PDA

View Full Version : Second run of Lyman 452374

andremajic
09-13-2008, 12:54 PM
Just thought I'd share my latest activities with a single cavity mould that I picked up at a gun show.

The first batch I made tested really well at the range! Almost no lead fouling. What was left in my barrel after about 150 rounds was scrubbed out in 30 seconds or so.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24940707@N07/2852944201/

I'm really excited about this. I can finally take my .45s out every weekend If I feel like it.

Andy.

jdgabbard
09-13-2008, 05:13 PM
Looks good. Get them lubed and loaded and have some fun!

HATCH
09-13-2008, 05:16 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3258/2852944201_6e21e10b9c_b.jpg

AzShooter
09-13-2008, 09:36 PM
Most excellent job dude! Lube em up and put holes in papper now. Really good looking bullets.

I admire your patience moulding with a single cavity. I use a six cavity Lee for my .38 revolver bullets and just ordered a second mould so I can get more out in a night. I don't shoot as much as I use to but if I can sit in the garage for an hour with two moulds I will have enough for my match shooting and a little practice.

Two nights a month and I'll have pleanty of bullets to keep me practicing too.

andremajic
04-10-2011, 12:17 PM
Most excellent job dude! Lube em up and put holes in papper now. Really good looking bullets.

I admire your patience moulding with a single cavity. I use a six cavity Lee for my .38 revolver bullets and just ordered a second mould so I can get more out in a night. I don't shoot as much as I use to but if I can sit in the garage for an hour with two moulds I will have enough for my match shooting and a little practice.

Two nights a month and I'll have pleanty of bullets to keep me practicing too.

Well, the one really great thing about using a single cavity is that all the bullets are the exact same, as opposed to multiple cavities, where there might be some minor variations between the cavities. I.E. rust, scratches, worn cherry, etc. Plus, the mould stays up to temp pretty easily because one side isn't getting filled first and timing isn't an issue.

Andy.

94Doug
04-10-2011, 12:33 PM
Although I can't find the photo, I do agree that a single cavity can be fun to cast with, there are some rifle moulds I could get by with only singles. Very consistant. A mould like a '374 is nice, because at some point if you get a 2-4 cavity in the same design down the road, you can have Buckshot perform a magic hp conversion on this one!!

Doug