week. I've battled greasing this truck for the past 3 years. There's only 6 grease fittings on this truck. I can get to all of them without too much trouble but getting grease in a couple of them has been a pain. I hope this takes care of the problem.

dkf
05-30-2018, 06:26 PM
They work fine for me so far. There are a couple places I have found I could not get them on due to the larger diameter but I have adapters I can use to get those fittings. My one got some water on it and rusted so it wouldn't work right. I loosened it up and cleaned the rust and it works fine again. Don't let them rust.

Geezer in NH
05-30-2018, 07:50 PM
Grease it when you rotate the tires perhaps? 7 K is ok time to re-grease.

jsizemore
06-03-2018, 12:19 PM
I got the coupler 3 days early. Threaded right on the grease gun hose. I pumped the handle a couple times and had grease at the opening. I turned the steering wheel full left and without getting under the truck pumped once and saw a little grease. I pulled the coupler off and cleaned the grease off. Put it back on and this time it was sitting straight and fully seated on the zert. 2 pumps and no sign of grease and the dust boot swelled. Got the lower control arm bushing done in 30 seconds. 2 minutes later the passenger control arm bushings were done. DARN RIGHT! I'm not happy about spending $30 on a coupler. But it sure works.

PaulG67
06-03-2018, 02:19 PM
I have a Lock N Lube and I really like it. it is worth every penny. Makes lubing the tractor a breeze.

Petrol & Powder
06-03-2018, 05:43 PM
I got the coupler 3 days early. Threaded right on the grease gun hose. I pumped the handle a couple times and had grease at the opening. I turned the steering wheel full left and without getting under the truck pumped once and saw a little grease. I pulled the coupler off and cleaned the grease off. Put it back on and this time it was sitting straight and fully seated on the zert. 2 pumps and no sign of grease and the dust boot swelled. Got the lower control arm bushing done in 30 seconds. 2 minutes later the passenger control arm bushings were done. DARN RIGHT! I'm not happy about spending $30 on a coupler. But it sure works.

Sounds like a winner to me.

And that $30 will be a whole lot cheaper than ball joints, tie rod ends and whatever else you need to occasionally grease.

Just out of curiosity, what brand do you buy?

jsizemore
06-03-2018, 08:53 PM
I'm using Green Grease. My first synthetic and appears to be what was used before I bought the truck.

Petrol & Powder
06-04-2018, 06:36 AM
I'm sorry, my mistake, what brand coupler did you buy?

jsizemore
06-04-2018, 12:57 PM
Sorry about that. It's sold as the "LocknLube" coupler. Actually made by Gurtech but the price is the same wherever you buy it. Comes with a spare seal kit. Shipping is included in the price too.

Petrol & Powder
06-04-2018, 06:28 PM
Thanks, Looks like a winner.