PDA

View Full Version : I hope that someone can lead me to a place were I might find some info!

gcollins
09-14-2008, 08:41 AM
Just 25 miles south of me there is a area were they underground mined for zinc and Iron ore for a 100 years or more! Down in that area there a some flea markets, and you don't know what you might find!
About 6 weeks ago, I was at a Big Flea market and in one of the booths was a smelter of some kind! It stand about 24" tall, has a round 2 1/2 gallon fuel tank that is also the stand! Of course it has some plumbing running up to a 2" opening where the flame will come out, then it has 3 stair stepped prongs that make a circle for differnt potts to set on.
You fill it with fuel (??????) and pump it up like a Coleman camping Latern, turn the vavle and fire it up, it also has a small adjuster for air mixture.
It seems to have a little fuel in it, but it most likely has been in there for years, so I don't imagine I will be able to tell what type of fuel it is?
I will post a pic of it, in a little while! I would be great full for any leads, the problem is, I cannot find a brand on it anywhere, but I will look it over real good.
Thanks
Greg
It is a Clayton & Lambert Model 14 A, I would be so great full for info, the label is torn, and all you can read about the fuel that you need to use is a E on the end of the word!
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn140/acelungger/ClaytonLambert.jpg

Bret4207
09-14-2008, 09:03 AM
Sounds like a plumbers furnace. The furnace was fueled with gasoline and is definitely an outside toy. Try searching here for plumbers furnace and you should get a 4-5 page response. I love mine.

gcollins
09-14-2008, 11:33 AM
Bret, what brand do you have? I bought this one to get my lead into ingots. There was also another one there for 1/3 of what I gave for mine, but mine came with 2 cast iron pots.
Thank you I will do a search right now!
Greg