PDA

View Full Version : My video...

Idaho45guy
05-17-2018, 01:49 PM
Anyone ever done a video for youtube or other video hosting site?

New video hosting sites are being created to protest YouTube and it's anti-gun and anti-conservative stance. One of the more promising ones is UGEtube. https://videos.utahgunexchange.com/

I wanted to support them by at least throwing up a video, which is something I had never done.

I just took a quick video of my Marlin lever action to test and posted it. Took forever to load! I guess that was due to the servers of the video site being inadequate. I took another video of my G29 while out hiking last week and posted it and it was much faster to load, so they must be beefing up their stuff to handle the demand.

I took mine with just my old cell phone and didn't do any editing. My computer is old and worn out and slow. Downloading and using a video editing app would be very time prohibitive.

Still, it was fun.

Link to my two little videos... https://videos.utahgunexchange.com/@Idaho45Guy

Rick Hodges
05-17-2018, 03:45 PM
I have no problem watching video on YouTube....that sight is S L O W. Even after waiting for it to load it stops every 7 or 8 words to load more. If they can't stream video and sound any faster than that they are doomed. I tried 3 times and each time it pauses to load about every 6 or 7 seconds and it is only a 20+ second video.

Idaho45guy
05-17-2018, 05:55 PM
I have no problem watching video on YouTube....that sight is S L O W. Even after waiting for it to load it stops every 7 or 8 words to load more. If they can't stream video and sound any faster than that they are doomed. I tried 3 times and each time it pauses to load about every 6 or 7 seconds and it is only a 20+ second video.

You're absolutely correct. I just watched it and it is super annoying. Could it be the video itself and my video settings? Too high of quality? I clicked on some of their other videos and mine was the only one that was stopping and starting.

Rick Hodges
05-17-2018, 07:33 PM
You're absolutely correct. I just watched it and it is super annoying. Could it be the video itself and my video settings? Too high of quality? I clicked on some of their other videos and mine was the only one that was stopping and starting.

That is way beyond my pay grade....LOL. I have no idea what could be happening. I can watch them but have never posted one and have no clue how it is done.