PDA

View Full Version : WTB fat 8mm bullets

samari46
05-22-2018, 10:48 PM
After one of our members posted about the smallish bores on the 8mm Persian mausers got me to thinking about what exactly the bore dimensions of my Persian Mauser. What I would like about 10 bullets .325 or better for slugging my Mauser. Plus the 8mm Persian Mauser carbine barrel I have.Will happily pay for the bullets and shipping. No lube or gas checks needed. Thanks in advance. Frank

vinniedude
07-16-2018, 07:38 AM
Dear Samari46, I have an unlimited supply of excellent quality homecast .328"-329" boolits per Lee mold for the 8x56R Hungarian ctg.
I'll have to research what the Persian Mauser really swallows but I'm out the door for vacation this week. They might be applicable but we should investigate on both our parts. Can furnish raw or gas-checked and lubed to .328". If upon your own research you want to reply please do so. Best! - Vinniedude

samari46
07-23-2018, 10:34 PM
Vinniedude, would like to buy about ten so's I can slug the barrel on my Persian mauser and also slug the Persian carbine barrel I hopefully plan to have installed on an old VZ 24 action I've been keeping for such a project. When you get back from vacation please pm me so's I can exchange addrese's. Only need bare unsized bullets. And will gladly pay whatever you wish for the bullets and shipping. Thanks again. Frank

Grmps
07-23-2018, 10:58 PM
You will need PURE LEAD boolits to slug your barrel. You may find barrel sinkers in the fishing department you could use to slug your barrel

vinniedude
10-11-2018, 10:16 PM
Vinniedude, would like to buy about ten so's I can slug the barrel on my Persian mauser and also slug the Persian carbine barrel I hopefully plan to have installed on an old VZ 24 action I've been keeping for such a project. When you get back from vacation please pm me so's I can exchange addrese's. Only need bare unsized bullets. And will gladly pay whatever you wish for the bullets and shipping. Thanks again. Frank

Hello again Frank, - sorry for the delay / I actually forgot about this if it's not "in my face" on my regular email.
Use vmm4895@hotmail.com for my direct email. This is not a scam / I am not a scammer. Will need postage / let's communicate by email. Best ! - Vinniedude

30-30 guy
01-20-2019, 05:19 PM
Grmps, Thanks for the tip on the lead sinker to slug a barrel, never thought of that!! Gonna give it a try!!

Conditor22
01-20-2019, 05:53 PM
You can also PC boolits to increase the diameter and eliminate the need for sticky/nasty/messy (I'm not prejudiced) lubes :bigsmyl2:

for slugging barrels, if the boolit/sinker (pure lead) is to small, set the end on an anvil and smack it a few times, it will get shorter and fatter (kinda like me and a lot of older folks I know)